First trip in 7 years...a few questions...

michelelf73

Earning My Ears
We are planning a Thanksgiving trip, November 16-24. We have 9 people and are staying off-site. Just wanted to make sure I am understanding things correctly as I make plans. Please tell me if this sounds correct.

We are planning on buying 7 day park hoppers for 8 of us and an AP for one. I understand that the AP gives that person free parking at the parks, free memory maker, and the opportunity to but a Tables in Wonderland card.

The Tables in Wonderland card is $150 and is good for a 20% discount for up to 10 people in most table service restaurants and a few quick service. We are planning on 3 or 4 table service meals and since 2 of them are ‘ohana and Cape May clam bake, I figure the savings will more then make up for the price difference in tickets. Please tell me if I’m figuring this right. Thanks!

That all looks correct to me. You'll have to calculate to see if the savings make sense. I believe I read somewhere that you have to spend $1500 in table service meals for TIW to be worth it if you have an AP. That's because an AP gets you 10% off at table service restaurants, but it might not be for all 9 people and doesn't include alcohol.

Thanks for your reply. We figured the cost of memory maker, parking one car for 7 days and the 20% off the table service meals (calculating in the extra $150 for Tables in Wonderland) would still make the AP cost effective. I understand the Tables in Wonderland is good for up to 10 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter