First time using Dining Plan Have a dumb question....

sklimuck

kaylahszoo
Haven't been to Disney World in 12 years... I know.. Anyway. We have dining plan from Saturday July 20 through Saturday July 27th. 7 nights/8 days Does that mean 7 table service meals & 7 quick serve meals..and countless snacks. Thanks so much for any help. sharon

If it's the mid-range dining plan that features 1 TS meal, 1 QS meal, and 2 snacks per night of stay, then, yes, you are calculating it correctly. 7 of each TS and QS meals plus 14 snacks per person. There's also a QS only plan and a Deluxe plan, so it really depends on which level you purchased. You also receive a refillable mug that you can use at the resorts for length of stay.

Thank you so much for the quick response! It is the mid-range plan. Ugh.. I have 1 too many restaurants on my favorite list and will need to draw straws to see which one goes.

You're welcome! I know the feeling. Too many restaurants, too few credits - and too little time and stomach space. Good luck deciding.

If you would like, you to enjoy a 2 table service meal, you can combine 2 days of 1 table service meals and pay out of pocket for a 1 table service meal for the table service that you missed or perhaps do a counter service meal instead. We usually do one 2 table service meal dinner during our vacations. ENJOY!::yes::

If you would like, you to enjoy a 2 table service meal, you can combine 2 days of 1 table service meals and pay out of pocket for a 1 table service meal for the table service that you missed or perhaps do a counter service meal instead. We usually do one 2 table service meal dinner during our vacations. ENJOY!::yes::
we do this most trips. We don't usually get to the resort until afternoon on arrival day, unpack, settle in, the kids always want to use the pool and then we have QS that night at the resort or Disney Springs. leaves us one "extra" TS credit for a signature.

Some restaurants are better to pay by cash anyway- I feel like somewhere on the Internet there is a list of the restaurants sorted by average meal cost so you can look at that to figure out which restaurants are best for oop and which for dining plan. I think some people do it to pick restaurants but it may be a good value ok dining plan but if you don’t like the food, then the food isn’t worth whatever they are charging for it (oop or ddp). But I ran over by one meal and used that to rearrange my meals. I think sci di fine in is where I am paying oop.

Some restaurants are better to pay by cash anyway- I feel like somewhere on the Internet there is a list of the restaurants sorted by average meal cost so you can look at that to figure out which restaurants are best for oop and which for dining plan. I think some people do it to pick restaurants but it may be a good value ok dining plan but if you don’t like the food, then the food isn’t worth whatever they are charging for it (oop or ddp). But I ran over by one meal and used that to rearrange my meals. I think sci di fine in is where I am paying oop.

Totally agree. If you have more TS than you have TS credits, pay OOP for whichever is least expensive (if you don't want to drop it). Unless, of course, you want to do the Deluxe plan....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts