First timer wants to know when to go

European

Mouseketeer
I'd like to go somewhere between November '05 and April '06. I'd like to go during the slowest and cheapest time of year. Is there anything special happening apart from Christmas?

Well we have gone in the fall and I would say if you want to go and get the most bang for your buck go the 2nd week of December. The overlay of the haunted mansion is still in effect, the Its a Small World Holiday is in effect and you can see the X-mas decs and the "snow" on main street.

If you go on a Friday you can also catch fantasmic and if you have never been I recommend doing the balcony or preferred seating. It is a little pricey but WORTH it!!

The crowds aren't too bad then either. If you want a REALLY slow time with not as much stuff going on you can go in Jan or Feb. Just make sure it is not around any holiday weekends. There is presidents day in Feb and Martin Luther King in Jan.

Otherwise I heard mid week in feb (non holiday week) is the slowest.

Good luck and feel free to ask any more questions.

Agree with Kelly. According to http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm The second half of November and first half of December are the slowest months.But make sure you don't visit during the two week Christmas holiday break starting around December 17 when crowds soar, and especially not between Christmas and New Year which is the busiest time of the year.

Jan and Feb have low crowds again.

But we went in early December and wouldn't go at any other time. No crowds, no queues and best of all, sensational Christmas decorations everywhere, a wonderful holiday feel to the place, and holiday makeovers of Small World and Haunted Mansion.

The one drawback could be that Pirates is schedule to be down until (I think) mid December. If you don't mind missing this ride, go early December or late November. If you desperately need to go on this ride, but are happy to miss Christmas makeovers and decorations, wait until January or early February (But at some point in this time HM and SW will also be down to have their Christmas makeovers removed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter