Fleetwood Mac-"what we have now is better than what we ever had before."

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
In this band, we are all equal. But, Lindsey is more equal.

Stevie Nicks

Over the many years, seems they all have had contentious relationships within the band. Maybe easier to try and overlook at younger ages, less so as the band ages. Along the way, so many wonderful classic hits. A true super group.

Which one is she? :rotfl:
I will say this about Christine-she may well be the best-looking 75 year old I have ever seen-she has aged very well.
fleetwood-mac-2018-randee-st-nicholas-billboard-1548.jpg

Over the many years, seems they all have had contentious relationships within the band. Maybe easier to try and overlook at younger ages, less so as the band ages. Along the way, so many wonderful classic hits. A true super group.
Their best album was Rumours. Recorded when everyone in the band was splitting up. Christine would do well to remember that unrest within the Band is what produced their best stuff.

Over the many years, seems they all have had contentious relationships within the band. Maybe easier to try and overlook at younger ages, less so as the band ages.
Yes,evidently Stephanie said either she or Lindsey had to go bye-bye.

One of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs is Sentimental Lady, but it's hard to find. I don't like the version where Bob Welch left and recorded it solo, I like the older version that Fleetwood Mac recorded when Bob Welch was still with them. Anyone else? It's rare to hear, but thankfully I have it on my play list.

Their best album was Rumours. Recorded when everyone in the band was splitting up. Christine would do well to remember that unrest within the Band is what produced their best stuff.

She praised Lindsey and said she had no problem with him. And the reality is something had to give.
And though Rumours happened during a time of upheaval, it doesn't follow that the upheaval caused the greatness. In fact, it probably kept them from even more.

Last edited:
One of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs is Sentimental Lady, but it's hard to find. I don't like the version where Bob Welch left and recorded it solo, I like the older version that Fleetwood Mac recorded when Bob Welch was still with them. Anyone else? It's rare to hear, but thankfully I have it on my play list.

Here's one of my favorites.

Bob Welch at his finest.

I like to use the music app we get from our cable provider when I'm cooking or doing housework quite a bit because it has a channel that will play songs like this that you don't necessarily hear much anymore. Sometimes I just enjoy that feeling of floating away into the nostalgia some of these old songs stir up.

As far as Fleetwood Mac, it's really kind of ridiculous that they can't get over themselves after all these years and let it go. Although I actually do think all the pain and upheaval was responsible for their creative peak. I think the drugs and being swept away by the success is what ultimately derailed them to continue creating at that level.

I have been a FM fan since I was 14, which was the year The Dance came out. I missed out on all the drama in real time but really came to love the music of the band, and with that, the solo careers as well. Lindsey was always my favorite of the three songwriters/singers and still is. Once they decided to replace him, I pretty much lost all interest in seeing the band live again. I've always had a few issues with the way they frame and present things as a group now that they are older and want to make money primarily and this was just the final straw. I have seen Lindsey since, and he was great, as always. Unfortunately, he had massive heart surgery not long ago and is sidelined for now. It makes me really glad I had a chance to see him again so recently. He seemed happy.

Tusk! The Emmy winning show, The Americans, about 2 Russian spies posing as Americans, used Tusk as their background music for a scene in the pilot. It so wonderfully set the tone for what the show is about with all the layers, richness & undertones. (Much better than FM's original music video of a marching band. :p )

(Warning: violence)

They may have found inner peace in the band without Lindsey but what I heard of them performing live was not very good. In their defense it was a morning street appearance on one of the early morning tv shows (Good Morning America?) but they sounded tired and someone wasn't singing exactly on pitch.:rolleyes1
I always thought Lindsey was the most talented one in the band, now it's probably Mike Campbell or Neil Finn. Still I'm glad they're still out there playing for the fans, they won't be around forever:)

They may have found inner peace in the band without Lindsey but what I heard of them performing live was not very good. In their defense it was a morning street appearance on one of the early morning tv shows (Good Morning America?) but they sounded tired and someone wasn't singing exactly on pitch.:rolleyes1
I always thought Lindsey was the most talented one in the band, now it's probably Mike Campbell or Neil Finn. Still I'm glad they're still out there playing for the fans, they won't be around forever:)

Also to be fair, last time I heard Lindsey sing, he sounded awful. Still great on guitar, though.

The CD of Bare Trees is readily available on Amazon. Also if you like this check out Future Games. IMO pre-Rumors FM was far superior to anything that came after. Used to be a big fan until Stevie and Lindsey joined. Totally lost me at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter