First Trip Sept 2019

CanadianDisneyFan456

Earning My Ears
Hi there! First trip report for our very first trip to Disneyland. I love reading other trip reports and hopefully people will enjoy reading mine.

We went to Disneyland from Sept 11-18, 2019. On this trip were myself, my husband and our two kids, my son (12) and my daughter (9). This was my and the kids first trip but my husband has been numerous times before.

We stayed at the Portofino Inn and Suites on Harbour Blvd. It was a comfortable hotel. Older but clean and quiet. Had no issues at all and we loved how close it was. 10 minute walk at most and close to CVS and 7-11.

We booked this trip in May but didn’t tell the kids until the Sunday before we left. I don’t think they really believed us until the morning we left.

We left on Wednesday, Sept 11th and although our flight was delayed by about a hour, we landed at LAX at about 12:00. Ordered a Uber and got to the hotel. Our room was ready so we dropped off our stuff and took a bus to Target to grab stuff for breakfast as well as snacks and stuff to bring to the parks each day.

We ate at IHOP right across the street for supper and then walked to Disneyland and walked around Downtown Disney. World of Disney was so big! Mind boggling 😁 Walked all around and just soaked up being in California and at Disneyland.

Went back to hotel around 10:00 and headed to bed.

Day 1

We got up fairly early and got ready. I had read to bring ziploc bags full of ice to keep any snacks cool and it was one of the BEST things we did. We were not used to the heat (being from Canada 😉) and those bags full of freezing cold water saved us many many times.

We walked down to Disneyland and had a very small wait at bag check. Once in, my husband went and upgraded our tickets to 4 day hoppers from 4 day one park per day. Best decision we made! We definitely made use of those park hoppers.

Then we made our way to Disneyland. Absolutely awesome! We immediately went and got us some mouse ears. We also pick up some buttons. They were out of “My 1st Time” buttons so they just wrote that on there.

We made our way down Main Street and looked at the castle and all around. Headed into Tomorrowland. First ride we rode was Astro Orbiter. Headed to Star Tours next. Then over to Buzz Lighter and then to Space Mountain. Never waited more than maybe 10 min in line. Space Mountain was not my favourite ride. My son did not like at all, but my husband and daughter loved it.

After that we went to Autotopia and then went on Nemo. Headed over to It’s a Small World and then went to Toon Town. Got our pic with Goofy and then went to the Red Rose Tavern. We really just needed to sit down. The heat was killing us. My daughter sat down and I gave her one of our water filled bags and she just sat there with her face on it.

After we cooled down, we walked over to Pirates of the Caribbean and while we waited, I said to my husband “ Our daughter is done, we have to take a break”. It was around 12:00-12:30 at this point so we decided that we would leave the park after that ride, go for lunch and head back to the hotel for some pool time.

We left the park after PotC and walked to the McDonald’s on Harbour Blvd. We walked back to our hotel after and rested and swam. This break was very much needed.

About 5:00, we walked back to Disneyland. This time we headed into California Adventure. Guardians of Galaxy was our first ride. So much fun! We loved it 😁

After we did Guardians we walked over to Cars Land. Wait time on Radiator Springs Racers was only about 30 min so we hopped in line. And then we waited...and waited...and waited. After about 45 min, the ride went down. Then it was back up...and then down again. So we decided to leave the line and get a fast pass in the morning the next day.

We walked all around California Adventure and had supper at the restaurant across from the Silly Symphony Swings.

After that we walked back over to Disneyland (loved the Park Hopper Tickets). We went on Splash Mountain and then walked over to Galaxy’s Edge. I am not a Star Wars fan but omg, what a awesome job Disney did. It’s amazing in there.

We went on Smugglers Run...about a 45 minute wait but the line was always moving and there’s lots to look at. My son and I were pilots, my husband and daughter were the gunners and two single riders were the engineers. We did pretty well, I think LOL. Wasn’t my favourite ride but it was fun.

At this point we decided to head back to the hotel. My husband had gotten soaked on Splash Mountain and it was getting a bit chilly for him. We walked back, settled in and fell asleep hoping for a good nights sleep for the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter