First time using dining plan

Mouseearsandpixiedust

Earning My Ears
We have been DVC members since 2003 we have NEVER purchased the Dining plan until this upcoming trip Jan 27th... I already know how important reservations are at particular restaurants... so I know for a party of 6 or 8 we’ve missed out on some of the better options 😩 but can anyone offer some suggestions on 1 table service credit options? We never do any signature (just can’t justify the price tag and honestly I don’t want to waste an extra table service on a meal that may or may not be good 🤷🏻‍♀️). Also, this is my first post ever on here WHERE IN THE HEN HAVE I BEEN?!? Help a newbie out please!!!

What types of meals are you looking for? For maximum value, we like to book character dining, such as Garden Grill, Tusker House, or Crystal Palace. Other all-you-care-to-eat places like Boma are also a good way to maximize value. There are lots of options and a wide variety of opinions on here, so be prepared for lots of different answers.

Also, lots of places pop up the day before or the day of. Even popular places. And many (even the super popular ones) will take walk ups when they first open.

One trip many years ago we called several times on the day of to beg for 4 extra seats to the sold out Hoop Dee Doo. All day they said no. Finally, about 1hr before the show, we got a "yes"!

Another Christmas week trip, we showed up with a party of 5 at Chefs de France at opening and were immediately seated for lunch with no ADR.

In the meantime, here are some of my current favourites:
- Ohana (all u can eat dinner is awesome!)
- Yak and Yeti (mmmmmm)
- Turf Club (awesome steak for 1 credit)
- Homecomin (blew me away)

Our favorite must do's every trip are
Boma
Ohana
Sci Fi

We also are sure to try at least 2-3 new ones every trip as well. Everyone will have their own opinion about all of these restaurants, peoples tastes vary. If it looks appealing, give it a try!

Keep looking for ressies, people cancel all the time.

Also, lots of places pop up the day before or the day of. Even popular places. And many (even the super popular ones) will take walk ups when they first open

This is true. Touring Plans' Reservation Finder is useful, and even stalking the website to make reservations between 10pm-1am as people do last-minute cancellations the day before. Stay relaxed, and you might get a couple of those "impossible" reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!