First time to Tokyo (and Tokyo Disney!)

theocanada

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm heading to Tokyo for the first time in a couple weeks; stoked beyond belief to see the Disney parks there.

Does anyone have any general tips? Thus far I was going to buy a 2 day pass online and book one of the disney hotels online. The passes are so much cheaper than stateside parks! Hoory! The hotels are freakishly expensive! Not hooray.

I noticed on the ticket site there is the regular ticket and a "birthday passport." Absolutely cannot figure out what a birthday passport is. Does anyone know?

Any other tips?

Thank you!

I would suggest you buy your tickets at the hotel. I know when you buy a three day pass, for about $20 more you can get park hop privileges for all days vs just the last day. You can only upgrade your pass if purchased at the hotel.

And bring warm clothes, it is chilly and windy, especially in the evening.

Have a good trip!

I should clarify, its only Disney hotels you can do that at. I would feel awful if you went to the Sheraton and tried to do the ticket upgrade.

Oh, and any money you save in the cheaper park pass, will be made up in buying popcorn in the parks! :P

Bring Ziploc bags for your popcorn. I wanted to try lots of flavors, so I bought my bucket, offloaded into Ziplocs, then refilled at the next stand. The park maps have the popcorn locations listed by flavor.

Leave plenty of room in your suitcase for souvenirs. There is a plethora of cuteness at DLR and you'll want to buy loads of stuff!

Plan your day very well, because fastpasses go quickly. For Toy Story Mania, I got to DLS at 8:45, stood in line for 45 minutes and got a fastpass for 19:15. The standby line at 9:30 was 150 minutes! Plan your days around the rides you really want to do.

I love the snack items, so that's all I eat when I'm there. My favorite was the pork rice roll at DLS. It's rice wrapped in bacon - seriously delicious!

TDL must-do rides include Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Monster's Inc., Ride and Go Seek, Enchanted Tiki Room, Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall (castle walk-through), plus any of your favorites.

TDS must-do rides include Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Raging Spirits, Sindbad's Storybook Voyage, Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, plus any of your favorites.

I should clarify, its only Disney hotels you can do that at. I would feel awful if you went to the Sheraton and tried to do the ticket upgrade.

Oh, and any money you save in the cheaper park pass, will be made up in buying popcorn in the parks! :P

Do you have to be a guest at a Disney hotel to buy that ticket? I usually stay at the Hilton and buy my ticket at the park.

Honestly, I'm not sure. The times I've purchased tickets at the TDLH, I was staying there. I can't remember if they asked for my room number or key.

I looked on the website and it states:

Guests staying at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel may enter Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, even during high Park attendance periods when they purchase Park Passports at the hotel. Group Passports or Annual Passports not included.
Price List
Tickets may be purchased for the period of your stay at the hotel only.

It would lead me to believe that you have to be a hotel guest, but I don't know for sure.

Oh, and the birthday passport is an original birthday design ticket, birthday medal, birthday card and a birthday stuffed doll - all yours for an extra 2200 yen for an adult for one day :)

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/special/birthday/index.html

I think you're about about having to be a guest to get the special access passport. The birthday package sounds great, but is it 2200 or 22000? 2200 is just $22, right? I'd be up for that!

It looks like the 1 day birthday passport is 8400 yen so the price would be 2200 yen ($22 USD) difference.

Anyone more proficient in kanji than me (that doesn't take much, LOL) could verify that via the info on the link?
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/special/birthday/index.html

Worst case scenario, just ask when you get to TDR. Many of the cast members speak some English. Just ask "Eigo de daijoubu?" which is pretty much "English okay?". If they don't speak much English, they will find someone who does to help you. Seriously, the cast members there are some of the nicest people in the world!

If anything, all the CM's will know it's your birthday and they will say it wherever you go. When the gondolier asked if anyone was celebrating a birthday on the gondola rides at TDS she started singing the Happy Birthday song when my fiancee raised her hand and everyone on the gondola clapped/sang too. It was a wonderful experience and made me wish it was my birthdaypixiedust:.

We are planning a trip to Tokyo 9 days Singapore 4 days and Hong Kong 4 days. I lived in Tokyo in Akasaka long time ago iam excited to be going June 2015. We plan to do 4 days Disney the rest touring with Japan Rail pass. So far for Japan have Kyoto ,Nagisaka ,Osaka and Yokahama so will be very full trip. Then Hong Kong Disney plus sights. Final stop Singapore Universal Studios and Legoland and I must have High tea at Ruffles . Now are saving like mad as its quite a lot just for the Air and Hotels .We are staying in Shinjuku would have loved to stay at Disney Hotel but this trip budget tight. Anyone have any tips for Singapore mainly. :banana::banana:Thanks.

If anything, all the CM's will know it's your birthday and they will say it wherever you go. When the gondolier asked if anyone was celebrating a birthday on the gondola rides at TDS she started singing the Happy Birthday song when my fiancee raised her hand and everyone on the gondola clapped/sang too. It was a wonderful experience and made me wish it was my birthdaypixiedust:.

Did you get many photos with Charactors .I know there are a few charactors not seen here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter