Flight of Passage- NEW glasses

sjb95u

sjb95u
Hi all, in case no one has reported this yet...FOP has new glasses as of last week. The CM saw me trying to attach glasses straps last week and told me they had just gotten the new glasses and they should fit my DD (she's 8). Sure enough, they were tight and DD had no issue with them at all.

Enjoy!

Hi all, in case no one has reported this yet...FOP has new glasses as of last week. The CM saw me trying to attach glasses straps last week and told me they had just gotten the new glasses and they should fit my DD (she's 8). Sure enough, they were tight and DD had no issue with them at all.

Enjoy!

Thank you for reporting this. I was going to buy the glass streps pretty soon. Glad I don’t have to.

This is good news. Last year my DS glasses fell off and of course, I had to give him mine. I missed almost everything....

The pair I had last September wouldn't stay on, but in December, the pair was fine. Glad to see they are getting new ones.

Great news!! FoP is by far my favorite attraction at WDW with the only negative being having to constantly adjust to keep the glasses from falling off. Can't wait to try the new ones!!

We were there on March 8th in the first group on FOP and was told by two separate CM's that we were the first group to try the new glasses. Not quite Man on the Moon 1969 but close to it! :rolleyes1 I didn't feel they felt much different than the old ones but they did stay on easier.

We were there on March 8th in the first group on FOP and was told by two separate CM's that we were the first group to try the new glasses. Not quite Man on the Moon 1969 but close to it! :rolleyes1 I didn't feel they felt much different than the old ones but they did stay on easier.
Well darn. They must not have them out for all yet because we sure did not have new glasses on the 12th

Thank goodness, I might be able to skip my wonderful fashion statement of wearing an 80s type head band to hold them on. I'm not a huge fan of FOP (gasp I know) and having to fight with the glasses just made it worse for me.

Well darn. They must not have them out for all yet because we sure did not have new glasses on the 12th

That's nuts, it was the 12th when we were there. First FP of the day, 8am. The CM saw me and was like "Wait, wait! We've got brand new glasses and these should stay on your DD just fine." And I said, "Are you sure? I know someone who was here 2 days ago and they fell off of her child." To which the CM replied, "I promise you, we've had them a while but they've just let us put them out just now."

So, sorry you missed them! Maybe they hadn't opened them in all the bays just yet that day.

What are the new glasses like compared to the old ones? I was at AK on 3/18 and the glasses didn't want to stay on my face

I never experienced the old ones but the "new" ones we were given did not have straight arms but rather they came in at a 45 degree angle to hug the side of the head at the temple. Does that make sense?

I never experienced the old ones but the "new" ones we were given did not have straight arms but rather they came in at a 45 degree angle to hug the side of the head at the temple. Does that make sense?
Kind of. It sounds like we may have still had the old ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter