First Visit Questions

Bronte

DIS Veteran
This will be our first visit to the campgrounds ... May 16-20 in a cabin.
We have stayed at all the Disney resorts but never the campground so it is very exciting !!!!

1. Should I request a certain area. We will be attending the DVC Moonlight magic event on the 16th but other than that want to spend most of our time enjoying the campground.

2. Can I bring my dog or are pets not allowed?

3. I have a golf cart rented but is there anything else I really need to make a reservation for or bring? We are DVC so we are use to cooking in our villas so I plan to bring the same stuff.

4. How many cars can park at a cabin and can you park additional cars some where else? My two adult daughters will be joining us and they will be driving.

ANY and ALL SUGGESTIONS would be GREAT !!!!!

This will be our first visit to the campgrounds ... May 16-20 in a cabin.
We have stayed at all the Disney resorts but never the campground so it is very exciting !!!!

1. Should I request a certain area. We will be attending the DVC Moonlight magic event on the 16th but other than that want to spend most of our time enjoying the campground.

2. Can I bring my dog or are pets not allowed?

3. I have a golf cart rented but is there anything else I really need to make a reservation for or bring? We are DVC so we are use to cooking in our villas so I plan to bring the same stuff.

4. How many cars can park at a cabin and can you park additional cars some where else? My two adult daughters will be joining us and they will be driving.

ANY and ALL SUGGESTIONS would be GREAT !!!!!
1. We like the 2500 loop because it's close to the quiet pool and laundry. With a golf cart, it doesn't really matter what loop you get as you can easily travel around with the cart.
2. Yes dogs are now allowed at the cabins. And the fort has a doggie park area.
3. Can't think of anything. You are already prepared for cooking. I would bring the fixing for Smores and a collapsible roasting fork for the campfire.
4. The rules state 1 car and 1 golf cart. There is overflow parking at the front of the Fort.

Happy camping!

When they first opened up the cabins to pets 2300 and 2400 were designated. I am not sure if this is still the case. If it is it will pick your loops for you with a dog.

OH MY GOODNESS PETS ARE ALOWED !!!!

That is fantastic news for us. We have two older pups and our youngest daughter is finishing up her CP at the HM on May 17th. What a surprise for her to spend time with her fur babies !!!!!
They are old and very, very well behaved. What do I need to do to bring them in May and is there an extra fee ???? I assume their shot records, personal needs, poop bags and leashes for sure (they have stayed at Best Friends once last year)

I bought some roasting forks already and plan to bring Smores for sure.
Should I invest in a small approved fire pit for the site ???

I have a golf cart reserved already. Will it be the 4 person one or is there a chance to get the 6 person? We have a 4 person golf cart at home and the puppies LOVE to take rides but we will all want to go so the 6 person one would be GREAT

As to you pups, yes there is an added fee and you will need to be there and coordinate with housekeeping. As you have had them at Best Friends in the past you know to bring their shot records, leashes and cleanup bags. Disney has a LIMITED number of 6 passenger carts so if you want one I would call ASAP and see if they can change your reservation for 1 added cost included.
The Bark Park is down near the 300 loop and there is a nice stretch along the canal accessible from 1600 and 1800 loops to walk them as well Hope that helps and enjoy

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

I will call today about the cart and to find out what are the current fees/policies. The only thing online about pets says 5 dollars per night and you can request the correct loop during online check in but that is for a camp site and not a cabin.
Has anyone had their dog in a cabin before ??? I think the puppies will LOVE IT !!!!!

As far as housekeeping we would not leave the pups in the cabin alone, we will just take turns if we want to go to the park. We go to Disney all the time and live only 2 hrs south of the mouse plus this trip will be all about the resort and not so much about the parks anyways.

Sounds like you should be fine on the pup front. We bought our Motor Home to bring ours with us and pet friendly rules didn't go into place till this past year so I have no personal experience on how that works. One thing to try and catch if and that is a BIG IF to try and catch during your visit is to see the Blacksmith shoe the horses. He only comes on an as needed basis and I have only been lucky enough to see him in action once but it was great His interaction with the kids and answers to all questions from the audience was fantastic. Campfire sing along and movie program is so worth it. Electric Water Parade and Fireworks from the beach is always a winner for us, hint, We take some take out from P&J's down with us and make it our own private dinner show

It is $5.00 per night pet fee at campsites. It is $50.00 per night in a cabin.

