First time to DL/DCA need your input

bonzie1

DIS Veteran
We have been to WDW numerous times, and know many ins and outs. We're planning to go to DL for the first time in December. I've got a 4 night package wtih Fall Fantasy at CA with a preferred view for 1243.00. This includes hoppers.

Does anyone know if this is a good rate? Should I try for just a room price and add the hoppers on my own? I am just not familiar at all with DL and rates.

Any input is appreciated. I feel like a fish out of water learning about the "ropes" at DL. THanks!

I'm assuming you mean the Grand Californian that you're staying at?

I got a similar rate for 4 nights in October for 2 adults. ($1256 Disney Club Fall Fantasy Rate, through DU, but I upgraded my breakfast to a resort character breakfast.)

Personally, I think it's a good deal, considering theme park view rooms run between $295-$335 per night, not including tax. Right now they have a promo where you get a day added to your hopper for free, check to see if that's what you have. So I'm getting a 4-day hopper pass for the price of a 3-day pass which is $111 per person. There is also a daily resort fee, I think something like $5-$6 per night, but that's already included in the package price as well.

Others may say they've found better nightly rates on the internet travel sites (expedia, travelocity, etc.), but they seem to be very limited, and are more common at Paradise Pier (which seems to be the least popular), and sometimes the Disneyland Hotel. I've only found the deeply discounted rates for some dates in September, and only at Paradise Pier ($120 for standard view). You could try calling the resort directly and see if they have any special rates.

I don't really care for most of the WDW packages since they usually don't save $$$, but I think the DL packages are usually worth it, especially since discounts are harder to come by, and for smaller amounts than at WDW.

Thanks luvtigger! I'm not a fan of WDW pacakges either, and can usually get a better deal through Disney Club, or AP, but since I'm new at DL, it's so hard. Yes, our package is the 3 night package with the 4th night free with the 3 day park hoppers also with the 4th night free. I had no idea the Grand Californian rooms with the preferred view went for so much.

Thanks for taking time to share. These boards are so valuable. Now I have to see if we're going to put down a deposit! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter