First trip to DLP in April-- Now with question!

So jealous! We have to wait almost a full year before we get to go.

I was trying to make the same reservations, but I may have missed my window. We’re staying over New Years (12/30 - 1/2) and already there are no dinner reservations available. And Auberge de Cendrillion is saying it’s too early to book. We did reserve Remy and Captain Jacks for lunch though.

Hope the next 3 months fly by for you!

Thanks! It's unreal that we are going. Never thought we'd be able to afford Disney vacations much less Paris!

So we just realized that the end of April is a school holiday in France. Should we buy the Disney Premiere Access Ultimate? Has anyone experienced the waits on school holidays?

So we just realized that the end of April is a school holiday in France. Should we buy the Disney Premiere Access Ultimate? Has anyone experienced the waits on school holidays?
I would at least budget for it. I would buy on the day off depending on how the crowds move. You are staying onsite and that first hour can give you a headstart on some big rides.

I wouldn't buy Ultimate, because not all rides are applicable to all groups. For example Autopia, if you have just adults in your group I would probably skip this ride. If you are a family with small children you might not want to do pay for Ultimate Access for everyone in the group, because the kids cannot ride the coaster.

I was in DLP last July last year the first week of school holidays. It was very busy, as you can imagine. But the early entry and the first hour of operations were very good. I didn't buy Premier access and I was able to do with minimal waits many headliners during early entry. It's very important to be at the park gates 30-40 minutes before official park open for early entry. This way you can be among the firsts to line up for Peter Pan at the Main park, then Big Thunder Mountains. This way you've done two attractions that might easily have 3 hours wait combined later on. After BTM, you have several options, lines should be short almost everywhere, so go with what is most important for you. People take their time to arrive, until 11 lines won't be terrible outside of the headliners.

At the studios there are fewer attractions, so lines spike much more quickly. I would budget for a Premium pass for Crush, if that is of interest. This way at opening you can easily do Web, Tower of Terror, Avengers Assembly, Ratatouille, in this order. The other rides are all average to mediocre, I would prioritize the shows at this point.

Thanks for the input. We will leave the option open and watch wait times in the days leading up to our visit and purchase based on that. Wil definitely be taking advantage of early entry. We may not make it back to DLP for many years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter