First time solo in August

1Grumpy9

DIS Veteran
This will be my first solo trip and because of the rates, I am staying off property. I am going for the Dis 20th Anniversary Pandora Party, but I am really excited about going solo. I don't have to worry about making other people happy and making sure I can keep up with them.

I am going August 8-13th and I am staying at the Ramada by Wyndham Kissimmee Gateway.

This will be my first solo trip and because of the rates, I am staying off property. I am going for the Dis 20th Anniversary Pandora Party, but I am really excited about going solo. I don't have to worry about making other people happy and making sure I can keep up with them.

I am going August 8-13th and I am staying at the Ramada by Wyndham Kissimmee Gateway.

I’m going the same time on my first solo trip! 8/7 - 8/12. I will be at POFQ though. I’m a bit nervous but excited for “me” time doing as I please.

I’m going the same time on my first solo trip! 8/7 - 8/12. I will be at POFQ though. I’m a bit nervous but excited for “me” time doing as I please.
Well thing took a big turn today as my parents are letting me use the last of our old non-expiring park hopper for this trip so on Monday I will be getting an on property stay!! What I was saving staying off property and having to buy my ticket can now be used for my resort stay. I will also save some money by not having to get an Uber for every ride to and from the parks.

I got my room at Pop for the 5 days and I am excited. Event with the higher cost of the hotel and not having to buy a ticket, along with using ME (instead of paying for SuperShuttle) and getting an uber every day, I am saving myself over $100!!!!

That's awesome! Solo trips are the BEST and Pop is perfect for it. Having the Disney perks is so much better than staying off site, especially with ME factored in.

WDW is one of the best places for solo travelers--safe, clean, friendly, and so many choices. I was a bit self-conscious during my first couple of solo trips, but then I realized it was all in my head. It's very liberating not having to compromise and being able to do whatever you want.

I've also found that eating meals at bars/lounges/table-service restaurants is a better solo experience than quick service, which is the opposite of what I would have expected.

That's awesome! Solo trips are the BEST and Pop is perfect for it. Having the Disney perks is so much better than staying off site, especially with ME factored in.

WDW is one of the best places for solo travelers--safe, clean, friendly, and so many choices. I was a bit self-conscious during my first couple of solo trips, but then I realized it was all in my head. It's very liberating not having to compromise and being able to do whatever you want.

I've also found that eating meals at bars/lounges/table-service restaurants is a better solo experience than quick service, which is the opposite of what I would have expected.

I am not a big eater, so bars and lounges may be the way to go for me. I can get appetizers and be happy and quite full.

Since I am going solo, I can try different restaurants or places, my group probably wouldn't try.

The only place I am looking at getting a reservation for yet is maybe 50's Prime Time. I have been wanting to eat there for years, and haven't had the chance to until now!!!

If you can't get a reservation for one at 50s PT, try booking it for two people. If that fails, you can order from the full menu at the bar (Tune In Lounge).

I totally agree about "apps as dinner." They're often better than the entrees, anyway. I don't know if you like Asian food, but Morimoto Asia has a late night lounge menu with $8 apps, drink specials, great noodles and some sushi rolls.

If you can't get a reservation for one at 50s PT, try booking it for two people. If that fails, you can order from the full menu at the bar (Tune In Lounge).

I totally agree about "apps as dinner." They're often better than the entrees, anyway. I don't know if you like Asian food, but Morimoto Asia has a late night lounge menu with $8 apps, drink specials, great noodles and some sushi rolls.

Thanks for the info about 50's! I might have to look into that.

The only snag I am having right now is getting the old ticket connected to my reservation. The ticket is from 1999 (non-expiring/park hopper/water parks and more) and I have been trying to find out how many days are remaining on the ticket. I have emailed the information to the email that you are supposed to and I have yet to hear back from them (it has been over a week).

I'll be there August 6th - 11th for the Pandora party. I just booked ASM at the Passholder rate, which is actually a few dollars cheaper each night than what the DIS is offering. :)

Finally got my old ticket connected and my FP date is on the 8th. Now trying to plan out my days.

I will definitely be looking into the Tune In Lounge instead of 50's Prime Time. I looked at their menu and I could at least get a decent meal there before heading over to AK for the evening and party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter