First time with a DAS not a GAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Habit - what they have learned to do. If they never heard those words, they'd not have them in their vocabulary to say when they are stressed out and anxious. I do think saying the words to relieve stress and getting a point across is better than self-harm, or screaming, and that's a good starting point - communication. But as I stated before - it can't be left as a habit if independence and employment are a goal for the future.

Is this directed at me? If it is, I'd like to respond that I am also a parent, and have raised two children (one the valedictorian of her class, the other salutatorian of her class) who have had to deal with anxiety and sensory and social issues. That's on top of working 16+ years with teenagers on the spectrum, along with other students with a myriad of other issues. I am the most requested staff member at our school, according to our principal and special education director. So I do feel like I know what I'm talking about. But I get where you are coming from. Of course each child is different, and what works for one does not always work for another. But doesn't everyone here share what works, etc? Why limit who can give input, share information, etc?
Yes it was directed at you. And one thing you need to remember is this form is different then your at work my guess is that when you have a student in your class you have a lot of history of that child right. On a form like this you do not you might get just a pice of the child or person with the disability if you got every little detail then all post would be pages long so please remember this and stop trying to cure every child Disney would be a place of fun not working on new skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter