Flight of Passage Fast Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to be an hour change. AK was opening at 9:00 for all dates pretty much the next 60 days, with EMH at 8:00. If you see FP for the first hour now, it's due to a schedule change.
About 10 minutes after I posted, I got the schedule change email from TP. So yup, earlier opening now. Time to re-evaluate all our plans, five days out...

About 10 minutes after I posted, I got the schedule change email from TP. So yup, earlier opening now. Time to re-evaluate all our plans, five days out...
Me too, are you going on Monday? It's completely thrown me and my carefully made plans!

Me too, are you going on Monday? It's completely thrown me and my carefully made plans!
Yup. It was nice to get the FOP FP earlier than what we had, but...I don't want to get there before 7 to do Navi. We do have all our FP scheduled before noon now, so maybe we'll zoom through those, eat lunch, and head back for a pool afternoon, since the weather looks warm next week? Will have to decide if we want to go back for ROL that night or shuffle things around and do it another night.

Yup. It was nice to get the FOP FP earlier than what we had, but...I don't want to get there before 7 to do Navi. We do have all our FP scheduled before noon now, so maybe we'll zoom through those, eat lunch, and head back for a pool afternoon, since the weather looks warm next week? Will have to decide if we want to go back for ROL that night or shuffle things around and do it another night.
It does make for an early start! I was planning to leave around lunch anyway as we are doing ROL a different night, but I think we'll definitely need a break if we're starting at 7. Weather is looking good from what I've seen

It does make for an early start! I was planning to leave around lunch anyway as we are doing ROL a different night, but I think we'll definitely need a break if we're starting at 7. Weather is looking good from what I've seen
The long range is showing that day as the biggest chance of rain (it keeps hopping around, but I've seen it as high as 90%). Reminding myself that it's still too far away to be certain, and maybe it will be the good kind of rain--a short shower that keeps the crowds away!

Increasingly glad we have hoppers so we can juggle around as needed. Not excited about juggling FPs on the fly, but almost all of ours are booked for mornings so at least we can easily bounce to wherever crowds are lowest later in the day.

The long range is showing that day as the biggest chance of rain (it keeps hopping around, but I've seen it as high as 90%). Reminding myself that it's still too far away to be certain, and maybe it will be the good kind of rain--a short shower that keeps the crowds away!

Increasingly glad we have hoppers so we can juggle around as needed. Not excited about juggling FPs on the fly, but almost all of ours are booked for mornings so at least we can easily bounce to wherever crowds are lowest later in the day.
Yes something short to keep crowds down sounds good! Or an afternoon storm is fine for me as we're planning to have left the park by then!

I was told they do not issue FPs for the EMH hour.
What they mean is that now that the park is opening earlier, 7am EMH instead of 8am EMH, the 8am-9am hour is no longer an EMH and FP were then released for the 8am-9am time slot. That happened for us too. We are going Presidents Day weekend next week. AK was supposed to open EMH at 8am. I didn’t have a fast pass for FOP. But I watched daily and about a month out, hours were extended both earlier and later on Feb 17th so I scored an 8:05 FOP FP now that EMH are starting at 7am instead of 8am.

What they mean is that now that the park is opening earlier, 7am EMH instead of 8am EMH, the 8am-9am hour is no longer an EMH and FP were then released for the 8am-9am time slot. That happened for us too. We are going Presidents Day weekend next week. AK was supposed to open EMH at 8am. I didn’t have a fast pass for FOP. But I watched daily and about a month out, hours were extended both earlier and later on Feb 17th so I scored an 8:05 FOP FP now that EMH are starting at 7am instead of 8am.
Like you our AK day EMH moved from 9am to 8am. I tried immediately to get a FP for FOP, but was told they are not available during EMH.

If we are talking about getting same day FP, I've gotten them for every day of our trips, that I wanted to look for them. It does take a lot of refreshing but I have mastered being able to do it and walk (so in other words, eyes free) and we are only looking for 2. We've often hopped to AK just to ride FoP because I've scored a 4th, same day FP. We usually ride 4, 5 times a trip and have only done stand by line twice, once during EMH and the first time so I could see the queue
I was just wondering how you refresh the page? There is no refresh button.

Just click back and forth between times or times of day. When you “modify” you then select a different time or even just “morning” or “afternoon” and the system then refreshes what is available. Keep doing it, back and forth between times like “9:00am” and “9:30am”. Correct, there isn’t an actual refresh button.

If we are talking about getting same day FP, I've gotten them for every day of our trips, that I wanted to look for them. It does take a lot of refreshing but I have mastered being able to do it and walk (so in other words, eyes free) and we are only looking for 2. We've often hopped to AK just to ride FoP because I've scored a 4th, same day FP. We usually ride 4, 5 times a trip and have only done stand by line twice, once during EMH and the first time so I could see the queue
We had a very similar experience to AngiTN's on our last trip, except that I never had to do standby but was able to get FP+s using the refresh trick. It works wonders. And we were there during a very busy week. One of the FP+s I scored like 2 hours before the scheduled time was when the standby line was 5 hours long. Yes, 5 hours. At least that was the posted wait time, and the line was loooooong.

I use the website, you just reload the page. I rarely use the app, it's too buggy
Just click back and forth between times or times of day. When you “modify” you then select a different time or even just “morning” or “afternoon” and the system then refreshes what is available. Keep doing it, back and forth between times like “9:00am” and “9:30am”. Correct, there isn’t an actual refresh button.
This too

As others have said, check back often! We recently scored 4 same day of FPs and they do show up from time to time in MDE. Don't give up!

We had a very similar experience to AngiTN's on our last trip, except that I never had to do standby but was able to get FP+s using the refresh trick. It works wonders. And we were there during a very busy week. One of the FP+s I scored like 2 hours before the scheduled time was when the standby line was 5 hours long. Yes, 5 hours. At least that was the posted wait time, and the line was loooooong.
Believe it or not we wanted to do stand by, to see the queue. First time we did it at rope drop, to experience what it was like to stand in that long line. This was opening week and they hadn't started the trick of skipping part of the queue to get the folks through faster right at first. We were in line about 90 min but it didn't feel like it. As much as I love FoP I'm not sure I can do the 5 hour thing. We don't have a FP for it (yet) for next month. If I can't get one we are doing the getting there very early for rope drop and heading right over to Pandora.
Then I did it with a bunch of Dis'ers there for the 20th anniversary stuff. We all met up at AK one night and did Pandora at night, including riding FoP all together (we filled a room). We were the first in line for EMH. At that time they cut the line off for a while to let the stand by die down a bit and then reopened it during EMH. I wish they'd go back to PM EMH again. It was great

OP: Listen to AngiTN. She knows everything! :worship:
LOL. Thank you, though I can assure you, there's more I don't know than I do :)

For those sorely disappointed about not getting FoP at their 7 a.m. sharp, 60-day mark, do not give up. Just periodically check. As of last night, my family and I (6 people, mind you) are just another recent example of even getting the time we wanted at our 55-day mark. I wanted to put this in the "Doing the Happy Dance" thread, but thought it more appropriate here for those searching this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter