First week of Paradise Pier and Main Street Closures

If any of the walls on Main Street start to come down will someone post pictures? Since they started at the hub and town square, I'm hoping those come down first. Even if they opened up half the hub it would be a huge improvement so you could walk between lands a little easier.
I need to learn how to post pictures in my comments instead of as separate uploads... but I will if I see any changes and no one else has posted first. We’ve ended up in the parks way more than usual so far in February!

If any of the walls on Main Street start to come down will someone post pictures? Since they started at the hub and town square, I'm hoping those come down first. Even if they opened up half the hub it would be a huge improvement so you could walk between lands a little easier.

I was there today and all of the walls are still up, both on Main Street and in Fantasyland. I actually caught a glimpse "behind the walls" when a worker went in a door in the wall near the castle hub (apparantly they work during the day). Everything was all torn up in there so I wouldn't expect any walls to come down anytime soon!

I was there today and all of the walls are still up, both on Main Street and in Fantasyland. I actually caught a glimpse "behind the walls" when a worker went in a door in the wall near the castle hub (apparantly they work during the day). Everything was all torn up in there so I wouldn't expect any walls to come down anytime soon!
Haha, I think our Disney lives are pretty similar lately! I was there today and saw a worker come out of the flagpole hub (with a giant cooler!) and it was still pretty disheveled in there, too. Did you brave any of the “Disney couple” lines?

Haha, I think our Disney lives are pretty similar lately! I was there today and saw a worker come out of the flagpole hub (with a giant cooler!) and it was still pretty disheveled in there, too. Did you brave any of the “Disney couple” lines?

Awwwww man! Would love to meet a fellow DISer. Nope, we didn't do any character meets today but I saw some princes here and there!
P.S. I've been going entirely too much lately (according to my husband, ha ha). I truly have a Disney addiction!

Super appreciate the updates.

Will be there this weekend and it's very helpful being able to share these pictures with my mom's friend that will be with us. Her youngest son will likely need DAS and I want to make sure she's got all the information I can give her about what to realistically expect.

Awwwww man! Would love to meet s fellow DISer. Nope, we didn't do any character meets today but I saw some princes here and there!
We waited about 30-40 minutes for Aurora and Prince Phillip because that’s my favorite Disney movie... the Ariel/Prince Eric line was over 90 minutes! Crazy! I just saw your other post; we got a heart macaron, too. So cute and yummy!

Back on topic: one thing that’s a problem with the Main Street walls is that if you’re in the street, the walkway that’s left is too narrow for two sets of wheels to pass each other. So if you have a stroller or ECV, I recommend staying on the sidewalk so you don’t get stuck!

I appreciate the updates as well - it's been great to set the expectations of my family as our first park day is March 3rd.

A co-worker showed me a picture sent to her by her friends who were at DL this week. It looks like the partner's statue is not blocked in anymore. Can anyone confirm? my trip is done, but I'm guessing a lot of anxious people will want to know

A co-worker showed me a picture sent to her by her friends who were at DL this week. It looks like the partner's statue is not blocked in anymore. Can anyone confirm? my trip is done, but I'm guessing a lot of anxious people will want to know
The walls around he hub came down overnight Sunday to Monday. The rest of mainstreet and town square is still walled off as of last night.

Just saw on Instagram that the walls around town square are down so it’s just Main Street that’s walled off now and they’ve put up walls by the firehouse/Walt’s apartment to replace the track that leads to backstage.

Just saw on Instagram that the walls around town square are down so it’s just Main Street that’s walled off now and they’ve put up walls by the firehouse/Walt’s apartment to replace the track that leads to backstage.

I just saw this on Snapchat as well - that is great news - much more room to move around.

Oh I'm so relieved! It's my first time trip on March 8th and I didn't want the walls ruining it. Can handle the main Street ones.

do you mind sharing what page you follow on instagram?

Ugh! Reminds me of all that construction back in 2011.

That was my only trip - for the Half Marathon - so I really feel like my late July birthday trip is my first time. :) Hopefully the Pixar stuff stays on schedule - assuming it does it will be open just under a month before I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!