First time trying to plan last minute, which resort.

Some more research as this is what I have come up with and need finalizing some of it.

Travel dates june 1 - June 6 5 nights
POP - $965 Disney site
Park ticket undercover tourist - $1355. 5 day or 4 day 1299 non flexible.

Thoughts?
Still can’t find a website that shows FP+ availability.

Those dates for Pop are available at Undercover Tourist for $868.91 (after tax) for the base room if you'd like to save $100.

Yes, I will check that link out I registered but still can’t log in. I am on mobile so that could be something.

First week of June will it be super crowded and really hot and muggy? Or somewhat tolerable?

What are something to do for boys, 5 year old must see attractions so I can focus on that. For the 2 year old I am not sure if there is any ride catered towards them.

Can we request a crib for the room?

Yes, I will check that link out I registered but still can’t log in. I am on mobile so that could be something.

First week of June will it be super crowded and really hot and muggy? Or somewhat tolerable?

What are something to do for boys, 5 year old must see attractions so I can focus on that. For the 2 year old I am not sure if there is any ride catered towards them.

You can request a pack n play for the room.

June will be hot and muggy, but so will the rest of the summer.

I think the best thing to do is to start reading & research. Watch YouTube videos of rides. Look up height requirements of coasters and see if your oldest can go on them. Research rider swap. 2 year olds can go on anything without a height requirement. Look at park hours for your trip. Decide if you want to try a few extra magic hours or avoid them. Are you going to rope drop? Are you a sleep in family? What park are you going to visit on what day? These are decisions you have to make keeping the best interests of your family in mind because you know them best. Just make your best guess and everything will work out. :)

We usually wake up early and would like to go eat breakfast and be ready for the parks, Early June looks like will be hot and muggy as you said and not sure if we will be able to enjoy the parks as much vs. cooler in beginning or October or November. To add, that we may not get FS+ availability the more I am researching the more I feel we should do our trip later in the year to give us more time to plan.

How does one go about looking for booking dvc? is it a complicated process? which site is most reliable, is there sub forum here to learn more?

We usually wake up early and would like to go eat breakfast and be ready for the parks, Early June looks like will be hot and muggy as you said and not sure if we will be able to enjoy the parks as much vs. cooler in beginning or October or November. To add, that we may not get FS+ availability the more I am researching the more I feel we should do our trip later in the year to give us more time to plan.

How does one go about looking for booking dvc? is it a complicated process? which site is most reliable, is there sub forum here to learn more?

Yes, there is a dvc board. We are going the second week of June and we like the summer. We rope drop when it is cooler, do a sit down lunch, then head back to the hotel for a rest/pool break. Most of the time we go back to a park in the evening for cooler hours again. Another strategy is to do shows in the afternoon which would be in the AC during those peak hours.

As far as doing your trip later in the year, just remember that Galaxy Edge will be opening in September drawing major crowds. There are also Halloween parties going on a lot of nights at MK in October which limits your time in that park in the evening. But you would definitely have more time to research.

You can do this! I love Pop and the new rooms are great. The pool is nice too. If you want something for the 5 year old consider Caribbean beach as well. Lots of people get scared by the size but it’s really not bad.

You really only need FP for the 3 of you so that may hep with availability. I’ve planned and gone to Disney within 10 days for my oldest and I- and still managed to get FP (yep even for Mine train and Flight of Passage), and character dining (1900 Park faire breakfast on my birthday), this was spring break too. It does sometimes take some diligent checking whenever you get pockets of time but can be done. Heck I snagged big sought after dining reservations over New Years at last minute.

We have gone in June 5-6 times now, yes it’s hot so go early and go back for naps, head back out in early evening for a bit until you are tired.
Actually heading back to Orlando again this June, but to Universal then cruise. June is my favorite month :)

Ok so, I priced out swan and dolphin for 5 nights May 26th-May 31st, and it coming out to be $1200 and I think it not a bad price for a moderate resort right?

This late, you might be able to book a SSR one or two bedroom, but it isn't going to be less expensive than your Pop Century reservation. There are no studios available for your dates.

What is SSR? We are almost thinking of now pushing it out and going in beginning of October, It the birthday month for one of our kids and also I have read they do Halloween shows etc.

What is SSR? We are almost thinking of now pushing it out and going in beginning of October, It the birthday month for one of our kids and also I have read they do Halloween shows etc.
Saratoga Springs Resort. But you won't find any DVC reservations at all for October 2019.

And the “ Halloween Shows” are very expensive. They are a special ticket to an after hour party

You should remember that the new land, Star Wars: Galaxy Edition, will be opening on August 31st, so Hollywood Studios may be a park hard to get into. Things "could" slow down by October, but many are thinking as big as Star Wars is, that's not likely. Disney made the announcement about extra, extra, magic hours from Sept 2 to Nov 1 at MK, AK, and DHS to help with those crowds from SWGE. For 2 months those three parks are going to have extra magic hours every day. If you don't mind the crowds, then go in October, but you may want to still consider June when the parks will be a bit "slower" than they will be come September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter