First Time to DLP....Attraction Wait Times?

DisneyDreamers3

Mouseketeer
We will be taking a day trip to DLP mid-week, right before Thanksgiving. Since we won't have access to Fast Pass, what kind of wait times should we expect?

Thanks for the help!

I guess it may be a stupid question, but why wouldn't you have access to Fast Passes?

Maybe the OP is thinking that DLP also use a FastPass + system like WDW?

DisneyDreamers3, fast pass at Disneyland still work like the legacy fast pass system at Walt Disney World. You can't reserve in advance and its first come, first serve at machines near the rides. Are you planning on just visiting Disneyland Paris or doing both parks in a single day?

At DLP, Big Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan's Flight are the two hardest fast passes to score. I'd start with a fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain and then try to catch Peter Pan's Flight in stand-by. Do you do intense attractions? Space Mountain over there is a looping roller coaster with a launch that inspired Rock n Roller Coaster at WDW. It just got new rockets this year with comfortable soft restraints and it currently runs the Hyperspace Mountain show.

It just got new rockets this year with comfortable soft restraints and it currently runs the Hyperspace Mountain show.

O/T - That’s great to hear. When I rode it in 2013, it left me with a splitting headache from my head being thrown left and right.

Wait times haven't been that bad the last week or so and the French don't celebrate Thanksgiving like in the US so it should be pretty quiet as the kids will be at school mid-week.

Peter Pan's flight, Ratatouille and Crush's coaster plus meet and greet with princesses and Mickey seem to have the longest wait times at the moment (I'm going in Oct so been looking at the phone app).

It WILL likely be cold though and possibly wet so layers and a waterproof jacket a must to stave off hypothermia lol!

Have fun

Wait times haven't been that bad the last week or so and the French don't celebrate Thanksgiving like in the US so it should be pretty quiet as the kids will be at school mid-week.

Peter Pan's flight, Ratatouille and Crush's coaster plus meet and greet with princesses and Mickey seem to have the longest wait times at the moment (I'm going in Oct so been looking at the phone app).

It WILL likely be cold though and possibly wet so layers and a waterproof jacket a must to stave off hypothermia lol!

Have fun

Crush Coaster is the biggest traffic jam for waits in the resort and there is only one way to escape it: stay on site if there is an early entry and run there as soon as the park open. The ride low capacity (700 guests an hour if they're lucky) made a Fast Pass test a disaster and so, a long and slow moving wait is the only way. A single riders line is offered yes... but you need to wait in the regular line until you enter the ride building and before the stairs, the single riders start there.

The following attractions offer Single Riders access at DLP: Space Mountain, Ratatouille, Crush Coaster, RC Racer and Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop in Toy Story Playland.

Thanks everyone for your help and feedback! I now understand what to expect :) I saw that Peter Pan is closed for refurb so guess I'll be holding out for a ride on BTMR :) It will be very interesting to see the difference between our beloved WDW and DLP. Looking forward to our trip very much!

Thanks again :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter