"Five Mickey bars hit you like two glasses of wine!" a Jan 2019 adults-only TR *COMPLETED* 6/25

An iPhone 8... Haha and some cheapo Nikon. I have wanted a new camera for a while now, maybe I can convince DH for one for my birthday this year!
Oh okay! My first camera was an old model I got off of craigslist for like $200. It was a great starting point but I got offered an awesome deal on a brand new D5600 and I couldn't pass it up! Definitely keep your eyes peeled for used cameras. You can get some really good quality sets for pretty good prices!

“Is this where they used to sell women?”

Oh hey friends. Last time you saw us we were chilling with our fave animal pals over by the Tree of Life. Well fast forward about a 30 minute bus ride and that finds us skipping through Town Square to gather ever more Sorcerer’s cards in the Magic Kingdom.

After getting the cards I wandered and took a few photos around Town Square but only one of them actually turned out so here you go:

We went around Town Square looking for a couple hidden magic things but we didn’t have any luck. The two we were looking for were something from Lady and the Tramp near Tony’s and the old fashioned phone in the hat shop. We couldn’t find the Lady and the Tramp thing at all and the phone was busted!

We walked out of the hat shop in dejection but our spirits were quickly lifted as we first heard, then saw the Dapper Dans performing near the entrance to the train station. Since I don’t have the capacity to pass up an opportunity to watch a Dapper Dans show, we made our way over for a few minutes of entertainment.

Well boy howdy were we in for more than that! P&A were wearing their anniversary celebration buttons and the Dans thought they would be the perfect couple to hop on in the set with them. The Dans & P sang a song to A and it was absolutely precious. P is actually a really good singer (Jon & P actually met in a music theory class) so it was extra special!

[Apparently P missed the stripes memo]

After the set I went to ask for a photo with the group and they were very obliging. Then they made P an honorary member of the Dapper Dans! It was one of those super cool and magical Disney moments and I hope P&A can cherish that memory.

Since we were right there, Jon wanted to show P&A the moving picture things up at the train station so I took the opportunity to talk to the engineer who was up there. So without further ado, here are the random facts that I learned about the WDW Railroad:

• The engines run on oil, not coal
  • The engines stay hot for a really long time. It was still hot to the touch like 6 hours after being shut off.
  • Each of the engines drive differently and have their own personalities, even though they are identical engines that came off the manufacturing line one after the other
  • They were both built in the 20s but were modified with some more modern technology
And that concludes Ann's Fun Train Facts. Now back to Bert with the weather.

….

Bert? BERT?!

Dang it we lost another one. I guess it’s back to the TR then.

With all of the singing and train facts, we decided it was high time to ride something so we went to POTC to use our FP.

Before riding I had mentioned the auction scene change and as we passed it, A leaned over and asked, “Is this where they used to sell women?”

I wish I could say no.

[This one is an absolute winner]

After a lovely ride we went back through Pecos Bills so that P could try to find some hidden Mickeys that he remembered. It took us a while (and required some help from a nearby CM) but eventually we found one! Anyone know where the hidden Mickeys are in Pecos Bill?

On our way out we happened upon a random dance party that included all our favorite pals like Br’er Bear, Br’er Rabbit, Clarabelle, and a bunch of very energetic CMs. It was really entertaining but I spent most of the show just thinking to myself “what the heck is happening right now??”

Jon and P&A wanted to walk through the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and that is entirely NOT my cup of tea, so I did something else. Any guesses as to what?

If your answer was to sneak onboard the Jungle Cruise and impersonate a skipper then you are sadly wrong (although that does sound like a lot of fun).

I took pictures, obviously.

[Couldn't decide which one I liked better]

Including some selfies because, well, why not?

By selfie time, the gang was back and Jon stepped into his role as Instagram husband to help me with a picture of my mermaid ensemble.

Up next was a questionable bit of planning on my part- but hear me out. Last year when Jon and I did Disney After Hours, we didn’t really eat enough real food beforehand and gorging ourselves on the included snacks and ice cream novelties left our stomachs feeling less than stellar. So I thought we could eat an early dinner this time around to avoid said non-stellarness.

Except that the dinner I booked was at Liberty Tree Tavern. A veritable smorgasbord of American comfort food, most of which was at such a quality that we could not deny ourselves the pleasure of eating far more than we should.

But alas, I’m jumping ahead.

The reason I book LTT was because we hadn’t eaten there and comfort food is my favorite food and I thought it would be a better meal to eat as a group as opposed to just Jon and I. We got checked in and only had a few minutes to wait until we hearkened a fair miss crying out, “Hear ye, hear ye- Mermaid family from the territory of Missouri!” (Not sure if I’ve mentioned my last name on here yet so I’ll keep that incognito to maintain some semblance of a care for my cyber security).

r​

We were seated and beveraged (this needs to be a verb) and before long our first course was out- salad and rolls. The salad was better than I anticipated, mostly due to the dressing which had a taste I wasn’t quite familiar with. The rolls were fine but pretty obviously pre-packaged dinner rolls (but hey- bread is bread. And you don’t get to be this shape by being particular about your carbs).

The meal moved along pretty quickly and we were barely done with our salads by the time the mains made their way to our table. The sides were all good with the real standout being the mashed potatoes. The mac and cheese was very standard (but again- I’m not particular) and the green beans were…vegetative, but man those potatoes were straight up delightful. Jon also said the stuffing was “fantastic” and I have to take his word for it because I don’t eat stuffing (okay so I’m a tiny bit particular about my carbs). Of the mains I think we all preferred the pork. The turkey was good, too, but the roast was a little on the dry side.

Then came the real reason I picked LTT- the dessert. Even knowing we had three hours of unlimited access to snacks at a very short time in the future, we couldn’t help but stuff our faces. I was most excited about the ooey gooey toffee cake (when the waiter set down the tray of desserts I asked him for a whole plate of it right off the bat….) but all three of the desserts were phenomenal.

So even though it hampered our ability to break our PR for most Mickey Bars consumed in a single night, I do not at all regret that booking decision. That meal was a dream.

We (very slowly) made out way out of the restaurant, licking our fingers and humming Yankee Doodle, and headed toward the front of the park for our lockers.

Here’s another funny planning story, once again having to do with making a decision based off of last year’s DAH. So last year Jon & I were absolutely freezing during DAH. We did not pack warm enough and it definitely hampered the experience (especially when it came to eating ice cream). The weather looked like it could be just about as cold so I convinced everyone to rent a locker and bring plenty of warm things to keep us nice and toasty. Well….it didn’t end up being that cold and the extra backpack full of cozies was certainly not needed. P&A were good sports about it though and I’m just glad we weren’t freezing all night!

After our unnecessary locker room pit stop, it was time to pick up our lanyards for DAH! Except they weren’t lanyards this time, they were wristbands (helloooo budget cuts). The lanyards were actually a really cool keepsake so I was a little sad that they weren’t around anymore.

Journey of the Little Mermaid had a short (or should I say little?) wait, so Jon and P&A rode that, while I used a leftover anytime FP from P to meet Ariel and show off my mermaid swag.

[She was very excited about the tiny dinglehopper in my bow]

I got done before the rest of the group so I went on a search for a couple more hidden Mickeys. One is the Steamboat Willie that you can see from the Journey of the Little Mermaid exit. Spoiler alert- it’s real real hard to see in the dark.

The gang once again reunited and we went to look for a hidden Oswald near Enchanted Tales with Belle. But first- photopass.

[Jon was pretty much done with photos at this point so I had to go it alone]

After much searching, we were eventually successful in finding Oswald. Has anyone seen him before?? He’s a pretty rad rabbit. A radbit.

Alright that’s a sign that I should stop. So long until next time, when you get an inside look at how four grown adults on an amazing sugar high tackle Disney After Hours.

Last edited:
What a lovely MK afternoon. How cool is it that P got to sing with the Dapper Dans?

Up next was a questionable bit of planning on my part- but hear me out. Last year when Jon and I did Disney After Hours, we didn’t really eat enough real food beforehand and gorging ourselves on the included snacks and ice cream novelties left our stomachs feeling less than stellar. So I thought we could eat an early dinner this time around to avoid said non-stellarness.

Except that the dinner I booked was at Liberty Tree Tavern. A veritable smorgasbord of American comfort food, most of which was at such a quality that we could not deny ourselves the pleasure of eating far more than we should.

Hmm, in an effort to avoid overindulging on junk food, you book a meal whose main purpose is to overindulge on dessert. I'm not quite sure you hit the mark on this one :-)

What a lovely MK afternoon. How cool is it that P got to sing with the Dapper Dans?

Hmm, in an effort to avoid overindulging on junk food, you book a meal whose main purpose is to overindulge on dessert. I'm not quite sure you hit the mark on this one :-)
Hahaha the goal wasn’t to avoid overindulging on snacks, it was to eat some decent food before overindulging so that we wouldn’t feel so sick afterward :rotfl2:

But we ended up overindulging before our overindulgence either way...oops

My husband and I have been on a couple of great couple trips, too. Thanks for keeping us all entertained while we wait for our next trip. Great pics, too! My DH also shoots with a Nikon- he’s always muttering about f-stops, iSo and needing new lenses,etc.!

Awww how sweet P sang with the Dapper Dans to A. I need a boyfriend well HUSBAND with talent like that lol

"Is this where they used to sell women?" I'm CACKLING. I'm now gonna point out that part of the ride as "where they used to sell women."

Omg I love the Frontierland Hoedown! It's definitely jarring first time you see it, but omg it is fun and you'll definitely start running into it a lot more often than you think.

Liberty Tree Tavern does look delish. Cannot go wrong with comfort food.

Awww, your photos with Ariel are so sweet. Y'all mermaids look like you were having the best time under the sea. (And lol, that hidden Steamboat Willie isn't exactly easy to find in the sun either haha)

Sounds like an amazing moment with the Dapper Dans! Love your pic with them!

Sounds like a fun dinner!

Aww I love the pics with Ariel!! Not sure if I already mentioned it but I love your ears!

My husband and I have been on a couple of great couple trips, too. Thanks for keeping us all entertained while we wait for our next trip. Great pics, too! My DH also shoots with a Nikon- he’s always muttering about f-stops, iSo and needing new lenses,etc.!
I'm glad we could provide some entertainment! Walking around and taking pictures is in my top three favorite things to do at Disney :D

Awww how sweet P sang with the Dapper Dans to A. I need a boyfriend well HUSBAND with talent like that lol
What if you just marry one of the Dans??

Omg I love the Frontierland Hoedown!
THANK YOU I could not remember what it was called. Yeah it was super fun- just strange the very first time hahaha

Cannot go wrong with comfort food
Ever. It's actually impossible.

Awww, your photos with Ariel are so sweet. Y'all mermaids look like you were having the best time under the sea. (And lol, that hidden Steamboat Willie isn't exactly easy to find in the sun either haha)
I'm determined to look for it again on my next trip...

Sounds like an amazing moment with the Dapper Dans! Love your pic with them!

Sounds like a fun dinner!

Aww I love the pics with Ariel!! Not sure if I already mentioned it but I love your ears!
Thank you! I got them on Etsy from lebownitte!

Lol its funny how we learn from our mistakes but then they usually don't happen again :rotfl: but I definitely think erring on the side of caution was the smart bet! Because being cold in Disney is NO fun!

but I definitely think erring on the side of caution was the smart bet! Because being cold in Disney is NO fun!

Right?! I just feel bad because I convinced them to lug this backpack to the parks and pay to rent a locker to store a bunch of stuff they didn't end up needing
alice shrug.gif

The two we were looking for were something from Lady and the Tramp near Tony’s and the old fashioned phone in the hat shop. We couldn’t find the Lady and the Tramp thing at all and the phone was busted!
I think the Lady and the Tramp paw prints are further behind those walls they built for the walkways they use there when it's super crowded in the parks.....at least, I think so!

THE PHONE WAS BUSTED IN NOVEMBER, TOO!!! My parents were NOT happy.

What an adorable memory with the Dapper Dans!! I love that!!

Did NOT know any of those facts about the train!

RIP BERT, gone but not forgotten.

Okay, but we NEED the # of the white-ish blonde haired CM dancing in that second photo of the Frontierland Hoedown.

LTT looks AMAZING. We weren't happy with it when we visited for dinner during our Jan 17 trip, but we have it booked for lunch on our upcoming trip and I'm looking forward to the toffee cake.

I can't remember if we covered this earlier in the thread or not, but are those ears from LeBownitte?

YASSS YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE WITH ARIEL AND IN THE LITTLE MERMAID SECTION!!!!!! Queen of The Little Mermaid!!!! We stan!!!

Looking forward to DAH on your sugar high. Give us the DEETS

I think the Lady and the Tramp paw prints are further behind those walls they built for the walkways they use there when it's super crowded in the parks.....at least, I think so!
Oh good to know! I looked all over but could not find them!

THE PHONE WAS BUSTED IN NOVEMBER, TOO!!! My parents were NOT happy.
BOOOO Disney get. ur. ish. to. ge. tha.

What an adorable memory with the Dapper Dans!! I love that!!
Right?? It was so sweet! And very special because they were super excited to be celebrating their anniversary at Disney anyway <3

Did NOT know any of those facts about the train!
My work here is done.

RIP BERT, gone but not forgotten.
He was one of the best. Such quick wit and dynamic emotional range. Never was the weather better forecasted.

Okay, but we NEED the # of the white-ish blonde haired CM dancing in that second photo of the Frontierland Hoedown.
Yes he is #werking the frosted look

LTT looks AMAZING. We weren't happy with it when we visited for dinner during our Jan 17 trip, but we have it booked for lunch on our upcoming trip and I'm looking forward to the toffee cake.
Worth it just for the toffee cake, TBH

I can't remember if we covered this earlier in the thread or not, but are those ears from LeBownitte?
Yes friend! I love her ears so much.

YASSS YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE WITH ARIEL AND IN THE LITTLE MERMAID SECTION!!!!!! Queen of The Little Mermaid!!!! We stan!!!
ariel blushing.gif

Looking forward to DAH on your sugar high. Give us the DEETS
Oh gurl just wait. Just. Wait.

What a great day! This update had me cracking up!!

That dapper dans encounter sounds fun!

I have always wanted to try LTT but I haven’t yet! It’s on the list but I feel like it’s to heavy for warm trips, like in August will it make me sick?!?!?

Excited to her how DAH goes!

What a great day! This update had me cracking up!!
My one true joy in life is making other people laugh (well that and eating)

That dapper dans encounter sounds fun!
It was so sweet! I love the Dans!

It’s on the list but I feel like it’s to heavy for warm trips, like in August will it make me sick?!?!?
Hmmm it is quite a lot of food...what if you do it last thing in the day? Like a late late dinner and then you can just leave the park from there and be comatose??

Excited to her how DAH goes!
Here's a spoiler for ya
mermaid hea.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!