Thanks !!!!

For 50 per night do you know if we will get one or two Pluto welcome gifts?

Do I just call central reservations and have them add that on to our current reservation?

I also wonder if they have a CM discount, probably not because $200 is cheaper than what our doggie sitter would charge for the same number of nights.

I would definitely call and add them. Especially if there are designated loops for pets. Please let us know how many Pluto welcome gifts you get.

Bronte, you didn't mention in earlier posts your daughter being in CP. Congrats on that and that is so cool for her. Are you gonna tell her you're bringing the pups or just surprise her?
If you've followed the camping thread, you know we are all about trip reports and would Love to see her reaction :thumbsup2

I will take lots of pics and post when we get back !!!!!

I am going to try to keep it a surprise from her if I can ....

Yes my youngest is a cm at the hm and she LOVES it !!!! She loves everything about the mansion and really, really loves doing parade control (pac). Back in high school she did a lot with the drama group and even in college was president of the speech/debate team.
She planned everything so that she could graduate early and work for the Mouse :-)
We are waiting to hear about medical school but right now she is enjoying Disney and may extend if not accepted this time around.

Technically we are both cast members now because I started a new job at Disney’s Vero Beach this week. Part time but I love it !!!!! I was waiting to get my official id to call about adding the pups and upgrading to a 6 person golf cart for the May trip so I would not have to have her call ;-)

My oldest daughter works for the local government in Vero Beach and loves Disney too ... We are a 100% Disney family !!!!! I am so excited that Tinkerbell (begel/huskey something mix age 18 adopted at age 6 from an abusive family) and Luna (mountain dog something mix age 12 adopted at 7 weeks after being left in a garbage can) will be going to Disney too !!!!

I am so excited that Tinkerbell (begel/huskey something mix age 18 adopted at age 6 from an abusive family) and Luna (mountain dog something mix age 12 adopted at 7 weeks after being left in a garbage can) will be going to Disney too !!!!
We have a mix/rescue from an abusive home as well. When my son was about 6 or so, a lady asked what kind of dog she was. He said "she's a brown dog" :rotfl2:

Sorry for the very long delay in posting.
We all had a fantastic time at the camp ground !!!!
Luna and Tinkerbell had a blast plus our daughters really enjoyed having them visit Disney.
We had no problems at all and did get two pet welcome packages :-)

I am very glad that we spent the extra money and had a little different get away ...
The campgrounds are amazing !!!

Shortly after the trip tinkerbell passed away. She was very old and we loved her soooo very much.
Luna is now our one and only. She is showing her age (13) now that Tink is gone and has some trouble with Artritis in her hips. The girls want to go back to the campground for the holidays but I could not get a good rates for the cabins. I was able to get a pet friendly little mermaid room at the art of animation resort for December 22-25 !!!! It will not be as nice as the cabins but at least Luna can be with us for Christmas (very doughtful that our youngest daughter would be home for the holidays so we will all be up in Disney instead)

Sorry to hear of Tinkerbell's passing. How wonderful she got to go to the Fort. I hope Dec is a great trip for all of you.

Sorry to hear about Tinkerbell. So glad though that you had the time with her at The Fort. We often joke that our animals have been to The Fort more than most people we know.

It was a great trip and we can not wait for December.
I keep looking for a cabin but I do not think one will come up with a CM discount due to the holidays.

Does anyone know if they will rent a 6 person golf cart for just the day to people staying on property but not at the camp ground (I know it is a long shot but it would be nice to drive Luna around again for Christmas Eve.)

Does anyone know if they will rent a 6 person golf cart for just the day to people staying on property but not at the camp ground (I know it is a long shot but it would be nice to drive Luna around again for Christmas Eve.)

They will rent a cart to anyone, Bronte; you'd don't have to be a registered Fort guest.

Same rules apply that you had this last time: 6-seaters are first come, first served. Make a reservation, etc.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter