First Trip to WDW (Epcot)

Karen M

Earning My Ears
We are taking a cruise out of Orlando on December 15, 2018. We decided since I (33) and our son (6) had never been to WDW we would go a couple days earlier and spend one day at one park. We choose Epcot. We live in San Diego so we have done Disneyland and felt like Disney World is very similar. We will be at the park on December 14, 2018. I have been doing lots of research already and we are very excited. We will be staying on-site at ASM. Since it will only be for two nights we didnt find it necessary to stay at one of the big fancy hotels.

I am looking for any and all recommendations and tips of what to do and what not to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Our son does not know we are going to Epcot before the cruise that will be a surprise for him right before we leave!
Thank you

Soarin! Soarin! Soarin! I cannot stress this enough! Soarin is our absolute favorite! My kids insist on riding it repeatedly every trip. Then Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, and Turtle Talk with Crush. We always eat at Sunshine Seasons for our main meal of the day and then snack around the world in the countries. Le Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie in France and the Karamell-Kuche in Germany should not be missed. Epcot is our favorite! Have a wonderful visit!

With a 6 year old, definitely do the Seas with Nemo then look around the aquarium. Turtle Talk with Crush is super cute and fun. Soarin for sure. I always enjoy Living with the Land and so do my kids, although they're older now. Does he like a bit of a thrill? If so, Test Track. He would probably like Journey into Imagination with Figment. I would do the passport in world showcase. Buy it in any country's pavilion, then find the kidcot spots and they will stamp it and write/draw in it. Very fun. Maybe try to see some of the performers like the acrobats in China and the drummers in Japan.

Epcot is really great at Christmas time. There are holiday storytellers in each country and my daughter has always love it. There is a also a lot of great Xmas music!

I wouldn’t prioritize Soarin since it’s in DL. Test track is quite similar to the Radiator springs ride but a totally different overlay. The Frozen ride is very kid friendly too

Epcot is my favorite park - future world has quite a few cool rides/interactive areas that you both should get a kick out of. The WS doesn't have as much to rivet the average kid, but if he's into different cultures, it's a nice intro. Each land has a kids activity area too and you can purchase a passport to get stamped in each land. It also comes with a button.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter