First Timer

bettyg

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am so pleased to find these forums... I am a mom of 2 and am planning a trip to Disneyworld in Nov. of 2003 with my two girls (5 and 9). I have NEVER been... I am trying to read as much as I can.. and learn the tricks of the trade. I know I won't master this trip.. but hope we have fun.

Anyway, my question... I am thinking about staying at the Value All-Star Movies Resort... it seems like only the value resorts are more geared to children... I don't mind paying more - but the other resorts all seem to be more geard for "big" kids... which is okay - but I want to stay at a place where they feel comfortable. So, can anyone give me some pointers on the resorts.. I've read about them on the web and have the Birmbaum book.. but when I look at the map... it seems like they're the farthest from Magic Kingdom.. which leads me to my next question, Isn't that what the kids will enjoy the best. I'm getting mixed info from family and friends. Anyone know how long it takes to get to Magic Kingdom from the value resorts.. it looks far.

Don't mean to ramble.. sorry - I could just read for hours about all the GREAT info people have posted. I don't really know where to begin with my research in planning the best trip for my two little princesses.

Any info anyone can provide would be great! Thank you so very much in advance.
-BettyG

You will get plenty of answers here!!!

I have never stayed at that hotel because my DH wanted a sit down restaurant but thats just us...

Price is a factor than this would be great...but if this is your first trip I would pick staying on site versus off!!!!

You also have plenty of time to get all of your questions answered...

I would also pick up the Passporter it has great maps and tips for every park and hotel...:cool:

I've stayed at the All-Star Music twice, and for the money it really cannot be beat. The All-Star's have frequent bus service, so transportation isn't bad at all. It might take 10-15 minutes to get to the Magic Kingdom. The rooms have always been very nice and clean, and everything was in great condition (I can tell you that that hasn't even been my experience at deluxes such as the Grand Floridian).

Happy planning!

Movies is a terrific resort.. your kids will love it there. As for transportation, CaliforniaDreaming is right ~ there is great bus service.

The only remark I would make is the prices of eating at the food court have risen. Eating there will make a dent in your food budget.

... it seems like only the value resorts are more geared to children...
I think that you will find that many of the non-Value Disney resorts are also very kid-friendly as well. In particular, I recommend giving serious consideration to Port Orleans Riverside which I think is an excellent choice for families with young children. There is another currently active thread in this forum that discusses POR, so rather than repeating those comments here, I will just suggest that you read through that thread:

Port Orleans Riverside Discussion

Several of the posts in that thread discuss how nice POR is for families with children.

Have fun with your planning! :earsboy:

I would go with the All-Star resorts on your first trip. Because your kids will love it staying at All-Star Movies and food court is have food that kids like. Trusted me mom and I eat like little kids we like our food simple and can't get anymore simpler then the All-Star food court.

Go with your heart. I know on the map it looks far. But only 10-15 minutes anyway and that's no that long and the bus take everywhere you need to go.

Some people tell you that driving is faster. Here's my opionion that. If they have a bus I'm take it. I drive down there and I have bad track record on getting lost. I know they say they at signs all over the place but I still got lost. So once I get there I not driving and let the bus take me everywhere I need to go and I'm happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter