"Five Mickey bars hit you like two glasses of wine!" a Jan 2019 adults-only TR *COMPLETED* 6/25

I think it's supposed to be some paw prints in the concrete but I have yet to find them so I'm not certain.

Ah! Sorry, can't help you. Although you can (I've done it) ask them to put their paw prints on a napkin (or whatever) as a souvenir. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only indecisive one. They both have something interesting to offer.

They do! Or maybe not... I don't know!

It's about 20ish paces away from the entrance to Enchanted Tales with Belle in the main walkway area of New Fantasyland. It's right where 3 cracks in the ground come together and form kind of a Y.

Thanks!

I hope I come up with a chapter title by the time I post this

Apparently... no.

But naturally we were very quickly sidetracked by a 5 min wait time posted for Haunted Mansion.

One does not pass up a 5 minute HM wait.

We figured we had just enough time to get through the mansion (assuming none of us were chosen to be the 1000th haunt)

Never assume that.

For those of you who don’t know me well, Full-On Go Mode is a state that I enter as a deadline (self-imposed or otherwise) approaches and I find myself further away from accomplishing my goal (usually the arrival at some predetermined destination) than I would like. I become increasingly agitated and I usually take it out on those closest to me (if they can keep up). Jon is very well acquainted with Full-On Go Mode.

Thanks for the warning.

So instead we watched the show while on the ride, then caught the finale near the ride exit. This is still my favorite spot to watch HEA aside from the hub. It’s so cool to watch the fireworks go off from a different angle and see them as you come around the bends and up the hills. If you haven’t tried it- I highly recommend it! Although it can be tricky to time (but significantly easier during DAH).

I've heard of it... But love being in front too much to probably ever try that. But you never know. :)

With HEA over, we made our first popcorn stop, and I was pleasantly surprised when they filled my popcorn bucket instead of making me take one of the boxes! I feel like last year there were reports that they wouldn’t fill popcorn buckets (and I didn’t discover the magic of popcorn buckets until very recently, so unfortunately I have no data of my own to corroborate).

I hadn't heard of that. I know some buckets expire, but... if you just got it, it should be fine, no?

:lmao:

And to make it even better there’s the smug-looking family behind us who obviously came much more prepared.

:rotfl:

Awesome! :laughing:

We wanted to ride 7DMT next but it was down. We were all pretty sad about that because we didn’t get FPs for it on any other day because we thought we would be able to ride it during DAH.

Well... poop.
Glad it opened later, though.

You guys look far too happy for the carousel!

Our next stop was a meeting with the Main Mouse but we had several distractions along the way. The first was another snack (this is #4 if you’re keeping count) for a very specific reason- photos.

Nice photos with the ice cream!

Kinda love these shots. :)

Awwwww...

And of course Buckey had to meet his hero

Well... Yeah!

When we emerged from Mickey’s lair we saw that 7DMT was back up so you can bet your bottom Schrute Buck that we hightailed it back to Fantasyland for a chance to ride!

Yes!

:lmao:

For reference, here's last years far superior lantern photo:

Lighting is much better.

[And this right here is why we’re friends]

:laughing: I understand, now.

After the 2nd ride when we got into the station the CM told us we could just stay on and ride one more time.

woot!

Thankfully, Full-On Go Mode helped us accomplish our goal (as it usually does- though Jon may disagree) and we got in line for BTMRR right as HEA was starting. P&A hadn’t seen the show yet so it was kind of weird to have them hear/watch it from far away but I didn’t want to waste precious DAH time by watching the show and fighting the crowds in the hub.
We watched Wishes from BTMR one night and it was magical. Will definitely try for it during HEA!

Well the timing for the photo was off and instead of our super awesome hilarious idea (which I’ve forgotten by now), we got this:
This is so funny!

We wanted to ride 7DMT next but it was down. We were all pretty sad about that because we didn’t get FPs for it on any other day because we thought we would be able to ride it during DAH. So we went on a conciliatory carousel ride instead.
Love the carousel. :goodvibes

At long, long last we made it to Mickey. It was a fun reunion for P&A and it was one of the only full group photos that we took.
Love these pictures!

When we emerged from Mickey’s lair we saw that 7DMT was back up so you can bet your bottom Schrute Buck that we hightailed it back to Fantasyland for a chance to ride! The line was a whopping 15 minutes (real good for normal day wait times but real bad for DAH wait times) but we knew it might be our only chance to ride it so we went for it.
Has SDMT been down a lot? Too bad you didn't get the wait time you hoped for during the event.

DAH was winding down and we had enough time for snack stop #5 and one more ride. We thought it appropriate to end the night where we began it and made our way back to Frontierland and BTMRR. We rode once and still had some more time so we went back through the line to ride again! After the 2nd ride when we got into the station the CM told us we could just stay on and ride one more time.
Such a perfect way to end the night.

We also caught the Kiss Goodnight (the actual Kiss Goodnight and not that random, unidentified show from earlier in our trip) and as we left the park, the title of this trip report was born as A told me, “Wow, five Mickey bars hits you like two glasses of wine!”
I was wondering where the title came from! That is a great story. Also, I love "A Kiss Goodnight". It always feels like the perfect way to say goodbye to MK. :)

I can EXTREMELY relate to Full-On Go mode, it is VERY real, and it can be INCREDIBLY useful when touring MK at night.

BTMRR exit for HEA sounds like probably the greatest spot for watching fireworks ever? I will remember this!!!

That Splash pic is AMAZING, please submit it to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

I love the photos on Main St, especially the ones with you and Buckey!! So cute!!!

What an action-packed DAH event!!!

Hiya I've been reading along and loving every minute of your trip report but don't think I've commented yet (not sure why):confused3
Love your latest update and totally see why you guys are friends:thumbsup2
Your photos are hilarious. Awesome poses, even when they weren't what you were going for:rotfl:
I've never watched the fireworks from a ride before but it sounds just perfect:goodvibes

Such a fun night at DAH!

Good thing your HM detour didn't mess up your BTMRR timing. I, too, have a go mode that is a sight to behold. I've had to whip it out quite a bit more since the girls were born...

I think you may be projecting a bit on the family who ride in your Splash log. They don't look smug to me, just happy to be prepared, unlike some folks

Sounds like a great time at DAH! Love all the photos you were able to take in front of the castle and how many snacks you were able to eat!!

Apparently... no.
The inspiration just didn't strike me and the perfectionist in me didn't want some sub-par generic title

I've heard of it... But love being in front too much to probably ever try that. But you never know. :)
If I only have one night to watch HEA then I'm for sure going to be front and center but it's nice to get a different view if you have more than one chance to watch the show during a trip!

I hadn't heard of that. I know some buckets expire, but... if you just got it, it should be fine, no?
I just remember I brought a ziploc bag last year and they wouldn't fill that so I assumed they also wouldn't fill buckets. My logic may be flawed there.

I love the lantern pics... I hope to finally get one or two done!
I hope you do, too! They can be really sweet.

Will definitely try for it during HEA!
I highly recommend it at least once.

Love these pictures!
Thanks!!

It always feels like the perfect way to say goodbye to MK.
It really is! Not that leaving the MK can ever feel good, but the kiss goodnight makes it feel a little less bad

Omg-I missed the part when you named him! And those photos-HILARIOUS!!!
Of course he got a name! And he's very photogenic. Little guy just begged me to stop at pretty much every photopass spot.

and it can be INCREDIBLY useful when touring MK at night.
See Jon- it's USEFUL!

BTMRR exit for HEA sounds like probably the greatest spot for watching fireworks ever? I will remember this!!!
Yes definitely remember and report back to confirm.

That Splash pic is AMAZING, please submit it to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Done. Anna Wintour actually invited me to the gala next year.

I love the photos on Main St, especially the ones with you and Buckey!! So cute!!!
Thank you!

Hiya I've been reading along and loving every minute of your trip report but don't think I've commented yet (not sure why):confused3
Love your latest update and totally see why you guys are friends:thumbsup2
Your photos are hilarious. Awesome poses, even when they weren't what you were going for:rotfl:
I've never watched the fireworks from a ride before but it sounds just perfect:goodvibes
I'm glad you decided to join in! The more the merrier (especially when you say nice things like that :D)

Such a fun night at DAH!

Good thing your HM detour didn't mess up your BTMRR timing. I, too, have a go mode that is a sight to behold. I've had to whip it out quite a bit more since the girls were born...

I think you may be projecting a bit on the family who ride in your Splash log. They don't look smug to me, just happy to be prepared, unlike some folks
Oh goodness I shudder to think of what my Full On Go Mode would morph into if I were to have children...

Sounds like a great time at DAH! Love all the photos you were able to take in front of the castle and how many snacks you were able to eat!!
It was a great night!

:rotfl:I feel this struggle! For some reason, coming up with a chapter title is always impossible to me

I become increasingly agitated and I usually take it out on those closest to me (if they can keep up).

I'm pretty sure Full-On Go Mode is my default.

It’s so cool to watch the fireworks go off from a different angle and see them as you come around the bends and up the hills.

My sister and I did this for the first time last year at DAH! I agree- it's definitely a cool way to see the fireworks.

[I’ve only ever ridden this ride during DAH. It is admittedly a pretty poor use of time during the event, but it’s so cool to see everything lit up at night]

Same here.

After the 2nd ride when we got into the station the CM told us we could just stay on and ride one more time.

Awesome!!

“Wow, five Mickey bars hits you like two glasses of wine!”

:rotfl::rotfl:

Hahaha whoops!

We figured we had just enough time to get through the mansion (assuming none of us were chosen to be the 1000th haunt) and get to our HEA spot. But naturally there were a few slight delays and by the time we walked off I was in Full-On Go Mode.

Oh I have a very similar mode which my DH affectionately calls my gremlin mode hahaha DH however has not yet learned to just leave me be in this mode but instead will usually instigate me lol

Well the timing for the photo was off and instead of our super awesome hilarious idea (which I’ve forgotten by now), we got this:
https://flic.kr/p/2emEW2W

I feel like photo fails ALWAYS end up being better than anything planned!!​

When we emerged from Mickey’s lair we saw that 7DMT was back up so you can bet your bottom Schrute Buck that we hightailed it back to Fantasyland for a chance to ride!

Schrute buck :rotfl: currently rewatching The Office for the umpteenth time (much to DH's annoyance - don't know why we got married! lol) so this definitely made me LOL!

Since we were nearby we also went for the lantern photo. Jon & I got one done last year but I’m all for more photos and somehow I convinced him to do it again! I wasn’t as pleased with the quality of the photo this time (something about the lighting wasn’t quite as magical) but Buckey and I got a special moment.

I agree, your photos from the previous year were much more magical! Definitely the difference in someone knowing how to really take a photo!

Watching the fireworks from BTMRR has been a goal of mine for years! And it sounds like your experience did not disappoint.

I was about to comment on what a bummer it would have been had you missed 7DMT during the party, but I was glad to see it got up and running again while you were there.

Love the photos with the Mickey Premium bars in front of the castle. Kind of sums up the party!

The pics from this night are filled with so much joy! :) Like a bunch of kids loose in the Magic Kingdom for the evening!

:rotfl::rotfl2:
We were truly like children. That's the magic of Disney!

For some reason, coming up with a chapter title is always impossible to me
I feel like there's so much pressure to really perform in that area and it can be stressful!

I'm pretty sure Full-On Go Mode is my default.
Glad I'm not alone :P

Oh I have a very similar mode which my DH affectionately calls my gremlin mode hahaha DH however has not yet learned to just leave me be in this mode but instead will usually instigate me lol
HAHAHAH gremlin mode!

much to DH's annoyance - don't know why we got married! lol
Oh man hopefully he comes around to the light side and realizes the magnificence that is The Office

Watching the fireworks from BTMRR has been a goal of mine for years! And it sounds like your experience did not disappoint.

I was about to comment on what a bummer it would have been had you missed 7DMT during the party, but I was glad to see it got up and running again while you were there.

Love the photos with the Mickey Premium bars in front of the castle. Kind of sums up the party!
I hope you get a chance to watch them from the ride sometime- it's so fun!

Loved all the photos you guys took, looks like you had a blast.
Thank you! And yes we had an amazing time :D

"Tolerance for people gone"

I would like to start off by saying that I hope all my American friends out there are enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. If you have been affected by the loss of a loved one who gave the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country, know that today I am thinking of you and I would like to express my sincere gratitude for their service.

On a slightly lighter note, while I adore the board update some of my favorite formatting options are now gone. So please know that it affects you in no way at all but that I am a little sad that my favorite dark magenta-ish font color is no more.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

The morning after DAH always tends to come a little early and this one was no exception. But we had a big beautiful day ahead of us and sleep is for the weak so up and ready we got and made our way to the bus station.
We ended up waiting for a bus for 30 minutes (plus we were already a little behind schedule since we were moving a little slow that morning) and we took advantage of the morning light and ridiculous wait to snap some selfies.

When we made it to Epcot security was (naturally) absolutely bonkers and I got stuck in line with the World’s Most Thorough Bag Checker yet again (how do I always find these people??). The original plan was to ride Soarin’ at RD then use a FP for Test Track, but by the time we got through security our Test Track time was almost used up so we skipped Soarin.

[Does anyone else just try to make the ugliest car possible?]

The sun was really bright (and whoever placed the photo for TT was not at the top of their game that day) so our photo was a tiny bit tragic.

But what can you do?

My next note says “tolerance for people is gone” with no other notes to explain why. I’m sure I just reached the point where I snapped and needed to not be surrounded by human beings or in charge of human being or be a functional human being myself. And so we went to Club Cool so that I could club cool down a bit.

BUT FIRST! A magnet!

[Pretend there is a photo of the Figment magnet from iFart because I failed as both a TR writer and an Instagrammer by not getting one]

After getting the magnet and drinking of the plethora of international sweet and carbonated beverages, we went to The Seas to hang with the fishes for a while. The dolphins were being super playful and the AC was being super delightful so we stuck around for a little bit.

We stuck around a little too long and had to powerwalk through the world showcase to get to our lunch reservations. P&A split off to go to Chefs de France and Jon & I continued on to Italy for a first time restaurant for us- Via Napoli.

I started off with a Bellini (when in fake Rome, amirite??) and Jon got a lemonade, I believe. We got the arancini as a starter (which came out wicked fast), I got a quattro fomaggi pizza with the intention of sharing it, but then Jon ordered lasagna so we shared all three! Of the three, the pizza hands down the best.

[Notice the already demolished lasagna. It was really good and I completely forgot to get a photo pre-consumption]

Lunch was finished just in time to catch a Voices of Liberty performance, which was fantastic as usual. You’ll have to trust me on that since I have no photos with which to prove it.

Sorry for failing on the photo front so much today, guys. I’ll try to be better. For your sakes.

But we did get a photo at one of the art stops!

Next up I had to keep a promise for a friend and go pick up the special AP pins for iFart. The line wrapped almost all the way around the pin shop by the fountain but it ended up only taking about 30 minutes. I didn’t write down what Jon did during that time but I’m pretty sure he just sat on a bench somewhere and played on his phone. Thank tha lawrd for technology.

We stopped for a PhotoPass to commemorate our time at iFart (yes, I’m just trying to write iFart as much as possible).

We also stopped at a photographer near the entrance to the world showcase and I wanted to get a picture with Spaceship Earth in the background. Unfortunately the photographer didn’t get the memo that I would like a good picture in front of Spaceship Earth. So this is what we got:

On our way back to the world showcase I got a little bit star struck. We passed by one of the tables next to a festival booth and I had to do a double take. I grabbed Jon and said, “Jon! I think that’s Tom Bricker!” and he was like “Who’s that?” and I was like “IT’S DEFINITELY TOM BRICKER. I WANT TO SAY HI.”

If you don’t know who Tom Bricker is (first of all, I’m sorry for you), he is the creator of the Disney Tourist Blog. He’s part of the reason I have the Disney obsession I have today and he is my inspiration to become a better photographer.

So now comes the fun part. I am incredibly shy, especially around meeting new people and I stood frozen in place for several moments debating with myself internally on whether or not I should approach Tom and his lovely wife Sarah to say hi. Meanwhile Jon stood nearby with what I can only assume was a confounded look on his face since I hadn’t said anything since my previous exclamation.

Finally I decided that I would go to the bathroom and if they were still there when I came back then I would say hi.
Oh, and did I mention that I was very obviously staring at them the whole time (before I went to the bathroom, not during) and that Sarah and I made awkward eye contact? I imagine that when I left to answer the call of nature she leaned over and warned Tom about the strange girl standing 15 feet away starting at them like Ginny stares at Harry when they first meet.

But I did come back and they were indeed still there and I kept my promise to myself and went to say hi. I would like to think that it came out very smooth and cool but I’m fairly certain it went more like “HIILOVEYOURBLOGANDYOUREAGREATPHOTOGRAPHERSORRYTOBOTHERYOUBYE.”

Floating on air we walked away to go meet P&A in Mexico and go on a little Gran Fiesta Tour (haha get it. “Little” gran fiesta?). Then I took some pictures of A and the really beautiful Coco-inspired ears that she made.

[Beautiful lady with some beautiful ears right there]

The posted wait time for Soarin’ wasn’t terrible and P&A wanted to ride it since they hadn’t seen the Around the World version yet. I kind of needed some alone time so I left them to that and went on a little photo tour and shopping spree. So I now present Ann’s photo tour of Epcot (but mostly Spaceship Earth):

[So apparently I reached my photo limit on this post so I'm going to make a photo dump post right after this for all the pictures I took since I'm too indecisive to actually cut any out]

[I love this aesthetic so much]

I also stopped at a photopass stop to get some solo pictures.

[Apparently this lady really wanted to be in the picture with me]

I meandered over to the Imagination building to try to get some photos of the monorail going by and got some shots of the area:

Jon and P&A met me over there when they got off the ride and I convinced A to get a photo of us so we could show off our Disneybound for the day:

Any guesses for this one??

We decided to stop in at the DVC lounge (yeah that came out kind of casual but I was definitely sooo excited to get to go to the DVC lounge for the first time) and we got a snack and a drink and a celebratory button!

I really hope they don’t cut this lounge out like they’ve been cutting out other DVC perks because it’s a nice little spot to rest.

P had one request for our Epcot time and that was a chance to go to France and get some lemon sorbet, so back through the world showcase we went. We stopped at the mural first to get our art on.

When we got to France, we let the boys head to L’Artisan des Glaces while A and I headed to the festival booth to get some frose.

Oh man this stuff is good. I need more frose in my life.

The boys still weren’t out yet so we hit up the art photo nearby.

[We call this Millennial Garden Party]
Finally the menfolk emerged with sorbet in hand. Turns out the sorbet wasn’t on the regular menu and P almost had a breakdown, until he noticed that it just happened to be the special flavor at the time. Breakdown avoided.

Jon wanted to pop in and watch Impressions de France since we’re going to France this year, so they finished up their sorbet and we watched it. It’s exciting to think that we’ll be at some of those sites in just a few months! (And if you want to read more about our planning adventures- check out the PTR
HERE)

After being thoroughly impressed by France, we decided it was time to leave the park so we closed the world showcase loop and made our way to the monorail, with one last photopass stop on the way:

And I got a few more shots of Spaceship Earth for the road. I guess just check out the photo dump for these since I'm still over my limit.

And with that we were away!

DON’T USE FLASH DURING FIREWORKS

One last update for you folks today. I'm trying to crank this thing out before my free time gets sucked up into musical rehearsals. I've only got two days left in the trip to cover so hopefully I can finish them up soon!

When last you saw us, we were on our way out of Epcot. Well I can now relieve the suspense and let you know that we boarded a monorail bound for the Magic Kingdom. It was finally time for P&A to experience Happily Ever After the right way.

But first we needed to eat! The group decided that Casey’s sounded good and I’m not one to ever say no to a hot dog. Jon and I shared the foot long bacon mac and cheese dog. Also did I just read somewhere that Casey’s won’t have foot long hot dogs anymore? This is an absolute tragedy. I just want that to be said.

[I think P&A got the same thing but I’m not sure…]

As usual, seating around Casey’s was nuts but we did manage to snag a standing table around the corner. Not the best option after a long day of park touring but hey we’re used to it.

Jon wanted some ice cream afterwards so he went over to the Plaza to fill his frozen dairy needs. While he was away, P&A talked about getting some dole whips but we decided to grab them after the show, so we went ahead and got a spot for the fireworks in the hub.

Jon joined us and finished his ice cream while we waited for the show to start. We had a really good spot but unfortunately we had to share it with some super obnoxious people. When the show started we had to ask a lady to take off her massive Goofy hat because it was blocking our entire view. Then she and her party proceeded to take photos of each other during the show WITH THE FLASH ON for a good 15 minutes. I don’t even have the energy to explain what kind of feelings that stirred up in me.

Then on the other side there was a group of teenage boys who were talking loudly and singing annoyingly throughout the show and moving around and just being ridiculously tall (I know I can’t blame them for being tall but by that point I was pretty much done with everything about them).

Needless to say it was not a magical first HEA experience for P&A. They were tired and having to deal with the people around us made them (understandably) a little cranky and they decided to just leave right when the show was done.

I feel bad because I had built up HEA so much because I absolutely love it and then they had to see it like that. It’s a lot easier for me to stomach one bad experience because I go to the parks often enough that I can make up for it. But it really makes me mad when my friends have a bad time because this was their first trip back in 6 years and they weren’t sure when they would come again. Anyway. I think I’ve reached my quote for complaining for this update.

I really wanted to go get a citrus cream swirl and we still had an hour of park time so Jon and I fought the crowds to get over to Adventureland only to find out that Sunshine Tree Terrace was closed.

Womp womp.

After that disappointment we decided to call it a night and made our way down Main Street. I decided to stop and get a treat from the confectionary to make up for the lack of citrus cream swirls in my life. It took a bit to decide but in the end I chose a birthday cake candy apple and had them slice it for me. I don’t think Jon got anything, which should come as a shock to you all. It certainly did for me.

[Apparently we stopped to view the MK again, since we wouldn’t be back again on this trip. I’m actually getting a little sad because I still have a full year before I’m back at my beloved MK again]

Treats in tow we made it to our bus stop and eventually back to our room, where we watched some How I Met Your Mother while I snacked on my candy apple and sipped some Coke Zero. As simple as that sounds, it was honestly amazing after a rough couple of hours.

The following day was meant to be our earliest, since we wanted to RD Slinky Dog at DHS, but we got a text from P saying that they would rather just sleep in the next morning and would meet us there once they were ready.

We totally understood needing to rest and wished them a good night’s sleep. I think Jon was hopeful that I would also say I didn’t want to RD but he was not in luck. Remember when I said I purposefully did not visit TSL during my solo birthday trip? Yeah there was no way I wasn’t going to ride SDD and we didn’t have a FP and wouldn’t be at DHS near close so RD was our best option.

And with that teaser I will let you go. Good night and good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!