Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I thought I had the option to upgrade in the app but will need to check I guess. We will be arriving Oct. 31, so I do have concerns about the availability of reservations for Nov. 2 and 3 (Dapper Days) especially if I can't upgrade earlier in the app. We are staying at the Grand California Hotel so no worries about losing the Magic Morning included. I have already purchased MaxPass for the 5 days and am assuming I will be credited that amount towards a FlexPass with MaxPass? I'm also wanting to use the AP discount for meals I have booked already including Goofy's Kitchen the day we arrive.

I would check the App and see if it lets you and figure out your plan from there. We weren't worried about the discounts or anything for my husband's because I would have an AP too so we gambled on not being able to update in the app in advance and having to just use his tickets each day and then upgrading on our last day, and so far the option to upgrade has not appeared for us. We have been able to apply the MaxPass purchase price to our upgrades in the past when upgrading to an AP with MaxPass.

I have already purchased MaxPass for the 5 days and am assuming I will be credited that amount towards a FlexPass with MaxPass?
I’m afraid this might not be a correct assumption for all situations. I had read before in “tickets and passes” thread that you might not get credit for MaxPass add-on that you paid for prior to “upgrading” to an AP. However, if it was a direct purchase with MaxPass added by Disney at time of purchase, then credit is given.

I’m afraid this might not be a correct assumption for all situations. I had read before in “tickets and passes” thread that you might not get credit for MaxPass add-on that you paid for prior to “upgrading” to an AP. However, if it was a direct purchase with MaxPass added by Disney at time of purchase, then credit is given.
And others have said upgrading a ticket from UCT with MaxPass already added to ticket also applied the gate price of the ticket plus MP to their AP upgrade. Not so if you buy MP day by day, per OPs.

We just bought the Disneyland Annual Flex Pass. We showed our DVC Card (blue) and it was $20 savings per pass, we bought 2 so $579 each vs $599. So those that are DVC and thinking of getting it, remember to show them your card for the savings.

Q - How is everyone that has a Flex pass liking it? Are there any upcoming days or calendars out there that will suggest that days will get sold out?

Q - How is everyone that has a Flex pass liking it? Are there any upcoming days or calendars out there that will suggest that days will get sold out?
Just got mine (downgraded from Signature). I was able to get the reservation that I wanted for 2 weeks out.

According to posts in the other thread, there have been full dates, but sometimes that changes as people cancel their reservations. It seems like day of reservations get full around midday - at least for the days I've checked.

We just bought the Disneyland Annual Flex Pass. We showed our DVC Card (blue) and it was $20 savings per pass, we bought 2 so $579 each vs $599. So those that are DVC and thinking of getting it, remember to show them your card for the savings.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a "DVC Card"? Can it be used on other passports? Never mind I found my brain again lol Disney Vacation Card

Last edited:

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a "DVC Card"? Can it be used on other passports? Never mind I found my brain again lol Disney Vacation Card

Not sure if SoCal Annual Pass gets the $20 discount with the Disney Vacation Card folks, but when I looked on the website, I thought only the more expensive choices than the Flex were going to get $20 off, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Throughout the day today, 10/12 (Saturday) has been blocked from reservations for DLR (still open to book for DCA). 10/5 (previous Saturday that was showing blocked for reservations for DLR last week for a little while) is now available to reserve for both parks again. Fluid.

Throughout the day today, 10/12 (Saturday) has been blocked from reservations for DLR (still open to book for DCA). 10/5 (previous Saturday that was showing blocked for reservations for DLR last week for a little while) is now available to reserve for both parks again. Fluid.

I saw this today as well, what I'd give to be a fly on the wall at Disney ops to see the reservation numbers and inventory in real time!

I'm using 10/12 as a proxy for our visit on 10/25-10/28. If we fail to get 10/25 and 10/26 right as the 30 day window opens, we'll structure our trip and turn 10/26 as a DCA-day.

Added complication: I'm a DLX pass holder with passes expiring 11/18, I'm likely going to buy 3-day PH tickets for 10/25-10/27 and upgrade to FLEX. Unfortunately, DLX is blacked out on 10/26.

Anyone know if holding a FLEX pass AND a DLX pass at the same time is allowed? I wouldn't see why not, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I reserved 10/12 at the 30 day window and then 10/13 at the 30 day window since the 14th is good to go but I wonder if Disney didn't take in to consideration that the 14th is a Holiday for some of us. We wouldn't have done the 12th if the 14th wasn't good to go but since it was we decided we wanted to go into CA that night since its actually open til 10 PM.

I saw this today as well, what I'd give to be a fly on the wall at Disney ops to see the reservation numbers and inventory in real time!

I'm using 10/12 as a proxy for our visit on 10/25-10/28. If we fail to get 10/25 and 10/26 right as the 30 day window opens, we'll structure our trip and turn 10/26 as a DCA-day.

Added complication: I'm a DLX pass holder with passes expiring 11/18, I'm likely going to buy 3-day PH tickets for 10/25-10/27 and upgrade to FLEX. Unfortunately, DLX is blacked out on 10/26.

Anyone know if holding a FLEX pass AND a DLX pass at the same time is allowed? I wouldn't see why not, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I tried upgrading my wife's one day park hopper when we went during our reservation for SWGE to the FLEX and was told she couldn't have two annual passes at the same time. Shes a Deluxe and I hate it. feels like I wasted those $150

I tried upgrading my wife's one day park hopper when we went during our reservation for SWGE to the FLEX and was told she couldn't have two annual passes at the same time. Shes a Deluxe and I hate it. feels like I wasted those $150

hmm uh oh, single day tickets it is!

Actually this is confusing to me. I'm reading on DL's on website that single day and multi-day tickets can be upgraded to AP's within the app itself. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/ticket-upgrades/

What prevents me from registering a whole new account, buying a 1 day/3 day ticket, and upgrading within the app? I see no restriction in the AP T&C's: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/annual-passport-terms-conditions/

If no one has done this, I'm going to attempt to do this in October and report back here. Worst case, I'm out $150 and will renew to FLEX starting 11/2019; best case, the $150 is applied toward FLEX and my new pass year starts 10/26/2019.

All I know is that they check your ID when you pick up your pass, for my daughter they just asked for her birthday. I think that would mean that you are in their system and they would know. (I’m assuming you are an adult who would be asked for ID)

Actually this is confusing to me. I'm reading on DL's on website that single day and multi-day tickets can be upgraded to AP's within the app itself. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/ticket-upgrades/

What prevents me from registering a whole new account, buying a 1 day/3 day ticket, and upgrading within the app? I see no restriction in the AP T&C's: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/annual-passport-terms-conditions/

If no one has done this, I'm going to attempt to do this in October and report back here. Worst case, I'm out $150 and will renew to FLEX starting 11/2019; best case, the $150 is applied toward FLEX and my new pass year starts 10/26/2019.

On my app it just appeared with the "the price of your ticket may be applied to upgrade to annual pass." and something about going to the ticket booth to upgrade.

But now that I'm remembering my underage son was able to have two annual passes at a time. Like posted they just asked for his birthday. When wife got asked for ID is when we hit the snag

Good luck. Let us know what happens!

On my app it just appeared with the "the price of your ticket may be applied to upgrade to annual pass." and something about going to the ticket booth to upgrade.

But now that I'm remembering my underage son was able to have two annual passes at a time. Like posted they just asked for his birthday. When wife got asked for ID is when we hit the snag

Good luck. Let us know what happens!

Will do... I'm thinking though, when I buy a pass on my phone, I get a paper ticket handed to me at the turnstyles. At the bottom, it reads that I need to go to the ticket booth to pick up my actual plastic pass. I think we're given several months to do that (we bought a pass for my daughter in August and it said go to a booth by November).

I could just theoretically buy into the Flex pass electronically, and when I go to a booth sometime in late November and show ID, my DLX pass will have expired by then.

Anyhoo, I'm kind of excited about trying now, hahah.

I have the flex pass and am traveling to the parks in two weeks. I want to add the yearly Maxpass to my AP. Is there a way to do this online now or do I need to wait until I'm at the park. I couldn't find an option to add to an already existing pass online.

I just checked Flex pass availability (6:15am Disneyland time, Saturday Sept 21) and Disneyland is available for today, but California Adventure isn't. I can't recall this happening before (where CA fills before Disneyland), but I haven't been following this thread very closely for the past month, so perhaps this has happened before.

The first two Saturdays in October are currently blocked for Disneyland, but not CA, so three days total show blockouts at the moment.

I just checked Flex pass availability (6:15am Disneyland time, Saturday Sept 21) and Disneyland is available for today, but California Adventure isn't. I can't recall this happening before (where CA fills before Disneyland), but I haven't been following this thread very closely for the past month, so perhaps this has happened before.

The first two Saturdays in October are currently blocked for Disneyland, but not CA, so three days total show blockouts at the moment.
I don't recall that either. I see 10/5 is closed for Disneyland too. Does anyone know if we can transfer a reserved day to another flex pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter