Flight of Passage Fast Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
Was unable to get any fast passes at the 60 day mark at 8am.

So does that mean they wont release any others for that day in the future?

Hard to see how any one can get a fast pass for this ride??

Any suggestions....

Thanks

Chris

Hard to get at the 60 day mark. Easier to get from 60+4 on, although you might be able to find some earlier with limited times available. Would suggest just checking back periodically.

People have reported better success if you can schedule your FP at beyond 60 days of your trip, like 60 days +3 or 4. Does AK have to be the first day of your trip?

60+3 has worked several times for me.

On one trip, I was able to get FOP for 4pm on day 2 of my 3 day trip - unfortunately, we are flying out at 6pm & we need to be back at Yacht for 3pm. I set a timer on my phone - at least once a day & every time I would remember, I would check for earlier availability - BUT, they were all gone, so it felt like a hopeless cause. Until recently, when a 9:45am popped up! I might have screamed. lol.
The point is, ANYTHING can happen! Just keep trying.

Just keep checking a few times daily. We were able to get 2, for different days, of course, around the 40 day mark....don't remember exactly but didn't even book our trip until about 55 days out. By persistent checking I was able to get fop twice, mine train twice and frozen once. we ended up riding fop 4 times, 2 rope drops and 2 fast passes.

They don't routinely hold FP back for any ride.
They do however, occasionally release additional FP as they re-evauluate the FP/Stand by ratios.
And of course, people drop/change trips all the time

60+4 we got afternoon. Then they released more about 30 days prior because they extended park hours and we got a morning slot. Keep trying.

Have to start with your last day at the parks and work backward. Between my sister and I we actually got 13 passes within the same time window on 60+5 and 60+4. We booked fop first within the first 2 minutes of getting on line....then we went back to fill our other days. This was for the Monday of Thanksgiving week - so a very busy time. I have read that people keep looking and do sometimes find them. Good Luck!! (Note - we booked the afternoon too. We didn't even try for the morning. After finishing my bookings - I went back to see the availability and there was none. They go super fast!)

Keep trying. I couldn't get it right away either but I checked everyday at different times throughout the day and I got one for us after a couple of weeks.

Thanks everyone, great suggestions. (Didn't know about the 7am booking time) Funny, I would find it difficult to schedule my entire trip around 1 ride. I make a schedule of which park on which days is best for us, plus which days we take a break. I will try again, I do remember in recent trips that a few days and times opened up.

(We're lucky we just happened to be at AK when they scheduled dvc trying the attraction, and we did have a chance to ride the ride like 4 times in a row! I remember telling everyone, enjoy this cause we probably wont be able to schedule this ride for a while.)

Thanks again.

Chris

Haven't seen any being dropped by Disney the day of like I did during our trip in December, but I was able to (with about 30 minutes of refreshing ... bleh) get 3 FPs from people that must have cancelled the day of. I know that's not giving you much hope for getting on there with a FP, but I was ready to do a rider swap with my wife and stand in line for 3 hours, so it was just a nice surprise that I didn't have to do that.

That being said, you have to be willing to take what you're given. The FPs were like 11:30am and then 2 in the 6pm hour. We left AK and came back just because of those FPs.

Was unable to get any fast passes at the 60 day mark at 8am.

So does that mean they wont release any others for that day in the future?

Hard to see how any one can get a fast pass for this ride??

Any suggestions....

Thanks

Chris

I *just* scored 2 FPs for THREE DAYS from today with just “refreshing” on the Modify page for about 5-6 minutes! When you have any spare minutes - standing in line, etc. - just try constantly choosing different times and you may luck out like me!

If we are talking about getting same day FP, I've gotten them for every day of our trips, that I wanted to look for them. It does take a lot of refreshing but I have mastered being able to do it and walk (so in other words, eyes free) and we are only looking for 2. We've often hopped to AK just to ride FoP because I've scored a 4th, same day FP. We usually ride 4, 5 times a trip and have only done stand by line twice, once during EMH and the first time so I could see the queue

We booked our FP just outside of 30 days, and there was no FOP. But occasional checking scored us some about 2-3 weeks out (for a group of 5, too). And then today I was able to modify it from evening to morning, although I think maybe that's because they released more? There were several pre9 am FPs available when I checked for FOP and Navi, which had also been booked before. I can't recall what the park hours were before, I'm wondering if they moved opening earlier--it's an EMH day at 7 and open to the public at 8 now, which I don't think was the case before.

I'm having some regrets now because I'm pretty sure we won't make it there before 7. Not sure I want to deal with changing all our FP to swap our AK and MK days. Maybe we'll show up at 8 for our morning FP and then park hop for the rest of the day if it's crowded.

We booked our FP just outside of 30 days, and there was no FOP. But occasional checking scored us some about 2-3 weeks out (for a group of 5, too). And then today I was able to modify it from evening to morning, although I think maybe that's because they released more? There were several pre9 am FPs available when I checked for FOP and Navi, which had also been booked before. I can't recall what the park hours were before, I'm wondering if they moved opening earlier--it's an EMH day at 7 and open to the public at 8 now, which I don't think was the case before.

I'm having some regrets now because I'm pretty sure we won't make it there before 7. Not sure I want to deal with changing all our FP to swap our AK and MK days. Maybe we'll show up at 8 for our morning FP and then park hop for the rest of the day if it's crowded.
Had to be an hour change. AK was opening at 9:00 for all dates pretty much the next 60 days, with EMH at 8:00. If you see FP for the first hour now, it's due to a schedule change.

Just curious what date(s) you are referring to? I’ve been watching early March like a hawk to see if hours are extended!

Had to be an hour change. AK was opening at 9:00 for all dates pretty much the next 60 days, with EMH at 8:00. If you see FP for the first hour now, it's due to a schedule change.
I was told they do not issue FPs for the EMH hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter