First timer priority seating question

Boulie

DisneyDad
Doing a one night stay at Royal Pacific in early November, with park days on both the check-in and check-out day. This is our first visit to Universal (add-on in the middle of a WDW trip) and we are excited to check it out. But since we have never been, I have no real sense of how our park day will flow and so am reluctant to make dinner reservations that tie us to a specific time. I was wondering what people's experiences have been relying on the priority seating perk at Universal City Walk and if I'd be ok winging it without reservations. I would be most interested in hearing recent experiences using priority seating at Antojitos, as that would probably be my first choice.

Also, if anyone has any other tips for first timers doing a quick two-day/one-night stay, your advice is welcomed. Especially if there is anything I should know to help streamline check-in, as our hope is to check-in early and head to the parks to maximize our park time.

Thanks!

I have never made a dining reservation at Universal! You shouldn't have any issue as long as you are a little bit flexible.

I believe you can check in as early as 6 am though rooms are often not ready until mid- to late-afternoon. I don't think there is really much that you can do to streamline this part.

If you aren't having physical tickets mailed to you, print your park tickets in advance if you can so that you don't have to deal with picking them up after you check in or at the entrance to the parks. That way you can head directly to the turnstiles.

Since you won't have your room, make sure you have your "park bags" ready to go.

You can leave your suitcases with baggage services and, when your room is ready and you return from the parks, you can either collect them or ask for them to be brought to your room. Alternatively, if you have a car, you can leave your suitcases in your car until you return.

I’d go to Orlando Informer web site to have a look at their touring plans. With 2 days you’ll want to make the most of your time.

Doing a one night stay at Royal Pacific in early November, with park days on both the check-in and check-out day. This is our first visit to Universal (add-on in the middle of a WDW trip) and we are excited to check it out. But since we have never been, I have no real sense of how our park day will flow and so am reluctant to make dinner reservations that tie us to a specific time. I was wondering what people's experiences have been relying on the priority seating perk at Universal City Walk and if I'd be ok winging it without reservations. I would be most interested in hearing recent experiences using priority seating at Antojitos, as that would probably be my first choice.

Also, if anyone has any other tips for first timers doing a quick two-day/one-night stay, your advice is welcomed. Especially if there is anything I should know to help streamline check-in, as our hope is to check-in early and head to the parks to maximize our park time.

Thanks!

Our last trip to Universal was last Dec. 7th-19th. Most nights it wasn't necessary to use the priority seating. Except at Toothsome's. It was always busy there. First time they said it was about 20 min wait, I showed them my Royal Pacific room key and we were seated in 5 mins. The 2nd time it was really busy, it was a 45 min wait and with room key we were seated in 15 mins. We were pretty pleased with the experience. We've never been to Antojitos's so I can't comment on them specifically.

We haven’t used it a lot, but it has been worth it the times we have......

A 50 minute wait down to around 10 at Margaritaville, but never been to Antojitos.

I will say NBC we’re reluctant to make any concessions until we pushed it a little.......but that’s been the only slightly negative thing we ever experienced.

It can be a really good perk.

We haven’t used it a lot, but it has been worth it the times we have......

A 50 minute wait down to around 10 at Margaritaville, but never been to Antojitos.

I will say NBC we’re reluctant to make any concessions until we pushed it a little.......but that’s been the only slightly negative thing we ever experienced.

It can be a really good perk.

Now that you mention it. We did use it one time at NBC last trip.

The two people at the front were reluctant to do much, but a manager overheard what was happening and came right over. He had us seated with in 5 mins. And checked in on us a couple times during our visit. He put on the hockey game I wanted to watch on a nearby tv and treated us like royalty. We've eaten there about 6 times since it opened and had good experiences.

Now that you mention it. We did use it one time at NBC last trip.

The two people at the front were reluctant to do much, but a manager overheard what was happening and came right over. He had us seated with in 5 mins. And checked in on us a couple times during our visit. He put on the hockey game I wanted to watch on a nearby tv and treated us like royalty. We've eaten there about 6 times since it opened and had good experiences.

That’s almost identical to us! The young man had a real attitude the second time.......tried to make us feel we shouldn’t be using the privilege.........

We’ve had a few issues with NBC last few visits.......steak returned twice, Toms brisket was perfect first time, second time it was all fat and gristle.......trying to seat us upstairs when there are loads of tables downstairs.......not quite sure what that was all about, told them no we’d prefer downstairs and told them why......but they were reluctant till we insisted.

The manager however has always rectified things, but it shouldn’t come to that.

We will go back there as we like their burgers......will stick to them from now on........

How does the priority seating work? Do all resort hotel guests get it or just the delux hotels? Do you show your room keys?

In early November, you should be able to get seated without an issue.

On past trips, we had good success with priority seating - two weeks ago, not so much.

We tried at Mythos for lunch one day. The quoted wait was 20 minutes and I flashed my room key and asked about priority seating. I was told that they no longer do priority seating unless the wait is over an hour. She said, "If the wait is over an hour we will give you priority seating that will take 30 minutes off the wait."

And one night, we watched the last Hogwarts castle show then walked to City Walk. We knew places would be packed. We stopped at Toothsome and were quoted a 90 minute wait. I showed the room key and they said it would take 5 minutes off the wait. We left.

We tried again over at Vivo and were quoted 50 minutes. The room key took that down to 40 minutes.

How does the priority seating work? Do all resort hotel guests get it or just the delux hotels? Do you show your room keys?

Only the 3 Premiere resorts get it and yes, you just show your room key. On past trips, we've seen waits go from 20, 30, 40 minutes to practically nothing. Didn't work as well for us this past trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter