First Welcome Home- Waitlist & Dining Question

TheEnchantedRose

Make magical memories before the last petal falls
After months of waiting, I have finally booked my first trip.

I have a 1 bedroom for Sept 4-7 at AKV. However, I waitlisted a 1 bedroom for Boardwalk (my home). When I created the waitlist, a notification said that I would lose any dining reservations if my waitlist went through. As the 180-day window opens tomorrow, I would like more clarification on this.

I have not seen anyone mention, on these boards, that their waitlist got rid of their dining reservations, which is why I am a bit confused.

Help. Please and thank you. :-)

After months of waiting, I have finally booked my first trip.

I have a 1 bedroom for Sept 4-7 at AKV. However, I waitlisted a 1 bedroom for Boardwalk (my home). When I created the waitlist, a notification said that I would lose any dining reservations if my waitlist went through. As the 180-day window opens tomorrow, I would like more clarification on this.

I have not seen anyone mention, on these boards, that their waitlist got rid of their dining reservations, which is why I am a bit confused.

Help. Please and thank you. :-)
I thought the alert is that you would lose any Dining Package (not reservations) you had not the actual reservation. Perhaps others can answer this for you more definitively.

Was this your message (I was curious what my account showed to give a better answer): "If your Waitlist request is confirmed and you would like it to replace an existing booking, select the booking below to be replaced. Any Disney dining plans associated with the replaced booking will be cancelled and refunded." This is if you decide to buy the Dining Plan it is independent of the reservations, and you have add it to a reservation I believe 30 days prior to check-in. So if you satisfy a waitlist within the 30 day window then I believe you can't add the Dining Plan back.

Good luck on your waitlist; I've heard it suggested many times to keep looking at the availability you might be able to build out the stay yourself on a day by day basis (walking from the back or front end of your stay). Though limitations there is you might have to switch resorts if all the days don't come through.

Was this your message (I was curious what my account showed to give a better answer): "If your Waitlist request is confirmed and you would like it to replace an existing booking, select the booking below to be replaced. Any Disney dining plans associated with the replaced booking will be cancelled and refunded." This is if you decide to buy the Dining Plan it is independent of the reservations, and you have add it to a reservation I believe 30 days prior to check-in. So if you satisfy a waitlist within the 30 day window then I believe you can't add the Dining Plan back.

Good luck on your waitlist; I've heard it suggested many times to keep looking at the availability you might be able to build out the stay yourself on a day by day basis (walking from the back or front end of your stay). Though limitations there is you might have to switch resorts if all the days don't come through.

Maybe that was my message! I can't find it again now. Well, I hope that is the case as I don't plan on buying a dining plan in the first place.

Thanks for your help!

You won't lose dining reservations. Promise. They aren't tied to the resort stay save in terms of date you can begin booking. People can make 180 ADRs who aren't even staying onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!