"Five Mickey bars hit you like two glasses of wine!" a Jan 2019 adults-only TR *COMPLETED* 6/25

It's sooo good, although there were times before I finished the maple that I really wanted some regular popcorn. I might see if a half and half option is possible next time.

Also, like the reason.
Thanks! I think it will be fun. We're going to France this year which means on our next WDW trip we'll have another thing to pick up! Currently they are all gathering on top of our piano. I'll add a picture later.

Winnipeg (my home) has a pro hockey team and a semi-pro team as well. The semi-pro team is called the Winnipeg Moose. Their mascot (I'm not making this up, you can Google it) is called Mick E. Moose.

At the Rio Olympics, there was a moose statue outside our building and they needed a name. I believe either Mountie (for our Royal Canadian Mounted Police), or Madamooselle was chosen.
Someone also suggested Moople.

The moose is on the coat of arms of two provinces. Both Newfoundland as well as Ontario. You could call your Moose Ontario or the more fun sounding Newf-the-Moose.
Oh those are all good!

insert cheese joke here.
I'll spare you.
Never spare me the cheese jokes. Most of them are pretty gouda, but you wouldn't brielieve how many aren't so sharp.

Glad I missed that one. Or maybe it wasn't available at F&G.
I think it's just for iFart but I'm not sure.

Huh. I never knew that. I learneded something.
the more you know.gif

You obviously hadn't had enough adult beverages, yet. The snacks don't start talking until you're at least 3 drinks in.
Ahh you know, you're right!

Tim Horton the moose.
Another excellent suggestion.

I really want to go to the Festival of the Arts someday, I would love to hear the Broadway concerts.
It's really fun! I recommend it. Plus the weather is usually nice and cool.

It's sooo good, although there were times before I finished the maple that I really wanted some regular popcorn. I might see if a half and half option is possible next time.
So... basically a very under seasoned Chicago mix.
Thanks! I think it will be fun. We're going to France this year which means on our next WDW trip we'll have another thing to pick up! Currently they are all gathering on top of our piano. I'll add a picture later.
Standing by!
Never spare me the cheese jokes. Most of them are pretty gouda, but you wouldn't brielieve how many aren't so sharp.

:laughing: Those were grate!

What a fun iFart day! :laughing: (I am sure I will never be able to think of another name for that festival now)

We stopped at the festival booth to try the taiyaki. It wasn’t horrible but something didn’t sit right about the texture so I don’t think we finished the whole thing.

Okay I know it's weird, but hear me out. Forget about that bread version and next time you find yourself in the freezer aisle of an Asian grocery store, find some of these:

The outer layer is similar in texture to a McDonald's ice cream cone (in a good way?), and the bean paste layer is so deliciously sweet that you don't care it's made out of beans.

our next stop was in China to try the crystal mooncake. Which was gross. I did not enjoy that at all.

Those things are pretty gross! My teeth hurt just remembering the time I had one.

I have to say - I am impressed with the number of snacks you all managed to consume in one day! 😁

Sounds like a great night at Epcot! You got to sample so many things, which is the best part of the festivals :)
Yes! I hardly ever eat 'normal' Epcot food because I'm almost always there during a festival. There are so many Epcot restaurants that I still want to try but can't justify because I know I'm going to end up eating from the booths either way :P

So... basically a very under seasoned Chicago mix.
Sounds perfect 😎

:laughing: Those were grate!
gus cheese.gif

(I am sure I will never be able to think of another name for that festival now)
Mission accomplished!

find some of these:
Ah the photo isn't showing up!

I have to say - I am impressed with the number of snacks you all managed to consume in one day!
We are professional snack connoisseurs. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards.

After the UK we stopped at our first festival booth in France. Jon and I got the crème de brie.

It was alright but not exactly what I was expecting. My note said it was ‘funnier’ than expected but I’m pretty sure I meant to say ‘runnier’ since it was really thin (I don't recall it dropping any sick one liners, anyway). It was more like brie soup than just melted brie. But still good!

I really want to get to iFart (love this shorthand that you've coined! haha) next year! Hoping DH and I can do a weekend trip!!

We all agreed that too much time had passed since our last snack so we went right next door to Italy and I got the pork short ribs, which was one of my favorite dishes from the festival. It had a balsamic flavor that was incredible!

And what goes better with ribs? More ribs.

Lol loving all the ribs! I mean what better way to determine which ribs are the best???

The sous vide chicken was delicious, just like I remembered. Fun story- when I ordered this last year I held it up to get a photo and half of it fell on the ground. Right on the ground. It was a sad moment but one that every diligent Instagrammer has had to face. So I had Jon help me take the picture this time to make sure I kept everything balanced.

Oh the instagram fail. Good call on having DH help this time!

I lost my quote for the "moo point" but love lol moo point - its like a cows opinion
:rotfl:

Hoping DH and I can do a weekend trip!!
That would be awesome! I think a couple half days is enough to really experience everything :)

I mean what better way to determine which ribs are the best???
You must eat them all. ALL. That's what I'm trying to do with fried chicken in my non-Disney travels hahaha

Good call on having DH help this time!
It's definitely a two person job :P

I lost my quote for the "moo point" but love lol moo point - its like a cows opinion
It's one of my favorite quotes from Friends :rotfl2:

It seems they keep opening DHS early due to Toy Story Land. I wonder what they'll do once the craziness of SWGE arrives! :rolleyes:

How have I never heard of that ice cream shop?! I've always been pretty ho-hum about ice cream (I always liked it, but was never super-excited for it), but after having my daughter I now LOVE ice cream. If I ever get a chance to stay in an Epcot area resort I'll have to give it a try!

Your eating around the world sounds delicious! :goodvibes I'm glad you had a mix of excellent dishes amongst the duds.

I always hate the last night of a Disney trip. It's always depressing.

I wonder what they'll do once the craziness of SWGE arrives!
I saw that EMH are supposed to start at 6am right after opening. I wonder if they'll stick to that or start opening the park at like 5:30 😳

If I ever get a chance to stay in an Epcot area resort I'll have to give it a try!
It's seriously soooo good! And if you have someone to share a flight with, it's even better.

I'm glad you had a mix of excellent dishes amongst the duds
Yeah for the most part it was good! A couple things were eh but only the moon cake was I-need-to-spit-this-out-right-now bad.

I always hate the last night of a Disney trip. It's always depressing.
For sure! This was also the first Disney trip that I actually fully unpacked instead of just living out of my suitcase, so the bummer of having to repack was an extra ugh.

So while we were in Canada, I also picked up a stuffed moose to represent Canada, since we’ve been there. I have yet to name him and I feel very sad about it. So if you have any very Canadian suggestions for a moose name, I'll take them.

Peter Moosebridge from Zootopia!

The story behind this is that Peter Mansbridge is a well known and long-serving national news anchor (kinda like our Tom Brokaw) and Disney had him play the news anchor (as a voice actor of course) in Zootopia.

Peter Moosebridge from Zootopia!

The story behind this is that Peter Mansbridge is a well known and long-serving national news anchor (kinda like our Tom Brokaw) and Disney had him play the news anchor (as a voice actor of course) in Zootopia.
That's a good one, too! Man, everyone is throwing out so many good ideas it'll be hard to choose.

It’s time to wrap this mother up

This is a side note that has nothing whatsoever to do with this TR, but I hope it might brighten your day. I had a cavity filled this morning and half of my face is still numb. I’m typing this as I’m trying to eat my lunch with only half of my mouth muscles. Feel free to picture that in your head and laugh. PS the yogurt is particularly distressing.

That saddest of days, our final Disney day, dawned bright and beautiful, illuminating our packed suitcases and downturned faces. We took both to airline check in (bless whoever made this a thing) then boarded a bus to our last park of the trip- Animal Kingdom.
We stopped for a snack on the way to our first ride because everyone knows that it’s impossible to tell yourself no on your last Disney day.

We rode my personal favorite Disney ride (and the inspo for our blog name), and once more narrowly escaped capture by that large white hairy legend- the wampa.

It was a tad chilly that morning so we all stopped for hot beverages at Ananananadananapour Tea Company, where my notes tell me I imbibed in a honey vanilla rooibos tea with a splash of milk. Which sounds amazing right now.

I also made Jon take a picture of my outfit because I was wearing a new shirt that I love:

We sipped on our drinks as we made our way to Africa and then on to the Gorilla Falls trails, which were crazy crowded. But the meerkats were out being all meerkatty so that made it worth it.

BUT FIRST! Instagram wall photo op:

Next up was our next FP, which was for Dinosaur. But on the way I stopped for some photos.

We nabbed our Iguanodon and then walked about Dinoland for a few moments.

All that time travel made us hungry so we four weary Dino wranglers made our way to Yak & Yeti Local Foods for some grub. I got the chicken fried rice, Jon got teriyaki beef and we shared some egg rolls (I probably also got a Coke Zero because that’s just who I am as a person). All was fantastic, as usual.

Up next was a round through the Maharaja Jungle Trek where – and I’ve mentioned this before – I could spend literal hours just staring at the tigers.

We didn’t have literal hours, but I did stay as long as I could. The siblings were even playing together!

So long, tiger babes. See ya real soon.

Once we got through we realized that P&A still hadn’t had a Dole Whip yet on the trip, so we went over to Africa to remedy that. Dole Whips all around

[I would like to say this had rum in it but I don’t think I got it this time. What was I thinking??]
We ate them on our way to Finding Nemo, because there was just enough time to catch the next show before our last FP opened up. It was cute as usual (and I hope you now all have “go with the FLOOOWWWWW” stuck in your heads like I do), except there were about five babies who were crying through the whole thing and definitely NOT going with the flow.

We rode the EAC all the way to our last top of the trip- Pandora (the EAC goes there, right? My geography isn’t what it used to be). *Insert gratuitous Pandora photo dump*

That’s right our final FP of the trip was for Flight of Passage. Because of the unfortunate ticketing issue that I discovered when trying to book FPs, this was the only date that there were any left for our trip. But I figured there are worse ways to end a trip than by riding one of the best rides on Disney property (unless of course P&A hated it, which in fact make it one of the worser ways to end a trip).

When we got to the FP line it was super long. I don’t have a photo but if memory serves, it was outside the FP queue area. Thankfully it moved really quickly. Even more thankfully, P&A loved it! I really do wish we could have ridden it earlier in the trip, and then therefore tried to get a second round of FPs for it later on, but at least they rode it once!

Looking at our watches (and by watches I mean phones because psh who has space for a watch AND a magic band?) we realized it was time to head out of the park and begin our journey home. BUT we also realized we had time for one more snack to eat on the move.

[If I have to leave Disney World then I sure as HECK am going to eat Mickey-shaped frozen treats as I do it]
While waiting for our Lyft to the airport, we noticed this sheriff car and couldn’t help but laugh at two things:

• The use of comic sans
  • Why is Making a Difference in quotes? Are they actually making a difference?
And with that, we snapped a sad see ya real soon selfie and were off to the airport and on our way home.

Although we were sad to leave, I am real excited that I finally finished this TR and even MORE excited that we leave for our SoCal ABD in just 18 days! So thanks everyone for following along. I hope you were moved, inspired, and most of all entertained. My joy in life is making people smile and I’d like to think I get to do a little of that right here in my tiny corner of the internet.

ALSO! For those who asked what the old timey house tea pot looks like, here it is:

thumbnail.jpg

This photo also features Maple Horton III, our newly named moose from Canada, as well as Hamish the Hairy Coo from Scotland (actual Scotland, not Epcot).

Ah hope you feel better! Going to the dentist stinks :(

Love all your pics around AK- so pretty!

Always sad when a trip comes to an end! I enjoyed reading about it and can't wait to hear about California!

Ok how did I miss the WS update?!?!?

So first, love all the festival food and jel you saw Kevin and Kerry! Also love me some Santa Fe, but I would really like seize the day if we are picking songs here!

FoP is a great way to end a trip! I am not going to lie I worry that all the hype is going to kill this ride for me! I haven’t been able to ride it yet so I’m really excited but also slightly worried it will be a let down!

Thanks for sharing you trip, I love your humor! Do you share your blog, if it’s as funny as this I want to follow along!!

18 days!!! Can’t wait for that TR.... I’ll just assume your doing one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter