First Trip to USH Report

Samandmom

<font color=purple>Curvy WISHer<br><font color=tea
We did USH for the first time today! We have been to DW and US Orlando several times.

We are currently in CA on our first trip. We did 5 nights at DL Paradise Pier (had 5 day Park Hoppers) and now at the Sheraton at USH.

My husband works for Comcast so he gets a discount at US. We had a option of getting a 1 day pass for $85 or an Annual pass for $109. We decided on the AP because we figured that we may need 2 days at US being that it was the middle of the summer.

We went today and arrived at 8:40 and went straight to Harry Potter World and rode Forbidden Journey with only a 15 min wait and then the kids did Flight of the Hippogriff with a walk on. We then went over to Simpsons ride with only a 15 min wait. Made a stop for a donut and refillable soda cups. Backlot Tour was a walk on. After BT we had lunch at Cletus Chicken Shack. We ordered chicken thumbs, 3 piece chicken and a chicken sandwich for the 4 of us to share.

After lunch we headed down to the lower lot and did Jurassic Park, Mummy and Transformers. They all had posted wait times ranging from 25-40 minutes but they were less than that. We then headed back up and did Minions. The time now was around 3:30 and we had done all the rides. We just have the 3 shows left. We decided to head back for a nap before our 7:15 Hard Rock Cafe reservation.

We plan on heading back tomorrow and do the 3 shows and repeats of what the kids want to do.

Very fun park that can be done in a day but since we had the option of going back we decided to do that.

Thanks for the report! Please report back about the shows and if they're worthwhile. How old are your kids? Mine are young so I'm not sure how much will work for them.

Thanks for the report! Please report back about the shows and if they're worthwhile. How old are your kids? Mine are young so I'm not sure how much will work for them.
My kids are older daughter 14 and son 17 and my nephew came with us and he's 18.
The Special Effects the boys and hubby enjoyed a lot. But the Waterworld show gets a big thumbs up from everyone. If you don't mind having fun and getting wet with the actors sit in the wet zone seats. We skipped the Animal Actors show. Most of the shows don't start till 11 or after so the rest of the family got to the parks at 8:30 to ride Forbidden Journey, I can only handle it once. I showed up at 9 and then we did Olivanders. Afterwards we did repeats of the 3 lower lot rides with no waits. Did the special effects show and lastly Waterworld. We left around 3.

On the shows for young kids, my 8 yo doesn't do dark/scary and doesn't like the Special Effects show. He loves Waterworld and Animal Actors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!