First Visit-September or November??

kkayluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I am in the process of planning our family's first visit to US/IOA. My kids are all really into Harry Potter right now and my oldest, who will turn 11 next week is hoping for a letter from Hogwarts for her birthday. We'd really like to surprise her with a trip but we're struggling with the timing. My kids are on year round school so they have their first break the end of August/first of September. Then the have another 3 weeks starting in mid-November. SO...if it were up to you which dates would you choose and why?

September 4-8th

or

November 13-17th

Oh, and we would be driving down so flights are not a factor. We also plan to stay on Universal property.

Thanks so much for your help!

-Kelly

Early September is still miserably hot and humid in Florida. I think that, for that reason alone, I would pick November.

Unless you are coming from a very hot climate, I'd pick November. Dealing with moderate crowds not worrying about heat/rain is easier than having low crowds but having to deal with heat/rain.

Thank you all for the replies! I think November is going to be the winner. Although it is a bit more expensive to travel at that time I think it will be worth it for the cooler temps. We just recently moved to NC from the Northeast so we are definitely not yet acclimated to this crazy hot weather.

Any advice on what resort would be best for a family of five? We'd really like to stay at one of the deluxe properties so we can get the express passes. It looks like Portofino Bay has the largest size rooms so I'm leaning towards that. Thoughts?

Thanks again for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!