First week of Paradise Pier and Main Street Closures

The schedule shows Casey train and the Canal boats being back up by early March so that is hopeful at least.

Thank you everyone for all the updates. I’m feeling hopeful for our end of March trip. :thanks::flower3:

I feel so bad for people visiting now during their once in a lifetime trip. Very unforunate to see all the walls, and especially those ugly black tarps!

What’s the current state of Main St? From what I’ve seen in this thread they’ve only added walls and nothing has come down yet. Is that correct? I’m heading to the park next weekend and just curious what we’re in for.

What’s the current state of Main St? From what I’ve seen in this thread they’ve only added walls and nothing has come down yet. Is that correct? I’m heading to the park next weekend and just curious what we’re in for.
Correct, the entire street is now boarded up along with the hub and town square. There are 3 walk through points. One just before the hub, one in the middle by Carnation Cafe, and one by Town Square.

Correct, the entire street is now boarded up along with the hub and town square. There are 3 walk through points. One just before the hub, one in the middle by Carnation Cafe, and one by Town Square.
Thanks for confirming

First time trip to DL and wow..lots of closures :(

What I'm trying to figure out is parades & fireworks. Disney's calendar isn't showing anything for our dates 2/28 & 3/1 but what i'm seeing online is that Mickey's Soundsational Parade and Remember...Dreams Come True fireworks are operational. Thankfully it looks like World of color is happening since it IS on the calendar or could that be closed too? We're staying Club Level at Paradise Pier and I was really looking forward to seeing all the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk. I guess this will be a "teaser" trip and we'll have to come visit again. BTW it would be nice if our WDW AP's got us some sort of discounts here even if it were retail. (but thats really a whole separate convo LOL)

What I'm trying to figure out is parades & fireworks. Disney's calendar isn't showing anything for our dates 2/28 & 3/1 but what i'm seeing online is that Mickey's Soundsational Parade and Remember...Dreams Come True fireworks are operational. Thankfully it looks like World of color is happening since it IS on the calendar or could that be closed too? We're staying Club Level at Paradise Pier and I was really looking forward to seeing all the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk. I guess this will be a "teaser" trip and we'll have to come visit again. BTW it would be nice if our WDW AP's got us some sort of discounts here even if it were retail. (but thats really a whole separate convo LOL)
No parades and no fireworks. Parades were never on the schedule because they are moving the parade gate by small world and the Main Street construction. They originally were going to try and do fireworks with the Main Street construction but that got canned before the construction started.

No parades and no fireworks. Parades were never on the schedule because they are moving the parade gate by small world and the Main Street construction. They originally were going to try and do fireworks with the Main Street construction but that got canned before the construction started.

well dang the luck. thanks for the quick reply

If any of the walls on Main Street start to come down will someone post pictures? Since they started at the hub and town square, I'm hoping those come down first. Even if they opened up half the hub it would be a huge improvement so you could walk between lands a little easier.

If it makes you feel any better - there would not have been Fireworks on Feb 28th or March 1st regardless of the construction as fireworks are only held on weekends that time of year.

If it makes you feel any better - there would not have been Fireworks on Feb 28th or March 1st regardless of the construction as fireworks are only held on weekends that time of year.

thank you! yes it does make it better :D it's going to be a wonderful trip regardless of walls or tarps LOL

thank you! yes it does make it better :D it's going to be a wonderful trip regardless of walls or tarps LOL

Our very first trip to DLR was in March of 2012 when Disney California Adventure was all walled up - we didn't know any different - we had a marvelous time - honestly you can have a great time no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter