Flashing Lights and FoP

book_junkie

"Oh dear, what an awkward situation..."
Hi-
I looked and didn't see anything beforehand so wanted to give a heads up. If you do make it through to the link room in Flights of Passage (the banshee ride in Pandora), be aware that there are a set of bright flashing lights that will come up right before the large screen activates (as you're linked to your Avatar) and then again when you come down (when the link "disconnects).
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

It can take a while (this was my first time and we sat for a good five minutes while we "uploaded" from 34% then went directly up to 64% then to 100%), then it was dark and bright white flashes before seeing the link ropes and then Pandora. One of the things I deal with is migraines, and really bright lights is a trigger, and while I had my medicine, we went on home. I know they can also be triggers for other things, so wanted to let others know.

Thanks-

That information is in the Pandora accessibility thread stuck near the top of this board, but thanks for the additional heads up.

For people that bright lights might be a trigger, it is recommended to cover one eye so that each eye is sending different information to the brain.

That information is in the Pandora accessibility thread stuck near the top of this board, but thanks for the additional heads up.

For people that bright lights might be a trigger, it is recommended to cover one eye so that each eye is sending different information to the brain.
So sorry! I ready through it but must have missed it.

So sorry! I ready through it but must have missed it.
not a problem.
The information is kind of scattered thru the thread as it came in, so not necessarily easy to find. After it's open for a while more, I plan to condense the info into another thread.

Thanks for the heads up! My son is still struggling with post concussion syndrome and bright or flashing lights are a big headache trigger for him. I will share the closing/covering one eye tip with him. It is helpful to know what rides may cause him problems

Most likely, based on data Sue has posted in the past, the lights aren't strobe speed and so would be unlikely to trigger a seizure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter