First week of Paradise Pier and Main Street Closures

So, dumb question, can you still get in front of the castle/partners for photos? or is this what we have to look at to see the castle? i had no idea this eye sore was going to be there. we arrive Monday.

It appears you can get in front of the castle but NOT the partners statue - that would be blocked off for now. Sadly. I am hoping this has moved down to main street by March.

It appears you can get in front of the castle but NOT the partners statue - that would be blocked off for now. Sadly. I am hoping this has moved down to main street by March.

This is correct, the partners statue is completely blocked off (you can see it peeking out over the top of the wall around the entirety of the hub). The food stands that are usually in the hub are gone as well.

At least DIS members will know what to expect for our up coming trips.

Can you imagine the surprise for guests unaware of Disney's construction plan?

Thanks for all the pictures. It let's me know not to bother with the area over on the Pier...

Maybe someone will come up with Disney's construction schedule. Dates for certain portions would be nice.

Geemo

I went with my almost-3-year-old son today for the first time since we were blacked out for the holidays. This is the first week of all the closures and working being done in both parks. I shared some photos in another thread but here are some more:

Main Street (hub compelely blocked off)

That is @#!! UGLY!
Thank you for sharing this. I was wondering what it would look like. I guess going anytime soon is a bad idea.

Are Disney tickets discounted this time of year? with the ride closures & all the renovations, no fireworks or parades its not going to be anywhere near as magical it would normally would be.

Are Disney tickets discounted this time of year? with the ride closures & all the renovations, no fireworks or parades its not going to be anywhere near as magical it would normally would be.
I doubt it, regretfully. And I so agree too. But hey churros are now $4.75

I doubt it, regretfully. And I so agree too. But hey churros are now $4.75

What :eek: Churros are $4.75 ! what are Disney thinking?? are they getting greedy...When I was there in February 2014 I don't remember things being quite this bad....or expensive.:confused3

:scared: that looks awful! I love DCA and the Pier, really hate to see it this way. Our first trip to DLR was when they were building Carsland, the walls greeted us at the entrance ;) But the Pier was so pretty.

Ugh. That looks so awful. Our trip in a couple weeks will be our last for the next three years or so- we are taking a self imposed Disney break. I'm so disappointed the pretty Main St views are so awful looking.

what are they doing with Main Street & the hub?
They are replacing the tracks for the horse-drawn cart, and also replacing the concrete of Main Street with bricks of some kind. It'll probably look terrific when it's done, but it surely does not now!

LOL! Getting greedy? It seems to me that boat has already arrived and some time ago at that! :(

That boat has arrived and sent for the rest of the fleet! Not only are prices keep going up for everything, the parks are morphing into generic land. The little details are slowly being replaced with what ever costs less. Quality is going down.

That boat has arrived and sent for the rest of the fleet! Not only are prices keep going up for everything, the parks are morphing into generic land. The little details are slowly being replaced with what ever costs less. Quality is going down.
The same thing happened here with one of our Theme Parks in OZ & one of their rides killed 3 or 4 people last year from poor maintenance & rides are constantly breaking down. because they went that way of what ever costs less.
They stopped taking notice of the little details like letting the paint work go & started closing food stalls & stopping shows etc.....

They are replacing the tracks for the horse-drawn cart, and also replacing the concrete of Main Street with bricks of some kind. It'll probably look terrific when it's done, but it surely does not now!
I expect the new tracks and hard surface, to look like the tracks in DCA for the trolly.
74bfae21484f2a267b4998909ad9ab3e.jpg

The Main Street stuff will be done by June, right? My sisters and I are hoping to go June 18-22, and it will be only my 2nd time there. I would be mad if Main Street looked like that. I’m hoping the new Pier is open by then too, but I know that’s uncertain. I hope that if it’s closed it at least looks normal from across the lagoon.

The Main Street stuff will be done by June, right? My sisters and I are hoping to go June 18-22, and it will be only my 2nd time there. I would be mad if Main Street looked like that. I’m hoping the new Pier is open by then too, but I know that’s uncertain. I hope that if it’s closed it at least looks normal from across the lagoon.
Yes. Pixar Pier and new Pixar themed fireworks in DL are slated to open mid-April. They won't do that with Main Street like it is now.

This project is supppse to be done before spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!