First week of Paradise Pier and Main Street Closures

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by SOCALMouseMommy, Jan 10, 2018.

1. sherilaine

sherilaine DIS Veteran

It appears you can get in front of the castle but NOT the partners statue - that would be blocked off for now. Sadly. I am hoping this has moved down to main street by March.

RedHotMama and monorailrabbit like this.
  2. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

This is correct, the partners statue is completely blocked off (you can see it peeking out over the top of the wall around the entirety of the hub). The food stands that are usually in the hub are gone as well.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Geemo

Geemo DIS Veteran

At least DIS members will know what to expect for our up coming trips.

Can you imagine the surprise for guests unaware of Disney's construction plan?

Thanks for all the pictures. It let's me know not to bother with the area over on the Pier...

Maybe someone will come up with Disney's construction schedule. Dates for certain portions would be nice.

Geemo

TheZue, RedHotMama, Gisele and 3 others like this.
  5. Gisele

Gisele The real LA bayou

That is @#!! UGLY!
    Thank you for sharing this. I was wondering what it would look like. I guess going anytime soon is a bad idea.

6. aussiejen

aussiejen Mouseketeer

Are Disney tickets discounted this time of year? with the ride closures & all the renovations, no fireworks or parades its not going to be anywhere near as magical it would normally would be.

Gisele likes this.
  7. Gisele

Gisele The real LA bayou

I doubt it, regretfully. And I so agree too. But hey churros are now $4.75

8. aussiejen

aussiejen Mouseketeer

What :eek: Churros are $4.75 ! what are Disney thinking?? are they getting greedy...When I was there in February 2014 I don't remember things being quite this bad....or expensive.:confused3

Gisele likes this.
  9. donaldanddaisy

donaldanddaisy Mouseketeer

Best Disney magic of our recent trip were 2 free churros -- they had broken so she couldn't sell them and handed them to us!

azdisneylover and RedHotMama like this.
  10. tzeitel

tzeitel Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

:scared: that looks awful! I love DCA and the Pier, really hate to see it this way. Our first trip to DLR was when they were building Carsland, the walls greeted us at the entrance ;) But the Pier was so pretty.

azdisneylover and Gisele like this.
  11. Ellek07

Ellek07 Earning My Ears

YES...it really detracts from the charm. How long is the construction estimated to last?

Gisele likes this.
  12. DharmaLou

DharmaLou Once a Princess, Always a Princess

what are they doing with Main Street & the hub?

13. tiffjoy

tiffjoy DIS Veteran

Ugh. That looks so awful. Our trip in a couple weeks will be our last for the next three years or so- we are taking a self imposed Disney break. I'm so disappointed the pretty Main St views are so awful looking.

Gisele likes this.
  14. Gisele

Gisele The real LA bayou

LOL! Getting greedy? It seems to me that boat has already arrived and some time ago at that! :(

azdisneylover likes this.
  15. Winnowill

Winnowill DIS Veteran

They are replacing the tracks for the horse-drawn cart, and also replacing the concrete of Main Street with bricks of some kind. It'll probably look terrific when it's done, but it surely does not now!

Gisele likes this.
  16. azdisneylover

azdisneylover DIS Veteran

That boat has arrived and sent for the rest of the fleet! Not only are prices keep going up for everything, the parks are morphing into generic land. The little details are slowly being replaced with what ever costs less. Quality is going down.

Gisele likes this.
  17. aussiejen

aussiejen Mouseketeer

The same thing happened here with one of our Theme Parks in OZ & one of their rides killed 3 or 4 people last year from poor maintenance & rides are constantly breaking down. because they went that way of what ever costs less.
    They stopped taking notice of the little details like letting the paint work go & started closing food stalls & stopping shows etc.....

Gisele likes this.
  18. Geemo

Geemo DIS Veteran

I expect the new tracks and hard surface, to look like the tracks in DCA for the trolly.
    [​IMG]

19. *DisneyDreamer

*DisneyDreamer DIS Veteran

The Main Street stuff will be done by June, right? My sisters and I are hoping to go June 18-22, and it will be only my 2nd time there. I would be mad if Main Street looked like that. I’m hoping the new Pier is open by then too, but I know that’s uncertain. I hope that if it’s closed it at least looks normal from across the lagoon.

20. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

Yes. Pixar Pier and new Pixar themed fireworks in DL are slated to open mid-April. They won't do that with Main Street like it is now.

*DisneyDreamer likes this.
  21. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

This project is supppse to be done before spring break.