First time WDW with 3 yo DD

cheshir3kat

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we’re planning on a WDW/DCL trip for early next year. It’ll be my 3 yo DD first time at WDW (we’ve been to DL multiple times, and she went on her first cruise in Oct 2022 on the Wonder), and my husband and I haven’t been to WDW since our DCL honeymoon in 2019. Still in planning phase, but looking at doing 4 days at the park and then either 3/4 nights on the Wish or 7 nights on the Fantasy. We’re traveling from Las Vegas, and she’s never been on an airplane before, so that’ll be fun 😅 Any tips for her first time? Best resort for families with littles? Should I bring a stroller or rent one? Open to any and all suggestions! Thanks ☺️

For me, the best resorts with littles are always the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. The quick access to the Magic Kingdom via walking path, boat or monorail can't be beat! Having the flexibility to come and go from the MK at will is a lifesaver with littles. Pools are great, and food options plentiful. The little kids splash pad area at the GF is a ton of fun for little kids and is very cute. Transportation to Epcot via monorail and bus to DHS and DAK are quick and easy. Sounds like a great trip!

I think the Contemporary is the best resort for littles if you can afford it. It’s right across the street from MK so you can just walk to the park. It is pricey though so if you can’t swing that check out Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) or Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter (POR or POFQ). CBR has the skyliner and POR/POFQ are a boat ride away from Disney Springs. All three are moderates and have good pools and playgrounds. For the cruise, Port Canaveral is closest. Look into doing a 4-night cruise on the Wish. The stroller is really a preference thing. You can either bring one, rent one at the airport / to be dropped off at the hotel, or in the parks. I am team stroller, especially for a three year old, and usually rent from Kingdom Strollers but Orlando Stroller Rental has a pick / drop off at MCO.

You'll hear a lot about the pools at Yacht and Beach BUT a 3 year old at the vast pool complex there is a stress ulcer waiting to happen. Agree with above: Polynesian, GF, or Contemporary. I love the therming at Poly but not sure how the new tower will impact anything.

I would vote for the Contemporary. Easy walk to MK. Chef Mickey's. Good splash pad at the pool. You can also look into renting DVC points for Bay Lake Tower. You can do the same at the Poly or the GF.

With a small one, staying on the monorail line is perfect since if you child is anything like our's were, the MK was the place that where the Magic happened for the kids.

I don't know why people rave about that walk to/from the contemporary. It's not as short as I envisioned it to be...but I also HATE the contemporary.
My feeling on traveling with kids, pick where you want to stay. All they want is a pool/splash pad at that age.

Thus far my favorite with a stroller has been POFQ, it's just so nice and small and the resort, while bus only, is close-ish to everything.
The upside to the Polynesian is that it has one of the largest sized standard rooms and the rooms were all re-done as Moana themed in the past couple years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter