FL Travel Restrictions

I just saw it’s been updated to 3 week quarantine and that flights arriving at MCO from these areas will be diverted to the international terminals and people will be checked there.
Do you have a link for that? I have not seen a 3 week quarantine yet. Wow!

Here it is but I misunderstood it, It is about people being expanded to include people who traveled IN the last 3 weeks. Sorry. I’ll fix my original posts

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/politics/florida-coronavirus-executive-order/index.html
Ah, gotcha, thanks!
It's pretty interesting:
"DeSantis, speaking at a press conference, said he will sign an additional order to make his original mandate apply retroactively to anyone who has traveled to Florida from those states in the last three weeks.
The additional order will also require travelers to provide the names of people they've been in close contact with in the state."

So people who have traveled to Florida in the past three weeks will have to now quarantine for 14 days? Obviously those who entered 2- 3 weeks ago are past the quarantine/possible incubation point but I'm guessing he wants people who are there a lesser amount of time to now quarantine. And if they have arrived in the past 3 weeks they have to provide names of people they've been with. Hmmm....

I reached out to channel 2 news here in Buffalo because they mentioned the FL governor mandate on the news here this morning. They confirmed to me that the mandate applies to all airports in the state of New York, not just the city, so Buffalo is included in that as well.
I'm guessing then, that it also applies to all NJ and CT airports too?

Haha! I was there in the last three weeks and I’m home already.

I was at a hotel in Miami, I’m make sure to continue this quarantine in NJ that I’ve already been doing 10+ days

I do think this is a bit better then the original order, but honestly if people have been all over for 2 weeks it’s to late already. I think people are missing how this thing spreads and how fast.

Looks like a lot of families who head to FL will need to make changes. Im from the Syracuse area and the Spring back starts in 10 days.
It will be interesting to see how long they keep this in place. No one should be traveling for spring break today, but June July you can expect this to be working...but how long do the shut down for? I don't think till June or July. but thats a guess.

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of families who head to FL will need to make changes. Im from the Syracuse area and the Spring back starts in 10 days.
I'm much closer to NYC than you, yet there are no restrictions or mandates for those of us traveling from PA to Florida. It doesn't make sense. And as much as I don't like to say it, our area being so close to NY and NJ borders, is far more of a threat than where you are. They should expand it to PA, IMO. Most of the cases in PA are from our side of the state, minus Pittsburgh which is also getting hit hard.

I haven't found anything stating an end date, have you? We canceled our May trip, but I think it's a very important thing to know anyway.

I'm much closer to NYC than you, yet there are no restrictions or mandates for those of us traveling from PA to Florida. It doesn't make sense. And as much as I don't like to say it, our area being so close to NY and NJ borders, is far more of a threat than where you are. They should expand it to PA, IMO. Most of the cases in PA are from our side of the state, minus Pittsburgh which is also getting hit hard.

I haven't found anything stating an end date, have you? We canceled our May trip, but I think it's a very important thing to know anyway.

There isn’t one in the executive order. I read it directly from his site.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-82.pdf

It will be interesting to see how long they keep this in place. No one should be traveling for spring break today, but June July you can expect this to be working...
People keep looking for Disney to announce the reopening date, but so much depends on how this spreads. I really hope they don't open too soon, only for Florida to have a jump in cases and have to close again. I saw Universal extended their closure into April but I haven't been keeping up with what Disney is doing.

People keep looking for Disney to announce the reopening date, but so much depends on how this spreads. I really hope they don't open too soon, only for Florida to have a jump in cases and have to close again. I saw Universal extended their closure into April but I haven't been keeping up with what Disney is doing.
I think they open sometime in May..
But how long are you going to quarantine visitors??? Indefinitely? I think not, the state relies on tourism to much.

This is what doesn't make sense to me...
We have 1,127cases in PA, CT has 875 cases, yet the travel restrictions don't cover PA. ???
We had over 800 cases yesterday and it jumped by about 200 cases overnight. Not the actual cases, but the positive results.

Do you know if there's an end date on the mandate, or is this being done indefinitely for the time being? I saw for flights arriving through June 1st somewhere, but haven't found that again since.
It's indefinite. I posted the entire order in .pdf form on the other thread on the same subject. Not posting the same thing to 74 threads on exactly the same topic.

Did they have dates. We travel April 28. Thanks. I feel like we won’t be going but I’m hopeful. We can’t fly from Toronto either I guess we could drive to Detroit and then fly
Well right now the border is closed between Canada and the US so you most likely won't even make it out of the country.

Did they have dates. We travel April 28. Thanks. I feel like we won’t be going but I’m hopeful. We can’t fly from Toronto either I guess we could drive to Detroit and then fly
As long as the non-essential travel ban is in place you will not be allowed across the border. The way it’s going I would plan on not going April 28. This outbreak will not be over by then since it is still growing fast.

Where are the people who arrive in Florida supposed to quarantine and will they be tracked to ensure they do so? At a hotel? Just curious as to how this works.

Where are the people who arrive in Florida supposed to quarantine and will they be tracked to ensure they do so? At a hotel? Just curious as to how this works.

It has been said with family and friends doesn’t count, so it’s implied I think a hotel. How it’s going to enforced i don’t know.

This is a feel good policy. It’s very difficult to enforce. How about people from the targeted states that connect to Florida through another hub? How about all the people simply driving into Florida?

There aren’t enough cops to enforce it.

As for spikes...everyone is going to be seeing spikes. That’s what happens when you constantly test more and more people. What will hopefully happen, though is that they will expand testing to those who aren’t just showing the most severe symptoms. Hopefully the death count will not increase at the same rate as reported cases.

This is a feel good policy. It’s very difficult to enforce. How about people from the targeted states that connect to Florida through another hub? How about all the people simply driving into Florida?

There aren’t enough cops to enforce it.

As for spikes...everyone is going to be seeing spikes. That’s what happens when you constantly test more and more people. What will hopefully happen, though is that they will expand testing to those who aren’t just showing the most severe symptoms. Hopefully the death count will not increase at the same rate as reported cases.

I think the thought is that flights coming directly from those areas are chalk full of people who could be carriers,

So, this at least puts them on notice. My understanding is that they will be met, information taken, and health assessed. Then let on their way.

But, I also think they are hoping that just the notion that if you fly there, you will be expected to do it, and can be fined or put in jail, will limit those making the choice to go anyway and ignore it,

I know if its in place in May when we are due to travel, we won’t go and abide by the rules

They could set priorities (the term is triage) for who gets treatment in the hospitals. This might include de-emphasizing first come first served. This might take into account what people were doing, whether they were doing necessary jobs such as working in grocery stores, and whether they supposedly violated a quarantine order.

They could set priorities (the term is triage) for who gets treatment in the hospitals. This might include de-emphasizing first come first served. This might take into account what people were doing, whether they were doing necessary jobs such as working in grocery stores, and whether they supposedly violated a quarantine order.

Its already like that I thought anyway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter