Flight pricing question, here are my numbers

Why's that? You'd totally change your mind if you knew how easy it is to fly out of home. We had a flight at 12:30 yesterday. Brought carry on only this short trip. We pulled up to the airport at 11:45 and through security before 12:00. Beats any drive to Atlanta, parking, trek through security and so forth. And when flying West, just as about the same cost. When flying to Orlando it's close when you factor in the added travel costs and time.
I could see it now though, on the return trip, my husband would have some one pick us up in Atlanta and be home by the time the flight to Chattanooga would start. I think airlines frown on that, right?

I could see it now though, on the return trip, my husband would have some one pick us up in Atlanta and be home by the time the flight to Chattanooga would start. I think airlines frown on that, right?
Yes they do. You spend more on gas than you do the air fare difference. And 20 on the plane vs 2 hours in the car. I swear once he sees how easy our airport is he will gladly change planes

I hated non stop till I tried that first time

Besides there are going to be places you can't get to without a stop.

Yes they do. You spend more on gas than you do the air fare difference. And 20 on the plane vs 2 hours in the car. I swear once he sees how easy our airport is he will gladly change planes

I hated non stop till I tried that first time

Besides there are going to be places you can't get to without a stop.
He won't do it though. I know him, 24 years together, you know how men are right, lol.

He won't do it though. I know him, 24 years together, you know how men are right, lol.
Yeah. I know the type
In my family, I'd be leaving DH on his own and taking the way flight out of home. Let DH deal with the hassle of Atlanta. And DH knows it. So he goes along realizing I am equally as stubborn. Probably more! Lol

Why's that? You'd totally change your mind if you knew how easy it is to fly out of home. We had a flight at 12:30 yesterday. Brought carry on only this short trip. We pulled up to the airport at 11:45 and through security before 12:00. Beats any drive to Atlanta, parking, trek through security and so forth. And when flying West, just as about the same cost. When flying to Orlando it's close when you factor in the added travel costs and time.
Maybe for Atlanta, but as a general rule nonstops for me are better. Not massive price increase better, but definitely better - that said, I'd rather connect on my preferred airline than fly nonstop or direct if pricing is similar, as I get some serious perks by doing so. I only wish that somebody other than SA and DL flew direct/nonstop to JNB...

Maybe for Atlanta, but as a general rule nonstops for me are better. Not massive price increase better, but definitely better - that said, I'd rather connect on my preferred airline than fly nonstop or direct if pricing is similar, as I get some serious perks by doing so. I only wish that somebody other than SA and DL flew direct/nonstop to JNB...
Just change
I'd rather connect on my preferred airline than fly nonstop or direct if pricing is similar,
To
I'd rather connect on my preferred airport than fly nonstop or direct if pricing is similar,
For us. Airline matters little to me as long as it's legacy. I won't fly Alegient even if they pay me

The places that I can fly direct are very limited.
5 towns in my state along what we call the highline (US 2) and the Eastern part.
Seattle and Portland on Alaska
Dallas/Fort Worth American this one just opened up this summer and from what I have seen connections to other places are either pray your first flight is not late and your next one is at the same gate or plan on enough time to have a long 5 course meal and still not be rushing to your gate. There is also only one flight a day so if you miss a connection coming in here your stuck so right now unless that is my final stop NO.
MSP and Salt Lake on Delta this is the airline that my family tries to use whenever possible.
Denver on United
Las Vegas 2 times a week on Allegiant
Los Angeles 2 times a week on Allegiant in the summer months only
Phoenix 3 times a week on Allegiant in the summer months, 2 times a week unless they are making the change permanent for the snowbirds from up here to come up and spend a few days at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and any birthdays from mid October to late April (some do shorter though depending on the weather here and there)
The only one I would even consider using might possibly be to one town in my state and that only because it is my dream to do a cross country train trip one day. While I could use 3 different towns to catch the train I would use that one because I actually know someone who lives there that I would trust to pick me and anyone traveling with me up at the airport, get us to a hotel if we needed to spend the night depending on the flight and train schedules and then make sure we got to the train depot. Though depending on the time of year since it is less than a 4 hour drive as long as there is not risk of roads being closed down for snow and ice I might just drive it and leave my vehicle either at this person's place or give them an extra key and have them go pick up my vehicle at the train depot and return it the day we are due in. Why pay for parking when you have someone you trust who can take your vehicle to their place and park it there.

I know they always say purchase your tickets like around eight weeks out?

“They” don’t really, though. I tend to do that, because I’m a fun combo of brave and flaky lol. But no one I know in person does that.

I've gotten plane tickets ~310 days out, and tracked them, and they never got lower than what I purchased. I've gotten plane tickets to Europe for 1/2 what they were normally going for during an unpublished 2 day sale.

Yep. It’s all a gamble.

Prices 99% of the time only every go up

Well I’ll say that I haven’t seen anywhesar best that high a percentage of fares going up up up, but maybe it’s Seattle vs your area or just luck etc.

Ya, we won't fly anything but non stop.

Makes it difficult for some routes. And hamstrings you for singing a variety of fares. Plus, you can earn more miles with a longer trip with stops.

Yeah. I know the type
In my family, I'd be leaving DH on his own and taking the way flight out of home. Let DH deal with the hassle of Atlanta. And DH knows it. So he goes along realizing I am equally as stubborn. Probably more! Lol

Same.
But now I’m divorced, so I’m not sure if that part of our relationship was normal lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter