First Time Visit to the Fort!!!

barbz56

Mouseketeer
Well hubby surprised me and said he wanted to go back to Disney. He wanted to check out the Fort.
I Rented a camper thru Wilderness Rentals because of everyone's advice here. So we will be at the Fort April 10-17. Feeling excited!!! Just have to figure out now what kind of groceries to order and what to cook

The big issue you will have is what size is the fridge ?? With our old TT we had to watch what we purchased as the fridge was small, a gallon of milk, seemed to take up a lot of space when you are talking 6 cu ft, or was it 8. Either way, with groceries, then leftovers, our fridge filled quickly. New unit has a residential fridge, nicer than my home unit.

Yes have to keep that in mind. The trailer is 32FT with 1 slide. I just looked at the rental and the fridge doesn't look real big.

We try to keep the menu for at site simple. Breakfast tends to run to Instant oatmeal, scrambled eggs on toast or English Muffins, Pancakes (if we want to get fancy Bisquick has an easy prep package) Lunch standard sandwiches. Dinner Crockpot meals work well and if I can grill it home think Steaks, burgers and dogs, chicken my handy portable Weber Propane grill is right there. Microwave Taters.
Like Pa Hunter we have a larger residential fridge in our unit so we do precook and freeze some stuff. My wife makes 2 large pans of Lasagna that we repackage into individual serving size containers and use 1st one for trip down, 2nd
is for r
eturn trip home. We tend to get 2 nights from each original pan My wife also pre-cooks a turkey that we have once or twice for dinner and lots of sandwiches

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter