First week of January?

amym2

DIS Veteran
We were thinking we couldn't fit in a WDW trip for the next few years since we're trading with RCI for 2012 and hoping to do Aulani in 2013, but then I realized that the kids don't go back to school until Jan. 8 in 2013 and it got me thinking. Would we be crazy to squeeze in a trip maybe Jan. 2-6 in 2013? We own at SSR so we could try for that (maybe even THV) at 11 mos. Is resort availability difficult that close to post-Christmas? I'd love to stay at AKL or BCV but am thinking maybe we should save those for warmer weather trips. Where would you stay in early January?

I'm not sure of those exact dates but I was able to get BWV preferred view for 1/6-/1/12/12 at 7 months out no problem. Only 5 more weeks to go!:yay:

It depends on the dates of the marathon and when schools are going back. If schools are still on break the rooms are harder to get and certain rooms are harder during the marathon.

Okay, thanks. With the 1st being a Tuesday, I wonder if most schools are out through that weekend like ours is. I guess we'll see what we can get!

When Jan 1 is a Tuesday, you will find that Jan 2 through 4 will still have the Christmas-time crowd and getting those 7 months out for near to park resorts could be difficult. My preference for that time is BWV but any are fine.

We probably won't even do Disney parks, so I'm not as worried about crowds in the parks. We'd never even considered staying at SSR and then ended up buying there, so we'd be fine with staying there. Kids might like BWV now that they're 8 and 10, and honestly that pool creeps me out so it would be an excuse not to use it. I'd like to eat at some of the resorts and do Sea World and maybe Kennedy Space Center. Hmm, wonder if the Marathon will be that weekend or the next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter