First week of Paradise Pier and Main Street Closures

What :eek: Churros are $4.75 ! what are Disney thinking?? are they getting greedy...When I was there in February 2014 I don't remember things being quite this bad....or expensive.:confused3

Prices are going up for everything. :( Even if for now, you only get access of a portion of the park.

That boat has arrived and sent for the rest of the fleet! Not only are prices keep going up for everything, the parks are morphing into generic land. The little details are slowly being replaced with what ever costs less. Quality is going down.

I was going to say that the park seems to be turning into a "Look at what we just bought park". When they announced the StarWarsLand, a possible MarvelLand and PixarLand. I was sad.:(

Soon it will be totally unaffordable and totally lose it's charm. I sure hope that's not the case.

I was going to say that the park seems to be turning into a "Look at what we just bought park". When they announced the StarWarsLand, a possible MarvelLand and PixarLand. I was sad.:(

Soon it will be totally unaffordable and totally lose it's charm. I sure hope that's not the case.

I agree with you totally, it is getting quite expensive & i dont want it to lose that "Disney' feel.
I know some people wont agree but i dont find Star Wars or Marvel to relate to Disney when i think of Disneyland or DisneyWorld.
When i think of Disney i think of Mickey & Minnie & friends & the Princesses.

We just got back from Disneyland a few days ago, the walls on main street really do detract from the atmosphere. The were walls when you first walk in (round about area) that go half way down main street. Then more walls in from of the castle (near the second round about). It was hard to believe when we saw it in person how much it takes away from the castle view. We went to California Adventure the next day and there were lots of walls up near Toy Story Mania. Thankfully TSMM was up and running, which is our favorite ride.

Just left.... wow, so much construction going on there right now...both parks look pretty bad and really does feel like a LOT is closed. I know it’s usually like that this time of year. But this year is especially bad.

There is no getting past how ugly that is - we arrive in just over 4 weeks and it's not looking good that any of this will be back to normal. If we didn't need to just get away this winter, since we didn't last, I'd put this off and come next year with all this construction. At least I have pictures so I can warn the rest of the gang! So thanks for sharing. I am actually surprised the Fire Marshall considers this safe. :confused3

Are the walls at the hub and near the train station still up too?

Yes and they are now slightly bigger since it's no longer a circular wall... each hub has a longer wall segment coming down the center of Main Street although the one from the hub in front of the castle is much longer. Much of Main Street is blocked off. It doesn't look great.

There is no getting past how ugly that is - we arrive in just over 4 weeks and it's not looking good that any of this will be back to normal. If we didn't need to just get away this winter, since we didn't last, I'd put this off and come next year with all this construction. At least I have pictures so I can warn the rest of the gang! So thanks for sharing. I am actually surprised the Fire Marshall considers this safe. :confused3

I think there is a good chance it will at least be better in four weeks if not totally done.

Yes and they are now slightly bigger since it's no longer a circular wall... each hub has a longer wall segment coming down the center of Main Street although the one from the hub in front of the castle is much longer. Much of Main Street is blocked off. It doesn't look great.

I initially thought they’d do this in sections and remove the walls as they finished each part, but this has me thinking maybe they’ll leave all of the walls up until the end and do a “big reveal” when it’s all completed.

I initially thought they’d do this in sections and remove the walls as they finished each part, but this has me thinking maybe they’ll leave all of the walls up until the end and do a “big reveal” when it’s all completed.

Brickwork? I can't see that as a big reveal, most people won't even notice the difference - I certainly hope as the work is done they remove it in sections but they don't make these decisions based on what people want - as they do not have to - they can do whatever they want and people still flock there.

Brickwork? I can't see that as a big reveal, most people won't even notice the difference - I certainly hope as the work is done they remove it in sections but they don't make these decisions based on what people want - as they do not have to - they can do whatever they want and people still flock there.
I agree. It seems crazy to me too, but the fact that they only added walls makes me wonder.

this looks awful. when is main street open again? they are replacing the tracks?

It really did look awful. We were there last weekend for our last trip for the next couple years, and it was truly disappointing to experience it like that. But, at the same time, I do understand they need to make improvements. This one is unfortunately truly distracting. It hasn't been this bad since the whole CA redo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!