First Trip To Disneyland

I hope you have the greatest trip! I agree, if it's in the budget, park hopping is great! But MaxPass is amazing too... If you can do both, I would. Though I find I'm almost pressured to do TOO much in a day with MaxPass, because it's so easy to do so. :)

@Jaina Budget? What is this 'budget' you speak of? Disney destroys any hope of one of those :D

I will definitely be utilizing both park hopping and mp+. Staying at the DGC I am not too concerned about over doing it. I think grabbing a quick rest should be pretty easy if it is needed. I always manage 2 parks plus a resort for dinner in one day when I'm at WDW and I never feel rushed or exhausted.

@theluckyrabbit is the third week in Sept safe to assume that Haunted Mansion and Space Mt will be open and not still closed for their overlays? It seems by looking at past calendars that would be the case

Both rides should be decked out and running by that time. Halloween Time is usually ready to go by the second week of September, at the latest. MHP usually starts by sometime later in the month (for example, tonight is the first party of the season -- and HT and MHP started a bit early this year). Be watching for the MHP ticket announcement next year -- those tickets sell out every year! And be sure about your date -- Disney is not kidding about the tickets being non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale. We get lots of confusion on those points around here every year.

There should be -- if you look at the first page of this year's super thread, Halloween Time and MHP ticket sales were announced on 5/17/18. The super thread was started on that same date. So keep an eye on this board starting in late April/early May for news and updates. I know that people here were already chomping at the bit for news by the time the announcements were made!

Well, I haven't been to Disneyland (I'm also planning my first trip there), but for my recent trip to WDW, I found The Unofficial Guide to be a really helpful book for planning my days at the parks (it also has a lot of info on hotels and restaurants and the like). If your local library has a copy I'd strongly recommend checking it out.

Well, I haven't been to Disneyland (I'm also planning my first trip there), but for my recent trip to WDW, I found The Unofficial Guide to be a really helpful book for planning my days at the parks (it also has a lot of info on hotels and restaurants and the like). If your local library has a copy I'd strongly recommend checking it out.

Just a disclaimer: many of printed guides to DLR can have out of date information by the time they get published, so always double check any important questions you have on this board before your trip dates. We've had posters here report frustrating experiences because they depended on information from a printed guide, but they hadn't known about recent changes which had already been posted here, but would not be published for another year in the guide series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!