FL Tours & Disney $9 gate entrance fee

sonicworld

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what this is all about? We're staying at Coronado Springs. What if they picked us up at El Centro? They wouldn't need to go through any gate I'm aware of. Confused, please help?

sonicworld,
If You are staying at CS FL TOURS does not have to pay gate fee. Consequently, the fee is not passed on to you. However, Disney charges $9.00 gate fee to get into any of the Magic Kingdom Resort such as Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Polynesian and Shades of Green. That's the gate we are referring.
I hope that help clarify.
Andy

I always wondered why the MK resorts cost a little more to travel to. Now I know. It's not just Florida Tours. They all charge this.

Originally posted by AndyN
sonicworld,
If You are staying at CS FL TOURS does not have to pay gate fee. Consequently, the fee is not passed on to you. However, Disney charges $9.00 gate fee to get into any of the Magic Kingdom Resort such as Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Polynesian and Shades of Green. That's the gate we are referring.
I hope that help clarify.
Andy
Thank you!

I don't understand that gate fee... If you go in via Vista Blvd... you can't be charged. And if you go after the MK closes, you can't be charged... Security can't handle money. Secondly... if I, as a guest, wish to drive into the resort area to drop off a friend... I don't get charged... If a Disney Resort Guest goes to drive to thier resort, they don't get charged... How come a towncar would get charged? After all, they're only dropping off Resort Guests.

I'm going to have to ask someone in parking next time I see one...

Chip 'n Dale Expess,

Just read your reply. First of all, the gate fee occurs not when we're bringing the guests to the resorts, the most they would ask at that time is their confirmation. But it is when we return back to the resorts to pick them up to take them to the airport when we're asked to pay the $9.00.

When I was first asked to pay such fee, I did not think it was for real. I tried to explain to the attendant my situation resisting to pay that I'm not here to go to the theme park rather I'm only here to pick up my guests who also are Disney's guests that I brought them from the airport just days ago. She did not care! I asked for suprvisor hoping someone would have the common sense to understand what in the world I'm talking about.

Not a chance!

Sure enough the manager finally came only to tell me that I should pay.

FYI, If you're going to Magic Kingdom or it's resorts, you have no business of using Vista BLVD/ the back way unless of course you're disney's offical vehicle or guests staying at the resorts. Especially after 9/11. You may on occasion get lucky and the guard might let you through but not before being lectured about where the appropriate entrance is. Most of the time however, you will be told to go right back and use the main entrance.

Hope this would shade some light to the matter.
Andy

I too would like to find out a really official answer on this question, and this thread is as good as anyplace to put it.

Incidentally what would happen if you say you "changed your mind" and want to make a U-turn rather than pay?

Would the toll taker just tell you to bear right at the fork just after the toll plaza and go left at the next light where you can, which will make the U-turn?? If so, once you passed the toll plaza in this fashion you are home free to go to the resort.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 *World Inn (now Doubletree Club)
4/85 *Kon-Tiki (now Econolodge Hawaiian)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
9/97 All Star Music
11/98 ASMu & first premium annual pass
12/98 *Knights Inn on 192
9/99 All Star Movies
12/00 All Star Sports & PAP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 *Motel 6 & ASSp & PAP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned
* off site

Andy...

Thanks for shedding light on the matter... I appreciate it. However, I still don't agree with that policy... I'm sure you agree that it's ridiculous. I'm going to do a little hunting, see what Disney's reasoning for this policy is...

First of all, I would like to say thank you for taking an intersest on this matter. As former cast member, I know exactly what you are feeling! Like many other transportation companies, I have been crying fault for the longest time with no avail. As a results, for fear of losing business to competitors we bore the expensses of such unjustified charges for far too long until we were faced with making a tough decsion of passing on to our guests. Now, if you can find ways to address this issue, I say go for it and wish you more power! After all, transportation services like ours is really a service used by those who frequent Disney and it's resorts.
Andy

seashoreCM,

That would be breaking the rules! We would never advice our drivers to do such thing like that. If they ever do, They would no longer work for FL TOURS!
Andy

Since AP holders get free parking just buy all your drivers AP passes as a 'perk' :teeth:

At $9 a shot you would just have to make around 45 one-way trips to MK resorts to cover the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter