Flight of Passage or Rise of The Resistance? Which is better?

TK94840

Earning My Ears
Very excited to go on this new attraction next week, but for the ones that have been on "The Rise of The Resistance", is it better than FOP? Any input or details between of two is great! Thanks! :)

Very excited to go on this new attraction next week, but for the ones that have been on "The Rise of The Resistance", is it better than FOP? Any input or details between of two is great! Thanks! :)

I’d like to piggyback off this if you don’t mind and ask how frightening it might be for a kindergartner.

For me, 100% Rise of the Resistance. Not that I've ridden it yet but FoP is a bit much for me movement wise and I'm generally not a fan of the 3D glasses.

I don't know how deep you would want to go, spoiler-wise.
We do have a thread with ride reviews that have spoilers.
For FoP comparison, there isn't one. RotR is a completely new way of doing things. It's not a ride or an attraction, it's truly an experience. It'slike you going through a mini-movie, beginning to end. FoP is purely screen based. RotR has 4 different ride mechanisms
As for how scary. again not sure how deep into spoilers you want to go. Has he been on Spiderman over at Universal?

I don't know how deep you would want to go, spoiler-wise.
We do have a thread with ride reviews that have spoilers.
For FoP comparison, there isn't one. RotR is a completely new way of doing things. It's not a ride or an attraction, it's truly an experience. It'slike you going through a mini-movie, beginning to end. FoP is purely screen based. RotR has 4 different ride mechanisms
As for how scary. again not sure how deep into spoilers you want to go. Has he been on Spiderman over at Universal?
Yes but it’s been a while, I know my then 3 year old rode it and wasn’t afraid.

Haven't been on RoTR yet, but been on FoP many times. From many videos, RoTR looks much better. Can't wait to ride it.

RotR is the best "experience" ride ever! Glad to see Disney going away from simulator rides. For me, FOP is just another simulator that makes me sick.

I’d like to piggyback off this if you don’t mind and ask how frightening it might be for a kindergartner.
I haven't done Flight, but the motion simulator part of Rise is relatively gentle, so I imagine the mighty Ikron uses similar tech. It's certainly more gentle than Star Tours.

If the kindergartner likes Kylo Ren they probably won't be scared of the actual subject matter. There IS a drop that startled my 24 yo self.

They are very different, but for my family, it would be FOP. ROTR is great but we are not big Star Wars fans so I am sure that affects our thinking. However, the Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure at Universal beats them both hands down in my family. We all agreed that it is the best ride we have ever been on.

My son and I rode ROTR today. We both agreed FOP is miles better. But we aren’t Star Wars fans... although, we didn’t like Avatar either and FOP is one of our faves. 😆

For me, it's not even a close call. RotR is a far better ride experience. But for me, FoP is overrated. FoP is a simulator (yes, a very good one), but simulators don't get me excited. RotR uses screens, but does not rely fully on them. The sets are what allow me to feel fully immersed in the experience.

I know that I am in the minority, but in some ways I like FOP better. As much as RotR is very impressive, I didn't like the different stations and would have preferred to experience everything on the ride vehicle. I really liked the trackless ride system.

I've ridden both. FOP is a great ride and worth doing a rope drop, but I would not be willing to wait the sometime five hour wait it's had some days in standby. I wouldn't wait the same with RotR please note, frankly no ride is worth losing half your day in the park(s), but I still absolutely adored RoTR. FOP pre-ride is OK and interesting, but the pre-ride for RotR (without spoiling) is sooooo immersive. Just loved every bit of it, both pre-ride and ride. I loved FoP and would love to do it again if I could ever score a FastPass lol, but I would ride RotR multiple times in a day if I could. It's just that good.

Again hope nothing I said came off spoiler. Feel free to delete mods if needed.

Both excellent rides. U can get lost in FOP and feel like ur really flying and its breathe taking. ROR has a story to tell and the dynamics are just amazing. ROR is one of those rides where u dont have to like star wars to enjoy the ride but I think it could be so much better if u do like star wars and can get lost in the story or at very least be a sci-fi fan. Where as FOP doesn't matter either way, u dont need to have seen the movie or even know what the movie is about to still get lost in it, u could even hate the movie and still love FOP. Again, I'm not saying u have to like star wars to like ROR, I just think for those that are true star wars fans, it makes a great ride extraordinary. My personal opinion is FOP is still better though.

RotR is my 2nd favorite ride in all of Orlando (just behind Hagrids). FoP is top 5 as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter