First time staying at the

hisgal2

Mouseketeer
I just booked our first stay at the Fort....Jan 11-21, 2020. We've been to Disney before, but have always stayed at Coronado Springs. This time around, the mother-in-law is coming with us which makes us a 5 person party. I priced out all sorts of different things and staying at the campgrounds was the cheapest way to go.....even with the price hikes. I booked a Premium Meadow site which was the only site category left that would be able to hold an RV (I have read the thread about it being a new category, but not being new loops.....basically just rebranding at a higher cost....thanks, Disney). We are renting an RV from someone on RVshare. I think I ended up renting from one of the only people who have never delivered to the Fort, so now I have some questions.

1-The owners of the RV will be delivering the RV on our check-in day. What do I need to do so that they'll be able to get to whatever campsite we are assigned to? How does that work??
2-Also, I read that the Premium Meadow loops will most likely be the 600,700,800,900,1000, and 1400 loops. Has that been found to be true?.....and if you were camping in that category, what loop/sites would you ask for?
3-We typically spend our entire days in the parks....rope drop to close...and space out some rest days. We'll be going to MK for probably 2 of the days we are staying (do the boats go to MK????).
4-How do the buses run?....is there a specific order of stops that they pick up? Do the buses often get full which would require us to have to wait for another bus (this campground is huge!). If so, is there a better loop to be in that the buses would get to first, etc?

Thanks for any tips, tricks, and information you can give me. I'll be living on this forum quite a bit in the next few months trying to learn all the ways of the Fort. :)

We rented an RV last Sept, but it was from one of the official vender companies, so they were let in. You may have to be present when your rental arrives.
The premium meadow sites are just closer to the main pool and campfire, in the middle of the campground.
Yes, boats do go directly to Magic Kingdom, at the extreme north end of the campground where the marina, beach and restaurants are located.
The bus system is fine. Bus stops are all over. There are maps at each stop displaying the yellow and purple lines.
A few tips...
5 people in a camper, I would request a site close to a bathhouse.
The busses are fine...maybe think about renting a golf cart, so much more convenient.
Trail's End is a brunch buffet on weekends (Mac n Cheese and fried chicken 8am, yes, please)
Magic Kingdom fireworks can be viewed sitting on the beach, music is heard on the various speakers.
If you have a vehicle, it's a lot faster to drive to the other parks (not MK), parking is free.
Boats also go to and from Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary.

So have you decided who is sleeping where ?? Our Fifth wheel sleep 6, but there is only one REAL bed. The other two are couches that turn in to beds. They will fit a 13 year old and a 7 year old fine, but a real adult would have to sleep diagonal or their feet will be hanging off.
They may not let the owners in with the camper, as they are not on the reservation, you may have to drive it in and park it. Since they are not an official Disney vendor. The campground is a mile end to end, we have never needed a golf cart and have done fine. Remember if coming back from MK the boats stop running at 11pm, so if you stay later, you either have to catch a bus or hike it.
Our camper is 43 ft long and a total of 344 square feet, so depending on the size of the trailer remember getting ready in the morning and when you get back at night, is going to be a lot tighter than any hotel room on property.

1-The owners of the RV will be delivering the RV on our check-in day. What do I need to do so that they'll be able to get to whatever campsite we are assigned to? How does that work??
2-Also, I read that the Premium Meadow loops will most likely be the 600,700,800,900,1000, and 1400 loops. Has that been found to be true?.....and if you were camping in that category, what loop/sites would you ask for?
3-We typically spend our entire days in the parks....rope drop to close...and space out some rest days. We'll be going to MK for probably 2 of the days we are staying (do the boats go to MK????).
4-How do the buses run?....is there a specific order of stops that they pick up? Do the buses often get full which would require us to have to wait for another bus (this campground is huge!). If so, is there a better loop to be in that the buses would get to first, etc?

1. No clue. Most people rent from official vendors who get FW access or frequent vendors that have already conquered this issue and advise their clients how to proceed.
2. I've seen those lists but a few have left out 700 so not sure on that one (which makes sense actually since it is furthest from the Meadows area (Trading Post, pool, etc.). We might get certain confirmation later but January is when it is effective I believe. Don't get hung up on specific sites either. If someone is camping on it the day you arrive, oh well. For a January visit I think 600 is good - about halfway between the boat dock and the Meadows area.
3. Boats go to MK. Actually there are two ways to boat. The big boat (left side of the dock) first starts running generally in time to get you there at the official opening time (or EMH). If it's a 9am opening, the first empty boat will pull up to the dock about 825am and unload at MK about 850am - that sort of thing. Same for EMH - an 8am EMH open will put first boat at the dock at 725am. On the right side of the dock is the small boat that runs in a circle between Contemp/Wild Lodge/Fort. It starts running at 630am and people who want to roam Main Street early before rope drop (between 8-9am for a regular opening) like me take that boat to the Contemp and then walk under the monorail line on the sidewalk to MK. Short easy security check either boat route.
4. There are 3 internal bus lines (Purple, Yellow, Orange) and somewhere close to the entrance to your loop is an internal bus stop. They do NOT run frequently early in the morning (until about 730am). We tend to camp close to the lake and walk to the boat dock to MK and drive to the other parks. I've not heard about crowds like for Pop, etc. About the only thing regarding riding the bus to/from parks is that the Fort bus stop at the Parks (and Disney Springs) seem to be the furthest away just about of all the resorts bus stops.

Remember if coming back from MK the boats stop running at 11pm, so if you stay later, you either have to catch a bus or hike it.

Not sure about the 11pm thing. The boats generally run to one hour past closing time (or one hour past EMH close if that is in the evening).

Stick with us and ask questions.

Bama Ed

_MG_0677-1.jpg

Top sign is for the small boats that go Fort, Lodge, and Contemporary.

_MG_0676-1.jpg

This is for the larger boat that docks at MK.

We rented an RV last Sept, but it was from one of the official vender companies, so they were let in. You may have to be present when your rental arrives.
The premium meadow sites are just closer to the main pool and campfire, in the middle of the campground.
Yes, boats do go directly to Magic Kingdom, at the extreme north end of the campground where the marina, beach and restaurants are located.
The bus system is fine. Bus stops are all over. There are maps at each stop displaying the yellow and purple lines.
A few tips...
5 people in a camper, I would request a site close to a bathhouse.
The busses are fine...maybe think about renting a golf cart, so much more convenient.
Trail's End is a brunch buffet on weekends (Mac n Cheese and fried chicken 8am, yes, please)
Magic Kingdom fireworks can be viewed sitting on the beach, music is heard on the various speakers.
If you have a vehicle, it's a lot faster to drive to the other parks (not MK), parking is free.
Boats also go to and from Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary.
Thanks for those tips!....especially the one about being able to see the fireworks from the beach! Awesome! I've already thought about being close to a bathhouse just because it always seems like someone is in the bathroom when someone else needs to use the toilet.
So have you decided who is sleeping where ?? Our Fifth wheel sleep 6, but there is only one REAL bed. The other two are couches that turn in to beds. They will fit a 13 year old and a 7 year old fine, but a real adult would have to sleep diagonal or their feet will be hanging off.
They may not let the owners in with the camper, as they are not on the reservation, you may have to drive it in and park it. Since they are not an official Disney vendor. The campground is a mile end to end, we have never needed a golf cart and have done fine. Remember if coming back from MK the boats stop running at 11pm, so if you stay later, you either have to catch a bus or hike it.
Our camper is 43 ft long and a total of 344 square feet, so depending on the size of the trailer remember getting ready in the morning and when you get back at night, is going to be a lot tighter than any hotel room on property.
Yes. The camper we are renting sleeps 10 people. There is a bunkhouse in the back that my 11 and 12 year olds will sleep on the 2 top bunks and then my mother in law will sleep on a bottom bunk. Hubby and I will sleep in the real bed at the front of the camper. We are used to a pop up camper here at home (in PA), so this camper will be huge to us. The mother in law won't always be going to the parks as early as us and the 4 of us have a pretty good system for getting ready in the mornings.......the kids eat breakfast while hubby and I get dressed and use the bathroom, etc. and then we switch. With the camper having a table in the slide to eat at, people will be able to tuck out of the way from others. I'm going to call Disney and find out what I need to do to get the camper in. I know other owners on RVshare have taken campers in and set them up for people....I just need to know the procedure for it.
1. No clue. Most people rent from official vendors who get FW access or frequent vendors that have already conquered this issue and advise their clients how to proceed.
2. I've seen those lists but a few have left out 700 so not sure on that one (which makes sense actually since it is furthest from the Meadows area (Trading Post, pool, etc.). We might get certain confirmation later but January is when it is effective I believe. Don't get hung up on specific sites either. If someone is camping on it the day you arrive, oh well. For a January visit I think 600 is good - about halfway between the boat dock and the Meadows area.
3. Boats go to MK. Actually there are two ways to boat. The big boat (left side of the dock) first starts running generally in time to get you there at the official opening time (or EMH). If it's a 9am opening, the first empty boat will pull up to the dock about 825am and unload at MK about 850am - that sort of thing. Same for EMH - an 8am EMH open will put first boat at the dock at 725am. On the right side of the dock is the small boat that runs in a circle between Contemp/Wild Lodge/Fort. It starts running at 630am and people who want to roam Main Street early before rope drop (between 8-9am for a regular opening) like me take that boat to the Contemp and then walk under the monorail line on the sidewalk to MK. Short easy security check either boat route.
4. There are 3 internal bus lines (Purple, Yellow, Orange) and somewhere close to the entrance to your loop is an internal bus stop. They do NOT run frequently early in the morning (until about 730am). We tend to camp close to the lake and walk to the boat dock to MK and drive to the other parks. I've not heard about crowds like for Pop, etc. About the only thing regarding riding the bus to/from parks is that the Fort bus stop at the Parks (and Disney Springs) seem to be the furthest away just about of all the resorts bus stops.

Not sure about the 11pm thing. The boats generally run to one hour past closing time (or one hour past EMH close if that is in the evening).

Stick with us and ask questions.

Bama Ed
Thanks for that information! I rarely have a specific room that I'm asking for when I send a request in....I would do a request for a camping area the same way. I'll mention things like closer to a bathhouse, but not right next to one (just to cut down on noise....unless the Fort is different than other campgrounds?.....somewhat close to a bus stop, etc. We won't be able to drive to parks since we are flying into MCO and taking the ME to the Fort, so we'll be completely reliant on Disney transportation. We are used to getting to bus stops much earlier than the desired park opening because of how Disney transportation runs. It's good to know it's spotty early in the morning. Thank you.
View attachment 414083

Top sign is for the small boats that go Fort, Lodge, and Contemporary.

View attachment 414085

This is for the larger boat that docks at MK.
Perfect! Thank you!

Thanks for those tips!....especially the one about being able to see the fireworks from the beach! Awesome! I've already thought about being close to a bathhouse just because it always seems like someone is in the bathroom when someone else needs to use the toilet.

Yes. The camper we are renting sleeps 10 people. There is a bunkhouse in the back that my 11 and 12 year olds will sleep on the 2 top bunks and then my mother in law will sleep on a bottom bunk. Hubby and I will sleep in the real bed at the front of the camper. We are used to a pop up camper here at home (in PA), so this camper will be huge to us. The mother in law won't always be going to the parks as early as us and the 4 of us have a pretty good system for getting ready in the mornings.......the kids eat breakfast while hubby and I get dressed and use the bathroom, etc. and then we switch. With the camper having a table in the slide to eat at, people will be able to tuck out of the way from others. I'm going to call Disney and find out what I need to do to get the camper in. I know other owners on RVshare have taken campers in and set them up for people....I just need to know the procedure for it.

Thanks for that information! I rarely have a specific room that I'm asking for when I send a request in....I would do a request for a camping area the same way. I'll mention things like closer to a bathhouse, but not right next to one (just to cut down on noise....unless the Fort is different than other campgrounds?.....somewhat close to a bus stop, etc. We won't be able to drive to parks since we are flying into MCO and taking the ME to the Fort, so we'll be completely reliant on Disney transportation. We are used to getting to bus stops much earlier than the desired park opening because of how Disney transportation runs. It's good to know it's spotty early in the morning. Thank you.

Perfect! Thank you!
I have confirmed with several CMs that the new Meadows designation will not effect our Oct/Nov 2019 premium res. New "meadows premium" sites will take effect Jan 1 2020 and will include 600,700,800,900,1000,and 1400. This info is from Res. CMs not a "bus driver" so take it for what its worth. It's hard to get the straight scoop now that Josephine is retired. We really miss that gal.

I had no idea you could drive to the parks and park free.

I’m terribly impatient about waiting for buses and when we stayed in 1600 often walked to the outpost in the morning rather than waiting for the internal bus and dealing with a stroller a second time

From the 200 loop, we walked to the MK boats and used the end of the bus line so that we could jump on whichever bus showed up first, which helped greatly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter