Flight craziness August 2018

Emmafleur

Mouseketeer
We're going to WDW August 6th 2018 for 14 nights (5 adults) staying at OKW. We've booked straight through Disney for accommodation and now just looking at flights. Any idea on a rough figure that would be a reasonable/ good price? We want to fly direct from either Manchester or London. My daughter has found flights with BA but the best price they could give is for us to fly from Manchester - Gatwick then connect from Heathrow - Orlando. We would save over £100 doing it that way rather than flying direct from London - Orlando. I'm trying to get my head round how that could be cheaper. That price is £721. Is this a good price or can I expect to find it cheaper?
TIA

Presume that's Economy? Don't forget to add in costs to get from Gatwick to Heathrow - and if Manchester isn't your home area costs to Manchester. Personally I don't find £100 enough of a saving for that extra time travelling (particularly on return). I think you should be able to do better than that even for August.

Presume that's Economy? Don't forget to add in costs to get from Gatwick to Heathrow - and if Manchester isn't your home area costs to Manchester. Personally I don't find £100 enough of a saving for that extra time travelling (particularly on return). I think you should be able to do better than that even for August.

It's a lot of fuss. We've emailed BA to see if we bought the ticket could we just cut out the Manchester flight and go straight to Heathrow. Any advice on best places to get cheaper flights? Virgin are over £900 at the moment (yes, we're going economy) and Disney have quoted us similar

Just keep checking, checking - others report finding different prices at different times of day. This trip we booked a package (to be assured of dates with DGC half term) 18 months out with Virgin and feel we got a great deal but we usual book separately. There was a recent thread on prices if you look back it might have some tips.

Just re-read your post - do you mean Manchester Heathrow- no longer do Manchester Gatwick unless they plan to introduce again in 2018?

Others have mentioned Norwegian from London?
I'll look for them too thanks. Not getting anything direct for under £800 at the moment. I thought booking at the 11 months out mark would be better but doesn't seem to be the case.

Had a look and Norwegian don't fly the day our holiday starts Just hoping that BA come back and say that we don't need to take the first flight and can go straight to Gatwick. We live right in the middle of Manchester and London so not fussed which airport we go to but obviously going to London would be easier and quicker as no connecting flight and trek across London.

I would keep checking the prices of BA and VA. we always fly direct with one or other and have always found that the prices go down after the 11 month date and vary from time to time.
I agree - from £450 has been quoted on the boards - it's just having the confidence to hold out.

Thanks everyone. Is there a sweet moment in time when it's probably going to be the best price or do the best prices pop up at random times? We were thinking that 11 months out would be the perfect, cheapest flights but it sounds like it might not be? Just wondering how long I could dare to wait especially as we need flights in August.

Hi

We fly America from Manchester via Philadelphia (8 times now) and if you pick the right flights with the right connection it easy they are currently doing a return for your dates at around £733 per adult which is around the price i paid for our upcoming trip in 3 weeks so I would say not bad. I've never travelled there in summer so only my opinion

I always book and never look again so not to be cheesed off

Regards

Paul

Last edited:
My son has a friend who works for BA. He can get us flights directly there and back to MCO from Gatwick for £783 each. I'm just wondering whether to do that. It seemed like a lot at the time but sky scanner is coming at £918 for the same flights.

If you can get a cheaper flight with Norwegian, have you thought about altering your holiday dates slightly? A couple of years ago we had to move our stay back 4 days, and Disney changed our dates with no penalties. We also kept the free dining etc.

Had a look and Norwegian are a good price. Unfortunately some of the people going have already booked holiday from work and can't shift it now or that would have been a good shout. Thanks anyway

I find flight prices to be unpredictable. Unless you can see into the future it's very difficult to predict.

I always have a price in mind that I am happy to pay and then go for it. If it's cheaper a week later it is what it is. Just be happy with the price you have in mind

I got back from wdw on Sunday. Flew with Ba from Newcastle into Heathrow then had to transfer to Gatwick to fly to mco. You can catch the national express it's £25pp and was very easy to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter