Fishing excursion info

M&M's

Matt and Mel
Here's a direct copy from Disney's web site. A few things to note: only 5 guests, so one roundtable member would get a "get out of jail free" card. Also, there are many different times, so Pete has no excuse that it's too early. I for one would love to hear this, or maybe even see this if y'all felt like not being shy for once. :thumbsup2

Bay Lake & Seven Seas Lagoon Fishing Excursions

Guided Bass Fishing excursions serving the Magic Kingdom resort area in the Bay Lake & Seven Seas Lagoon area which includes:

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter
Coronado Springs
Caribbean Beach
Yacht & Beach Club
Boardwalk Inn
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Downtown Disney Marina

Times & Prices:

Maximum 5 guests per boat:

7:00am - 9:00am
10:00am - 12:00pm
7:00am - 12:00pm
10:00am - 2:00pm
1:30pm - 3:30pm
PRICE: $125 per person (tax exempt)

Includes: Fishing equipment, rod, reel, artificial bait, shiners, and beverage for refreshments. Guests may not bring their own food, beverage, or coolers. Guests may bring their own equipment, but the price remains the same. Guests will receive a voucher for a free BASS Membership which includes 11 issues of Bass Magazine.

Reservations: Can be made 90 days ahead of time and are equired 24 hours in advance. Guests can contact (407) WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529), or any Walt Disney World Resort Guest Service location (8-285-6730).

Cancellations: Reservation are required. 24-hour notice required for cancellations. A credit card or resort ID is required at the time of the reservation. Guests failing to show or who do not cancel with at least 24-hour notice will be charged in full.

Do you think Pete will pull rank :rotfl:

The reaction to the early start was hilarious :lmao: "Are you talking to me...."

$125 to touch slimy worms and smell like the catch of the day. :eek: Count me out!!!!
How much is V&A, hmmmm tough decision!

Here's a direct copy from Disney's web site. A few things to note: only 5 guests, so one roundtable member would get a "get out of jail free" card. Also, there are many different times, so Pete has no excuse that it's too early. I for one would love to hear this, or maybe even see this if y'all felt like not being shy for once. :thumbsup2

Bay Lake & Seven Seas Lagoon Fishing Excursions

Guided Bass Fishing excursions serving the Magic Kingdom resort area in the Bay Lake & Seven Seas Lagoon area which includes:

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter
Coronado Springs
Caribbean Beach
Yacht & Beach Club
Boardwalk Inn
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Downtown Disney Marina

Times & Prices:

Maximum 5 guests per boat:

7:00am - 9:00am
10:00am - 12:00pm
7:00am - 12:00pm
10:00am - 2:00pm
1:30pm - 3:30pm
PRICE: $125 per person (tax exempt)

Includes: Fishing equipment, rod, reel, artificial bait, shiners, and beverage for refreshments. Guests may not bring their own food, beverage, or coolers. Guests may bring their own equipment, but the price remains the same. Guests will receive a voucher for a free BASS Membership which includes 11 issues of Bass Magazine.

Reservations: Can be made 90 days ahead of time and are equired 24 hours in advance. Guests can contact (407) WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529), or any Walt Disney World Resort Guest Service location (8-285-6730).

Cancellations: Reservation are required. 24-hour notice required for cancellations. A credit card or resort ID is required at the time of the reservation. Guests failing to show or who do not cancel with at least 24-hour notice will be charged in full.

This price in INCORRECT. We took our first fishing excursion in Sept 2006, from Old Key West marina, 4 people on the boat, price was $225. Another one a couple of days later, also from Old Key West, $225. Our third one was in April 2007, from Boardwalk dock, 4 people on the boat,price was $235. Finally our last fishing excursion was in May 2007, from the Yacht Club marina, we had 8 poeple, took 2 boats, price was $235 each boat.

The price is per boat, up to 5 people, $235. This is for a pontoon style boat. This also includes a years subscription to BASS magazine. (We have 4 years now.;) )

Additional information: along with rods, bait, etc being included, the guides also bait your hooks and take the fish off the hooks for you. You can hold your fish for pictures if you want to, but you don't have to touch them at all.

I haven't listened to this weeks podcast yet, to know why this subject even came up, but I just wanted to give this information. Now that being said there are other fishing excursions available, I believe there is another kind of boat available at some marinas, only 2 guests allowed and they are $125 per person.

I don't think the price has changed since our last fishing excursion. I saw this incorrect price reported last October and therefore thought we wouldn't be doing fishing excursions in the spring, but when I called the price had just gone up $10.

WDWMay2007429.jpg

WDWMay2007422.jpg

<------still doesnt want to fish.

5 in a boat
2 in a boat
cute kids with fish

Great

<----still doesnt want to fish

<------still doesnt want to fish.

5 in a boat
2 in a boat
cute kids with fish

Great

<----still doesnt want to fish

Aw, come on Kevin! Just think of all the bonding you guys will do :lmao: I actually PMed Julie the info on the DIS which lists all of the different fishing excursions. Have fun :goodvibes

But Kevin, like I said, you don't even have to touch the fish. The guide will do everything, all you have to do is reel it in. It's the best way to fish, none of the dirty work. Wait, it's the 'Disney' way to fish.

Not listening....

Fingers in ears....

LA LA LA LA LA LA

I'm going to apologize up front because this is where I upset the fishing folks...

Paying $125 to sit on a boat in the hot Florida sun to pluck unsuspecting fish out of Bay Lake with a metal hook through their lip seems like torture to me and the fish.

Now...if I was trapped on a deserted island and I was fishing because I was hungry....well thats different...I believe in the old "eat or be eaten" adage....but I'm not going to eat the Disney fish.

On top of all of that....I fear for Bob and Julie's safety. Bob because he's going to want to teach me how to fish...and Julie because this was her idea.

I can see the headline now "5 left the dock and only 3 returned".

And I'm too pretty to go to prison.

Not listening....

Fingers in ears....

LA LA LA LA LA LA

I'm going to apologize up front because this is where I upset the fishing folks...

Paying $125 to sit on a boat in the hot Florida sun to pluck unsuspecting fish out of Bay Lake with a metal hook through their lip seems like torture to me and the fish.

Now...if I was trapped on a deserted island and I was fishing because I was hungry....well thats different...I believe in the old "eat or be eaten" adage....but I'm not going to eat the Disney fish.

On top of all of that....I fear for Bob and Julie's safety. Bob because he's going to want to teach me how to fish...and Julie because this was her idea.

I can see the headline now "5 left the dock and only 3 returned".

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

At least you'd be (almost) guaranteed the fish wouldn't be frozen!

Can you imagine how hilarious that segment would be. OMG.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Bob patiently trying to teach Kevin how to fish...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks. It's been a while and I had forgotten how iced coffee tasted through the nose. I still prefer drinking it through the mouth though.

As for the info I posted, it was a straight cut and paste from Disney's website, so if it's wrong, blame Disney!

And based on the podcast and this thread, it sounds like this may come down to a three person excursion. Hopefully Bob will take off the kaht cam and bring it onboard with himself, Corey, and Julie.

It could be a special edition of kaht cam, like schoonah cam or something (even though it's not a schooner, it's the only thing I could think of that ended with 'er'!)

Can you see it now?

Bawb on the boat, on his kaht, and tooling along at 2 miles an hour screaming "I'm the King of the World?"

Where is that train noisemaker?

Can you see it now?

Bawb on the boat, on his kaht, and tooling along at 2 miles an hour screaming "I'm the King of the World?"

Where is that train noisemaker?
Well if he's Leo's character, then who will play Kate Winslet's character? Kevin......? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter