Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I have the flex pass and am traveling to the parks in two weeks. I want to add the yearly Maxpass to my AP. Is there a way to do this online now or do I need to wait until I'm at the park. I couldn't find an option to add to an already existing pass online.

When I did this a couple years ago, you couldn't add online to an existing AP but you could call the AP phone line and add it over the phone thus avoiding a visit to the ticket booths. That was for a signature AP. I don't if the process for a Flex would be any different.

This is the first time I’ve seen so many days unavailable too...been watching closely since we got our Flex passes this summer. We are finally able to make our first trip, Oct. 19-20...so glad I booked it right away at the 30 day mark now that I’m seeing this! Is October normally super busy? First time we’ve been in the fall for Halloween time. Super excited!

Just to verify, have most had success changing expiration date to first day in park, not date of purchase?

This is the first time I’ve seen so many days unavailable too...been watching closely since we got our Flex passes this summer. We are finally able to make our first trip, Oct. 19-20...so glad I booked it right away at the 30 day mark now that I’m seeing this! Is October normally super busy? First time we’ve been in the fall for Halloween time. Super excited!

Just to verify, have most had success changing expiration date to first day in park, not date of purchase?
Do you know what time of day the dates opened up for reservation? I.e., Midnight or 7:00 am pacific time?

This is the first time I’ve seen so many days unavailable too...been watching closely since we got our Flex passes this summer. We are finally able to make our first trip, Oct. 19-20...so glad I booked it right away at the 30 day mark now that I’m seeing this! Is October normally super busy?

Yes, Halloweentime (especially October) has become quite busy.

Will be interesting to see how the rest of October goes for Flex as well how much the days currently unavailable fluctuate.

Today has been unable to reserve for DCA but open for DLR all day. Now tomorrow is blocked for DCA too. And all three Saturdays in the beginning of October are blocked for DLR reservations but open to reserve for DCA. I think many more people have bought the FP or maybe October and September are just popular or DL is manipulating the number of available reservations based on other crowd data.

Now showing Saturday 10/19 unavailable for Disneyland. Have we ever shown so many days as unavailable???
More people are buying this pass all the time (especially as AP holders hit their expiration date and renew), and October is usually slammed. Saturdays in particular.

I am curious if they released less reservations for the 19th... that‘s always such a busy time that maybe they’re being ultra conservative about how many Flex APs they’re willing to add to that mix.

I think its mostly Disney fixing the numbers. There have been a couple of times when they blocked off Disneyland in the morning only to be opened up later that day when people didn't go to the parks.

I think its mostly Disney fixing the numbers. There have been a couple of times when they blocked off Disneyland in the morning only to be opened up later that day when people didn't go to the parks.
Well they are here now. We are at Hungry Bear waiting for our fast pass time and hopping to DCA after. I will be shocked if it isn’t busy.

You are not kidding. Just had to wade through the parade crowds to get back to Fantasmic. Traffic control is not on par with WDW. They desperately need more CMs. Hungry Bear viewing is very full. Still having a great time though. The weather is fabulous!
They’ve significantly cut staffing in response to the nonexistent “crowds.” Hopefully they’ll bump back up if people start showing up.

Questions on FlexPass upgrade. I purchased 5-day tickets with Maxpass for my family. We intend to upgrade to FlexPass on the last day of our trip. 1) If we upgrade to FlexPass with MaxPass, will the entire value of our 5-day tickets be applied; and 2) If we upgrade to FlexPass without MaxPass, will the entire value of our 5-day tickets be applied, or only that portion not attributable to the MaxPass already purchased?

They’ve significantly cut staffing in response to the nonexistent “crowds.” Hopefully they’ll bump back up if people start showing up.
You would think they would staff better on weekends since the last few Saturdays have shown to be busy. Now with Halloween here, and entertainment only on the weekends, it pushes more people to come on weekends.

Public service announcement: Guest Services...

If ticket booth lines are long, Guest Services Office by the restrooms at the Front Gate may be a quicker option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!