First Timer with 7, 5, and 2 year old

briarpatchtx

Earning My Ears
Well, we are set to go to WDW March 9-16. We will be staying off site at the Vistana. We are not sure of the 2 year old enjoying the parks or not. We are taking Nana along to baby sit if needed. Does anyone have suggestions on the two year old. My two older boys are pumped to go and we will be driving from N. Texas. I have already ordered the flipdown TV and VCR for the SUV so it will be safely installed and secured :jester: . As for Mom and I this is the first time to WDW for all of us. Please HELP! :confused: Attractions, Shows, rides and restrictions on rides?

Thanks in advance,

BC

You will all have a great time!! We have been taking our kids since they were 3yrs and 6 months! Check out www.wdwig.com for some great tips on taking infants and toddlers to WDW. your 2 year old may have a great time. Check out the height restrictions BEFORE you go so you know what rides everyone can go on. When my 5 yr old was 2 she enjoyed Winnie the Pooh ride, the Carousel, Dumbo, and all of Toontown.

Bring a stroller for your little one. Make sure you take an afternoon break to rest. Consider making priority seatings for a few character meals.

Have FUN!

We are going to Disney March 16-23 and I have 2 kids, a 7 yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old. Last yr we went in March and mydaugher was 21 months, and boy was she a handfull. She had so much fun, and didnt really want to go in the stroller much. Once she went on her first ride she was just too excited!! Most rides you can hold your 2 yr old on your lap, of course not on rollercoaster type stuff. But utilize the baby swap area it works out well !! I think you will have a great experience with your 2 yr old. Remember if your 2 yr old is used to naps you must work those in to your day or there will be no peace for anybody!! My daughter still takes naps and very rarely sleeps in her stroller so we get to the parks when they first open do as much as we can before naptime , head back to the hotel then we go back at nite usually..Enjoy your visit.

Bring the walkie talkie FRS radios, if you have them. While my husband took my older son on some of the more adventurous rides, my two-year-old son and I went in search of characters and rode It's a Small World for the 10th, 11th, and 12th time (it was his favorite).

With the walkie talkies, we were able to easily meet back up without worrying about a line taking longer than expected and missing our meeting time.

My 2-year-old loved the characters, the parades, most of the shows (didn't like It's Tough to Be a Bug at Animal Kingdom).

Just the splendor of the surroundings should amaze him.

One adult per child is always good anyway. We've brought grandmothers when the kids were younger and it was a big help, but they definitely came to all the parks and we just all took turns hanging out with the baby (who at that time was apt to be sleeping in the stroller when we were doing something.) By two years old, my kids LOVED WDW - every park! I do recommend the mid-day swim break. Your older kids will need and enjoy that too. Perhaps Nana will stay in the room while the 2yo naps and the older kids can swim, then go back to the parks later. May not work if hours are short at the parks, but sure does make for a more relaxed day. BTW, Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner was a favorite of the kids and grandmothers. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter