First time waitlister question

jmassey1samchi

Mouseketeer
I currently have a waitlist for 3 nights starting May 25th of next year. Can I modify that online to change the waitlist to just the second and third nights?

There is no way for you to change the waitlist yourself online. You would have to cancel and re-waitlist. You can call MS and see if they will do it for you so that you hopefully can keep your same "placement". How long ago did you W/L?

I just did the waitlist yesterday. I would guess the chances of getting the waitlist now are better to keep waitlisting all 3 days rather than drop one today, correct?

I just did the waitlist yesterday. I would guess the chances of getting the waitlist now are better to keep waitlisting all 3 days rather than drop one today, correct?

I don't know what you've waitlisted for (what type of villa and where) but one day should not make a big difference, and you have waitlisted far in advance. I'd give MS a call and see if they can adjust your waitlist without losing your spot. Good luck!

Also, if you modify a waitlist, my understanding is you go to the "back" of the line. Basically, cancel and make a new one. You never know if you are better off going for a longer stay at with your current days, or less days "at the back of the line". It is a "better" line to be in because it takes fewer available days to fill it, but who knows how long it is.

I would say with it being only one day later - I would change it to the shorter (two day) choice. The shorter the stay the more likely you are to get matched. I would think that would override the fact that you lost your "spot" on the waitlist. Now if it was weeks or months later, I would suggest keep it.

I agree, changing the waitlist to less days has always a better chance. The fact that you only are a day later, I'd just cancel and waitlist what you want!
What she said. You have a great chance with your waitlist.

I've been on the waitlist now for just about 7 months, I only need 1 night (sigh)

Make sure you’re also manually checking every day. The waitlist is not perfect, and many people get their own rooms booked before the waitlist notices it.

Op here. Waitlist came through about two days after I got on. It’s a value room at Jambo. Seems like everyone walks these rooms as rooms they show as unavailable right at the 11 month mark, and often come available the next day or two.

Op here. Waitlist came through about two days after I got on. It’s a value room at Jambo. Seems like everyone walks these rooms as rooms they show as unavailable right at the 11 month mark, and often come available the next day or two.

Did you receive an email that it filled? I've never had a WL fill. I always deactivated them for one reason or another after a few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts