Fish extenders

Shantel Casiano

Earning My Ears
Ok, I think someone mentioned here about fish extenders.... Going on the fantasy in October... Anyone know how it works and how to participate?

You are also welcome to start one. There are plenty of people here who would be happy to help you figure out what needs to be done.

If that doesn't work, some groups choose to organize on social media.

We did it when we cruised several years ago. It was fun and I would probably do it again. We had about 15 people in our group. I will say it took me a while to get all the gifts together and they took up space in my suitcase. Then it took me about 45 minutes to deliver to all the cabins. I packed up each families things by cabin # and used a map to make sure I went in order when I made deliveries b/c i did not want to backtrack. I went out one night around 11 pm once my family was asleep and made the deliveries . We received some neat things and also some "meh" things. Again, id do it again, just keep in mind it takes time to make the "gifts" , arrange them, minimize the space they take up and deliver them. If i do it again, I may just do a family gift instead of an item for each person in each family. As mentioned above, find a group in the link in the post above to find a group. There are lots of ideas on pinterest of what kinds of gift to make and how to make Fish Extender to hold your items.

We've participated in fish extenders 4-5 times. It's fun. I try to keep my gifts as something that can be used at home or another time. Pinterest has tons of ideas, especially if you are crafty. One of my fav gifts to give is an embroidered washcloth. I put a small Disney design in the corner and recommend using it as a soap dish on the cruise. It keeps the sink tidy and the soap from getting mushy.

Besides gifts for the cabins in your group, you will need some type of bag, or Fish Extender, to hang on your fish outside your cabin door to receive gifts. We use a zip tie to keep ours securely on our fish. You can make your own, order one, or just use a cute bag. There are lots of tutorials online if you'd like to make one. We have participated on all 4 of our Disney cruises and love it. Delivering gifts is a great way to explore the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter