First Trip in 20 years.... first time as an adult... first time with kids!!!

Hank Scorpio

Mouseketeer
Truly magical vacation.

Father in Law is ex-Navy so we stay in Shades of Green. Shades was a great resort... biggest rooms on Disney property. The only thing that was annoying/great was the constant requests and presentation of ID whenever you get on one of their buses and entry to their property.

Great time of year and so happy we left before this past weekend... lines looked unbearable yesterday. Lines were still long but we were able to maximize fast pass options so that we hit pretty much every ride and only stood in 3-4 lines the whole week totaling about 35 mins altogether.

Only one we didn’t get on that we wanted to was test track because it was 90 mins after Illuminations.

Pre-park opening be our guest breakfast reservations on Monday and Thursday were clutch. Got us on seven dwarves and Peter Pan with no waiting right at park open and no running. We didn’t actually order anything either day.

Mobile order for lunch each day was a big time saver. Hot dogs at Liberty square marketplace is the best value in MK and they are grilled, unlike Casey’s.

Flight of Passage is now my favorite ride of all time but still not worth a 2 hour wait. Fast pass all the way. We did child swap for the wife and Mother in law and my older son got to on go two times in a row. My wife and mother in law did not have fast passes going into the day and child swap worked for them.

The only snafu at all was our attempt to resort hop on our last morning. We tried to get to both grand Floridian and wilderness lodge and then couldn’t get back to shades of green. No buses from wilderness to TTC and when we got back to MK via boat, monorail was down. We finally got back to TTC via bus and then walked to Polynesian and onto shades.. about 15 mins late for our shuttle.

If i'd have it to do over again, i'd pass on 50's prime time as well as chef mickey for dinner... Ohana was great, and the quick service in Pandora was really good too. Pineapple upside down dole whip was favorite snack, followed by the Cheshire Cat tail and Jack Jack's cookies.

I’d go back in a heartbeat but my wife is good for another 2-3 years.

Its been 20 years for me so this was well worth it.

I’ll be saying "por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas” to myself for awhile.

My only complaint is that they have to fix the epcot screening procedures. Getting screened at the resorts and then again after exiting the epcot monorail is just absurd. All they need to do is put up some fencing to create a cattle chute and direct the epcot monorail people directly to the tapstyles... it's not hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter