First trip, trying to do all the things

I agree Disney Springs is not something I would try to do on your first trip. I understand your desire to see it all but it really is not important. One can do it all and have a miserable time. If you and your kids are happy your trip is a success. Cherish the time with your kids and have a magical vacation.(You've earned it)

I know people are saying not to over plan and try to do all the things, but I would say the opposite...plan, plan, plan! Be okay if the plans change, but when we went, I had a schedule for every single day and it helped tremendously. I even scheduled our potty breaks since we had a newly potty trained child and have a lot of kids.
I forget the name of the company, but I know there is a baby sitting service - it might be "Extra Hands" - where you can hire someone to come into the park with you for a whole day. They have AP's so you don't pay for their ticket. I would do this for sure so you can ride bigger rides with your son while your little one is being cared for and entertained.

ETA: you can plan for down time/ free time in the parks - a sit down meal in AC to get off your feet...a snack in the shade in a quiet area, also...Tom Sawyer island and the Boneyard were two places that my kids loved.

Last edited:
The bolded doesn't work unless the younger child is tall enough to ride the attraction and just doesn't want to. She cannot enter the line unless she meets the height requirement.

Just a note about that on another recent thread someone posted about being able to do an internal rider swap with a child that was too small to ride (space mountain with an infant). I only point this out because I don’t think there is a hard and fast rule that you can’t enter the line if you are too short, I just think they prefer to not do internal swaps the majority of time. In a case like this where the child may be old enough to sit by themselves for the ride they may allow the parent and too small sibling into the line. I don’t know for sure and I wouldn’t guarantee that it would work but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. The link is to the other thread where internal child swap was discussed.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/rider-swap-near-park-closing-time.3738389/

I don’t think there is a hard and fast rule that you can’t enter the line if you are too short, I just think they prefer to not do internal swaps the majority of time.

Actually, it IS a "hard and fast rule." Too short cannot enter the queue. The thread you posted was specifically about closing time. While I haven't heard many reports of that specific situation, it likely can be managed at that time of night, and maybe only with an obvious infant. During the day I would be highly surprised if a CM allowed a too short child into the queue simply to accompany family with intent for an internal swap or chicken exit after the older sibling boards. Yes, it is pretty much out of the realm of possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter