FL discount dining card

newholiday

<font color=000099>Tomorrow is ME day<br><font col
At what point does it make sense to have this?
3 ad, 1 ch thinking of Chef Mickey's, O'Hana's and possibly Trails End buffets, few park counter service, etc.
Have a 1B at VWL so may be eating some meals in our room.
Would this make it worth the discount card?

The card is wonderful, especially is you go to Disney a lot. I can't see where you're from, but it is only available to Florida residents.

From the few table service restaurants that you seem to be going, it may not make sense for you though. It doesn't seem like you're going to be saving enough to warrent getting the card. You'd basicallly have to save the amount that it cost you to obtain the card in the first place for it to be worth while. Check out the menus and see whether or not the 20% savings will add up to the cost of the card and you'll be able to tell if it's worth while.

Ours payed for itself in two months :Pinkbounc

So if you plan at eating at Disney throughout the year then it is definitely worth it.

I would try and add up what you think you would spend for sit down restaurants and see if 20% of that adds up to more than the price of the card. And don't forget that you cannot use it at counter service restaurants in the parks with the exception of some at Animal Kingdom.

We have always gotten our money's worth, but we dine frequently at the higher end restaurants.

I've been researching this myself.

I figured I need to spend $375 on food(20% off = $75cost of card) to make it worthwhile. I just added up our PS meals and those alone should come to around $465 so it will be worth it for us. I went to www.allearsnet.com and looked at all the menus to guesstimate what we would spend.

There is also a list on allears that tells you which places it's good at. It's good at all sitdown places and some counter service(AK & resorts without sit down restaurants). It's also good in some bars and lounges. Also, from what I hear, when calculating the 20% off your meal, they take 20% off of alcohol too which is cool. Not that I'm a big drinker but sometimes one drink can be $5-$7.

So, we went ahead and purchased this. We figured that even if we only break even, it's like prepaying a portion of our food. They say to allow 3 weeks or so to get the card so you can't do it at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter